Attack New, day 2, just want some reassurance please?!

1.5tbs of wheatbran....are you sure you didn't mean Oatbran. We are only allowed 1tbs of wheatbran a day, which is sufficient to stop constipation, mix porridge with oatbran too. though i have just changed back tohaving only oatbran at breakast and the wheatbran is mixed in with muffins etc LOL

A planner is the way to go. I used Word on the laptop and created a table that is the 7 days across and breakfast, lunch, tea, supper, fluids, eggs, dairy, wheatbran, oatbran rows. I then keep a pencil close and write down anything I need to make a note of, a tick list for the number of drinks I have for instance. That way I know wht I am eating and drinking and can't go wrong.

I've actually done a plan for four weeks, so that I can keep it all going smoothly, I do realise that i will change main meals, but for the most part the hard work has been taken away then.

Search on here for recipes, also my dukan diet (which has loads of recipes), I actually googled dukan recipes and it came up with loads.

Thank you for the replies! I've just polished off the last of the smoked salmon as I can't afford to waste it but will give it a wide berth for a while now.

By the way Nila, it's not that smoked salmon is bad for your weight loss per se. It can just cause you to retain water which could disguise any actual weight loss. If you enjoy smoked salmon, I would have it, but maybe not every day and drink a couple of extra glasses of water a day to compensate. And probably avoid it the day before weigh in so you avoid any unnecessary disappointments!

Jx

Thank you! Where can I find the recipes for the above? I use this forum on my iPhone so it's a bit different to the normal site.

The phone app still shows you the option to look up the recipes, or just do a google search for things like 'Dukan meatballs' or whatever. There are tons of resources out there. Good luck! Jx

yes, just go to Forums->other diet options->dukan->dukan recipes. although a lot of people also post ideas in their diaries or on other threads, or links to recipes.

i would also suggest Getting to Know and Love your Food Labels. As i live in Asia and can't rely on 'approved' brands and products, i have to make on the spot decisions a lot, and so i know the basic numbers (maybe put them in your phone?) that tell me if something is ok. sure, it's not going to work if you're buying a packet of tomatoes, but these days pretty much everything has to have accurate, comparable nutritional data (thanks FDA!)

So look out for fat and carb content first, and then you can start to look at salt and sugar % when the numbers start to make sense. my targets are under 2% fat and under 5% carbs, and nothing with added sugar or salt. and preferably higher protein than carb content.

now if someone could just write a quick scanning app to read the labels and give us a dukan rating, that would be lovely...

thanks P, now i have My Fair Lady running through my head :rolleyes:

I had smoke salmon today, smaller portion that normal with my prawns and oopsie rolls for lunch. Very nice.

One meal I have discovered, and would never ever have thought to put it together.

I buy cheap asda salmon trimmings, put half a pack in the frying pan, cook til just pink and add a couple of beaten eggs. Make a Salmon Omelette. It is so so scrummy, I usually add a nice dollop of cottage cheese too, the combination is lovely.

I had smoke salmon today, smaller portion that normal with my prawns and oopsie rolls for lunch. Very nice.

One meal I have discovered, and would never ever have thought to put it together.

I buy cheap asda salmon trimmings, put half a pack in the frying pan, cook til just pink and add a couple of beaten eggs. Make a Salmon Omelette. It is so so scrummy, I usually add a nice dollop of cottage cheese too, the combination is lovely.

This is my standby meal for work, i cook the eggs in the microwave

'Yum' to the salmon recipe and 'oh lawks' to having wouldn't it be luverly stuck in my head for at least 3 days now.

I can't Do Little bout it LOL !!!!

Back