New Books / weights - positive and negatives

With regard to the extra philly thing, I remember it being mentioned in the mag and I wrote it up in my old book as a b choice 100g on green. But as you also say its not mentioned in our new books so I wouldnt have it until I had confirmed with my c also

Will someone else be able to check with their C as mine was quite insistant that it is. I want to make sure that she is right too before I start to use it.... Would be good to get another C's information too :)

It would be fruitybabe I agree. Unfortunately I wont be going to group next week as I have my little granddaughter to look after, but I am sure someone will have clarified this by then. I suppose the alternative would be to ring S W up direct.Love your user name by the way!

OSS are on sale in £1 shop.

Buy them for my MIL every week and she said they are a lot cheaper than Supermarket.

Shrimpy - the one upstairs in Broadmarsh.

Oooooh Thanks Systema! I shall be heading there on monday then. :)

I'm thinking of using the vouchers coming up in the tabloids & popping along to a class - to get the new books, stock up on HiFi & maybe a recipe book or two. I recon that'll be cheaper than just getting the books off e-bay.

Me too, got a voucher for half price membership so should be able to get these for £9.95! Is that a bit naughty of me??

Yes.... please tell me which paper has the offer..... or is there one in the mag?

Judith & Pickle the wonder dog

The only ones that I can find are these

Special offer 1 - saving £20 if you join between 1st and 28th Jan and buy a 12wk countdown for £49.50

Special offer 2- free membership with a Daily Mirror voucher if you join between 9th and 14th jan using Daily Mirror voucher published Sat 7th and Sunday 8th jan......

You can join without a voucher in January and get free membership saving you 10 pounds so all you pay is the weekly meeting fee of 4.95
My consultant text me this the other day :)

I got my half price membership voucher as a leaflet through the door. I would imagine that the Sliming World website will have a similar voucher soon as their current one expired on 31st Dec.

**JUST CHECKED THE WEBSITE AND THE HALF PRICE OFFER IS NOW ON THERE :) **

Jacqui x

Last edited:
Going back to the porridge OSS debate, it is useful to remember that porridge has a very low Glycaemic load which will not cause a rapid rise in blood sugar which will then fall as quickly leaving you hungry earlier. OSS because it has been finely milled has a high glyceamic load. Any food that has been milled or puffed out (like puffed wheat) will not satisfy you for as long.

Question on the oats?
Do you have to "cook" them or would putting boiling water/milk on them in a food flask or from a thermos work?

Thinking it might be an option for a quick grab on the way to work to eat when I get there.
I don't have time to wait for it to cool enough to eat at home and it's about a 40 min drive to work so they're cold when I get there.
I do get there 10 mins early so could eat then but with 3 mins prep time, again not long enough to cook AND eat.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Maybe I'm being a bit thick here, but, when I first started my c said I couldn't tweak on breakfasts eg one weetabix and one alpen light etc as this contributed to a sts or a gain!

But now it seems we can and also have slightly larger portions!!!

In my brain that doesn't equate to a loss!

I say if it's not broke don't fix it

re member discount - from the website today

Join Slimming World before 28th January and get half price membership. That’s only £5.00 to join and £4.95 weekly – a total of just £9.95 to pay on your first night! OR get FREE MEMBERSHIP and two free weeks (out of 12) when you buy a 12 week Countdown - a total saving of £19.90!

Question on the oats?
Do you have to "cook" them or would putting boiling water/milk on them in a food flask or from a thermos work?

Thinking it might be an option for a quick grab on the way to work to eat when I get there.
I don't have time to wait for it to cool enough to eat at home and it's about a 40 min drive to work so they're cold when I get there.
I do get there 10 mins early so could eat then but with 3 mins prep time, again not long enough to cook AND eat.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Yes, you can cook oats in a thermos flask. No idea if it would work with OSS, but I have done it with normal oats. Not sure how long it would take - I have done it overnight and the porridge was cooked and hot in the morning.

You would have to do some experiments with the amount of water, and the time needed, and be prepared for some disasters!

I have porridge every morning and got a great tip here. I mix it with a Muller Light, leave it in the fridge overnight and it's delicious for breakfast the next morning along with some fruit. I usually use a vanilla Muller but have tried it with a couple of the other flavours and they are just as nice. I took to using the Mullers so that I could use my milk allowance for a skinny latte every day.

Back