New Bride Motivation ~ HELP!

Tara27

Hellooooo everyone, i have been reading some of these threads over the past few days, and ur all a load of nutters.... i feel so at home :D
So, i've come to the conclusion that whilst this diet sounds bloody hard for the first few days, if u stick at it the results look amazing.... so i want to get on the skinny train with u all!
I will be marrying at the end of May 2014 and want to lose maybe 4 stone.... this gives me around 7 months (minus xmas, birthdays and hen do!)
Does this sound achievable?
Reading some of your losses, it certainly does!
I tried the Cambridge diet last year and lasted 4 days..... prob not even enough time to fully get into ketosis.
I'm a very sociable lass and (obviously) a real foodie! so the whole realisation of cutting out food AND drink turned me into a spoilt brat and i failed miserably.
But lets face it, none of us know how well we'll do until we actually try it!
So here i am again, hopeful that all the positive thoughts about this particular VLCD could get me to goal!
I'm about to make my first food order, so any advice (although i know its personal preference) would be fab?
I've read alot of brilliant tips from u all too, so ur all making me feel really positive.
Cheers peeps!
Tara

Hi Tara. It looks like we are in pretty much the same boat. I am getting married July 26th 2014 and would like to lose 3stone. I am on day 5 and feeling ok. Days 3&4 were hard going with the headaches and feeling deprived but I feel a lot better today. I think the weekends are going to be tough without having a drink or treats! It will be worth it to be a slim bride though!! I have enjoyed the mushroom pasta, spicy pasta and the chilli, I have liked the shakes except the cafe latte and all the bars I have tried have gone down well! Haven't tried many of the other meals so going to try cheesy pasta and cottage pie this week. I thought the mild curry was rank! Good luck!!!!

Hey Rocket, cheers for the reply!
I made my first order a few mins ago, eeeeeeek! I went full whack and ordered a months worth too.... I'm determined LOL!
I pretty much ordered 2 shakes, a meal and 1 bar for each day and as its my first order I chose what I thought I would like and threw in a few randoms to try too.
Yeh I'm dreading weekends too.... Will take a while to get into the swing of not feeling deprived or punished!
Nobody's making us do this are they, and we got ourselves in this state so I should feel lucky that there's a diet out there that will get the bulk of it off so rapidly.
Day 5 is fab tho, can't WAIT to be there!!

Sent from my HTC One SV using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi ladies, I just wanted to give you a bit of motivation too-I lost 3 stone before my wedding a couple of years ago by doing a vlcd. The year before I had been a bridesmaid and I still look back at the photos and cringe. I so wish I had done it before I was a bridesmaid let alone the bride. Needless to say though that seeing myself in the photos as a bridesmaid even now make me feel sick. It was the kick up the behind I needed! I went full steam ahead and lost three stone. I took a few mini breaks for birthdays and Christmas and used those as things to look forward to and keep me focused. I can honestly say that when I look back at my wedding photos I am so happy seeing a slim bride as these photos are forever! I also wore a bikini on honeymoon and denim shorts!!
You girls can definitely do it and you will be so pleased that you did do it!!
(-as you can see I'm back on a vlcd after having my baby and getting carried away with the 'eating for two'! But after 2 months I am 2 and a half stone down and still going!!)
Good luck ladies xx

Wow Sammy,
That is inspiration!!
I can dream of wearing a bikini on holiday..... I've been size 18 for as long as I can remember but I'm quite tall so like they say 'u carry it well!' No more excuses tho.
The thing I fear about this diet is the saggy skin.... Surely it won't ping back in 6 months after years of being stretched?! Either way, i'll look better in a bikini top and sarong than I did last year :-/
Like you, I have enough pics of me to know I do not want a double chin and wobbly arms on my Big Day....
So surely this is the best wedding prezzie I can give myself!!
I think my packs will come today or tomoro, so planning to start Wednesday but I have my sisters 21st on the 8th of Nov.... What to do?!! Don't want to stall any longer :(

Well done on your losses Sammy! I usually lose 2stone and get into a comfy size 14 then pack it all in and pile it back on - so I'm determined that I will stick to this to lose the whole lot! I have my first planned night off on 22nd November for a works night out, that will be a month since starting so hopefully be a stone down. Then hopefully back on till Christmas. Although it is my sons 2nd birthday on 1st of December so I may have that day off plan so have some birthday cake!!! You could still do a week before your sisters birthday then get back on plan the day after? X

Yeah I agree get cracking on it and if you want to take a break for your sisters birthday.
You'll be quite surprised how much you'll be able to lose the 8th!!

I've got a night out on 22nd nov too!!

You'll definitely look back on your pictures and be so happy with your achievement.
My dress had to be taken in majorly but it was worth it!! The dressmaker was shocked!!

Xx

I wouldn't mind being a size 14 bride Rocket, I think that's a delicious size :)
I've ordered my dress from a gorgeous boutique in a size 20 (apparently u have to order in a size bigger for alterations?) I can only imagine what the poor seamstress will think when I rock up to the shop in March as a slinky size 12 hahaha!!
Thing is if I take a break after 7 days for my sis bday, won't I of only just got into ketosis? All that hard work, only to have to do it all over again a few days later.... Or will it be easier if I only have 1 cheat day? I know I will only get through this knowing I can still join in on important BIG events (not just little social pub nights) I'm just scared of slowing the losses down by coming on and off it? X

Well you could always try low carbing beforehand and then go full swing into it after your sisters birthday. It takes roughly 3-4 days, (usually 4 for most) to go into ketosis so you'll be nicely in there and losing a good amount by next Friday. Some people tend to slip neatly back into ketosis without too many side effects after a little break. But everybodies different. Do what feels right for you and if you feel like you're not able to get your head into it yet then it maybe best to wait until after your night out so you're not wasting packs/money. Xx

Thanks Sammy,
I suppose I can just see how I feel when the time comes can't I. I just don't want this diet to come second all the time. My first priority is to get slim, its just typical that whenever u feel motivated loads of social events come up!
I got a confirmation email today.... My food packs will be here TOMORROW! Actually excited to get started! Gonna weigh myself Wednesday morning and take a picture and do the same every Wednesday morning.
How are you doing?
X

I got really excited when I finally decided to take the plunge! It's a big decision but once you commit yourself to it it does become a way of life. I'm forever thinking about food and always get the mean little demon in my head trying to tempt me. But it boils down to the fact that I so want to be slim much more than I want to eat naughty things. Plus I know what those things taste like. And I will taste them again. It's not like I'll never be able to have it, just not right now.
I'm in week nine now! Crikey where did the time go?!! I've had a couple of 'treats' where I've had a thing to look forward to and enjoyed a little something...although sometimes I've not even enjoyed it and wished I hadn't bothered breaking plan!! So far I've lost 34lbs since 1st Sept. Can't wait until I can get into my 'skinny' (-as in the style!!) jeans!! I tried them 2 weeks ago but they wouldn't go past my thighs!! Grr!
My new order is coming tomorrow! I'm really excited too as I'm going to try these porridge pancakes I've heard about and also have ordered the wafers for a change! Mmmm :) xx

Yay my 2nd order is coming tomorrow too! And my 'official' weigh in is also Wednesday so we can keep each other motivated!
I would love to be a 12 for the wedding! I am a large 16 at the moment so I'm looking forward to getting into some 14s for Christmas-I've got a lovely dress from coast I've only worn once if like to get into it for our works party!!
I was supposed to be going out tomorrow night (it's half term and i am a teacher and so are a lot of my friends) but going to have to pull a sicky as I don't want to tell them about the diet (size 6-8's and won't get it!) but as you say, I will still get involved every so often for 'big nights' just not every time. This has got to be my priority at the moment! Really don't want to have back/arm/chin fat on my wedding pics!!!!

Hahahaha! Exactly.
Yeh well done on Wk 9 Sammy!
Do u know what, I dunno if this makes it any easier, but I'm currently eating normal food and I'm really wondering what all the fuss is about. I just keep thinking about the diet and can't wait to start dropping those pounds.
I remember when I caved on Cambridge last year I wolfed down a chicken shish with pitta, mayo and salad..... Half an hour later I cried at my greed, wasn't even hungry to begin with and it didn't taste half as nice as I imagined it would. Maybe that experience is something to learn from and will keep me strong this time?
I also get really bored with deciding what to cook or make for brekkie, lunch and dinner. Its such an effort! At least now I can get my packs sorted for the day and off I go! Plus planning for the wedding, walking my pup and working fulltime keeps me busy.
I'm glad ur weigh in day is Wednesday too!
Should I start a diary, does it help?

You'll definitely be busy with all that!! Plus the wedding planning will help keep you focused!
Distraction and spacing out the packs are really helpful on this diet!
A diary has helped keep me going. I find it's a good place to rant and air your feelings!! :)

Received my months worth of food packs today... A big selection!!
Got my own section of the pantry and everything :)
Can u only set a diary up on a PC? Can't see where to do it on my phone.
Starting tomoro....
Eeeekkkkk!!!!

Hi Tara,

How's your first day going? I could only set up a diary thread on my PC (which is now gubbed). When I tried on my fone it went into the main threads. I was mortified x

Hi Marie,
Yeh cheers, I realised it can only be done on my PC and started it this morning :)
Today is going ok, thank u for asking!
Feeling hungrier the nearer it gets to dinner time, but i've still got a meal pack and a bar to have so I'm doing ok.
I haven't bought any Coke or Dr Pepper Zero yet and I genuinely think they'll help, along with Ribena Plus. Do u know what flavours I can have?
Any other tips or hints on little things we can have would be appreciated to get me through my first week, lol!
How are u doing?

Hi Marie, Yeh cheers, I realised it can only be done on my PC and started it this morning :) Today is going ok, thank u for asking! Feeling hungrier the nearer it gets to dinner time, but i've still got a meal pack and a bar to have so I'm doing ok. I haven't bought any Coke or Dr Pepper Zero yet and I genuinely think they'll help, along with Ribena Plus. Do u know what flavours I can have? Any other tips or hints on little things we can have would be appreciated to get me through my first week, lol! How are u doing? Sent from my HTC One SV using MiniMins.com mobile app

Oh il get over and say hello on your diary. That's good your doing ok.
Too can have most flavours of Ribena plus except the ones with orange in them i think. Just check on the back they don't contain citric acid and your sorted.
Oh I'm not the best to ask about cooking hahha. Think there's a recipe thread on here that gives you hints and tips. I got some tips on how to reinvent the packs - porridge to pancakes etc.
I was off it for a while. Tried weight watchers again - epic fail. So really just started again mon. Well yesterday cause I had 2 choc digestives mon :( x

Back