New diary-I'm going to class!!

hjanea

Silver Member
Hi all!!
I've had so many new starts on my old diary that it just depresses me so as I am going to my first class today I've decided to start a fresh new diary.
My name is Helen, I'm 43 and single mum to DD who is almost 7. I have been trying to concieve for several years, first with a known donor and more recently with donor embryos. I have had 3 attempts with donor embryos-all failures and I would like to get my BMI under 30 before I try again. That is my major motivation at the moment, though I would like to be much healthier and look better too!
I'm a little apprehensive about the class this morning and I'm going with a friend who's been going to the thursday evening class for several months but is now attending the friday morning one that just started last week. I work shifts so I am hoping that if I can't make a friday I will be able to get weighed at the thursday class-does anyone know if I can do this?

I'm going to get weighed on my scales before I go to see how accurate they are.
I've bought lots of extra lean meat and fruit and veg so will sort out a menu plan when I get home.
Unfortunately I'm going to the theatre with my mum and DD tomorrow (surprise for DD's birthday) and we are having lunch there which I'm hoping won't be too much of a disaster on day 2!! I've not been there so I have no idea what the choices will be like. I would've thought they'll have some sort of salad so I may put some low fat dressing in a container in my handbag and hope for no leakage!!
Right I'll be back later.

Well my start weight was 14 stone 5, which means my scales were right. The meeting went on forever-I don't think I shall be stopping for it all every week as I didn't learn anything new from doing online and from on here and TBH if I hadn't already done SW I'd be really confused about what I'm supposed to be doing now.
Anyhow I've just had a lovely salad for lunch-nightmare though light and extra light mayo are now more syns than when I was an online member last year-so I've already 4 syns with a tablespoon of each!!!
Plan for tea is chicken casserole which I need to go and prepare now-think I'll have a jacket potato with it.

Today has gone well so far.

Breakfast-skimmed milky coffee

L-big salad-lettuce, cucumber, tomato, grated carrot, onion, sweetcorn, tuna, mayo-4 syns and 60g wholemeal roll.

T-chicken casserole-skinned chicken thighs, onion, mushroom, celery, carrot, stock cube, water, with jacket potato, cabbage, sugar snap peas and leeks.
Vanilla and choc sprinkles mullerlight.

S-timeout

Hex A-375mls skimmed milk.
Hex B-60g wholemeal bread roll.

Syns-light mayo-3, extra light mayo-1, timeout-4.5 =8.5.

Exercise-60 minutes of walking.

Last edited:
Todays diary:
B-coffee, melon, grapes.

L-out at the theatre-jacket potato, tuna mayo, cucumber, tomato, grated carrot.

T-chicken, rice, carrot, leeks, 1/2 tbsp tomato ketchup.

S-2 alpen lights.

Syns-mayo-I've counted 7 for this, there wasn't too much in it but I'm sure it wasn't low fat. Tomato ketchup-0.5.
Daily total-7.5.
Weekly total-16/30.

Really pleased with finding something suitable for lunch in the cafe-have to say the chips looked yummy!! We went to see Annie and it was fantastic.
Tomorrow will be a bit of a challenge too as we are going with DD's rainbows to the panto. The bus leaves at 11 and we are due back around 4. Tea is fine as we are having roast lamb at mums and she frylights my potatoes and parsnips so I just need to syn the gravy. I'm thinking that a big breakfast will be the key and then some grapes, apple and alpen lights for snacks whilst we are out.

Haven't managed to fit in any exercise today and won't tomorrow either so I'll have to make sure I do on monday.

Today has gone ok so far. Just aving a cup of tea while the washing finishesbefore we go to mum's for tea.

B-coffee, 2 eggs scrambled, frylighted potato, onion, mushrooms, green pepper and tomatoes, baked beans, 1/2 tbsp ketchup.

L(at the panto)-alpen light, apple, grapes.

T-roast lamb, potatoes, parsnips, leeks, carrots, broccoli, sprouts, gravy, mullerlight.

syns-tomato ketchup-0.5, gravy-5.

Hi hun good luck on ur fresh start, i found ee very confusing when i went back to s/w it went against all i learnt in the days of red & green but did get my head round it in the end and think its a brilliant plan although i do quite a few red & green days cause i like the extra h/e a & b :)
I go to class and stay it does go on a bit but iook at it as a night out i have made some nice friends there ( how sad is that lol)
Good luck losing the lbs i will pop back and see how ur doing x

Hi Valerie!! Please do pop back!

Yesterday did go as planned with the addition of a mullerlight light and another alpen light-2nd half of my hexB. So syns yesterday-5.5 and weekly total-21.5/45. Think perhaps I'll have a choccy treat today.

Really chuffed with myself this morning as I've already done my exercise video-its only 17 mins but it's stretched me and made me breathless so it must have done some good.

Food wise the rough plan is SW quiche and salad for dinner and meatballs and spaghetti for tea.

Well the exercise must've done something as I'm starting to stiffen up-hope I can move tomorrow!!

Got lots of cooking done this morning-meatballs and a tomato sauce that had a bit too much sweetner in it, the mince and mash for shepherds pie, a SW quiche and the salad I had for my lunch. What a lot of washing up that created!

Todays food:
hex A-375mls skimmed milk
hex B-60g wholemeal roll.

B-milky coffee.

D-SW quiche, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, grated carrot, beetroot, 2 tbsp light salad cream, WM roll.

T-meatballs made with EL mince, onion, leek, green pepper, garlic, 40g WM bread, with tomato sauce-tinned tomatoes, onion, mushroom, tomato puree, worcester sauce, garlic, sweetner. Had this with spaghetti and salad of lettuce, cucumber, grated carrot, sweetcorn, orange pepper and 1 tbsp v. l. f. french dressing.

Syns-40g WM bread (would've been 20g but DD didn't eat most of her meatballs so I had them!!)-4 syns. 2 TBSP light salad cream-2 and a timeout for my supper-4.5. Total of 10.5. Weekly-32/60.

Hi hun i dont think u wlll have any problem with ur restart u r very organised and seem very motivated, i had to smile when i saw u had put too much sweetener in ur tomato sauce i made bolognese yesterday and done the same lol, have a good day tomorrow xx

Last edited:
Thanks Valerie. It must feel great to have got to target.
I'm always very motivated to start with-its long term where I struggle. I have lost a lot of weight (upwards of 3 stone) at least 3 times over the past 20 years and then reverted back into bad habits. More recently I have only managed to stick to 'diets'(-WW, SW and calorie counting) for a few weeks before everything goes haywire and now I sort of expect to go wrong and fall off the plan. I'm hoping that my 12 week pass will help me to keep on with it even if/when I do fall off the plan as I really really need to lose this weight once and for all.
Thanks for popping in again-I'll have a look for your diary tomorrow. Need to go to bed now as up at 5.30 tomorrow.(at least I can't eat whilst asleep!!)

Going to work in an hour. Plan for today is SW quiche and salad for dinner when I get home at 2 and shepherds pie and veg for tea. I was going to mix some cottage cheese in with my mash but I have so many syns left that I may have some LF cheese grated on instead. Will think about that later.

Hi hun i found getting to target the easy bit its staying there that i have a problem with lol. If ur on ur laptop u will c a link to my diary but dont think it shows up when on phone, hope ur day is going well xx

Gosh I can hardly keep my eyes open tonight.

Today-
HexA-375mls skimmed milk
HexB-WM roll.

B-milky coffee

D-SW quiche, salad, light salad cream.

T-Shepherds pie, peas, pickled red cabbage. Mullerlight.

Syns-salad cream-2, gravy granules-1, LF cheese (on sheps pie)-3.5.
Total-6.5. Weekly-38.5/75.

hi hun i stayed the same this week so am very grateful for that (phew) have given myself a :asskick:need to stop messing around and get back on plan properly. back to doing a diary i think. have a good day tomorrow xx

Hi Val!! Apart from my DD having chicken pox I've had a great day so far, how about you?

Today-
HexA-375mls skimmed milk.
HexB-2 small WM bread.

B-coffee, grapes, pineapple, slice of ham.

D-SW quiche, big salad, l.salad cream, hexB bread.

T-shepherds pie, cauliflower, peas, pickled red cabbage.

Syns-2 tbsp light salad cream-2, 1 chocolate-2, 1tsp gravy granules-1, and a timeout that I'm going to have as a treat shortly-4.5. A total of 9.5. Weekly total of 48/90. Perhaps I should be having a little more but I don't feel I need them and don't want to eat them for the sake of it.

Its my DD's birthday next week and she's requested spaghetti bolognese for tea which I can make just about syn free but as there will be 7 of us I'm going to make some 'full fat' carbonara, garlic bread and several puddings. I am already planning to have a little of what I fancy and lots of salad so I need to use as few syns as possible the rest of next week to make up for the birthday excesses so I might as well not rely on them this week.

Unfortunately I haven't done much exercise this week-will try and fit more in next week. Just been so busy and now having DD at home is really going to limit my time to get done what needs doing-migt take her for a walk on friday as I have the day off.

hi helen have i missed something has the milk allowance changed i've been having 350 ml gonna have to check in my new book now lol i have had a good day food wise have stuck to plan :D i don't know why i don't stay on plan all the time i feel so much better for it :rolleyes:
hope u have a good day tomorrow xx ps hope dd doesn't feel too bad with chicken pox xx

Hi Val, yes the new book says 375mls skimmed milk. I think some syns are different too to when I did online last year-light mayo is now 3 per tbsp and extra light is 1. Thats made quite a difference to me as I don't really like the EL.

At work today so breakfast is coffee, I simply can't eat this early. L at 2pm will be a cottage cheese and cucumber and grated carrot sandwich-I haven't time for a salad as I have a smear appointment at 2.40. Will try and have an apple on the way home from work to up my SF.
Plan for tea is sainsburys EL cumberland sausages at 0.5 syns each with something-possibly SW roasties and lots of veg.
Right, better get ready for work.

hi helen shows how observant i am lol i still didn't check it and still only had 350 ml today i didn't realise mayo had changed either i usually have the el but would have only counted 0.5 for it hee hee will have to take a proper look through it later. i didn't realise sainsburies el cumberland sausages were only 0.5 syns will have alook in my local shop not sure if they will have them as it's not a very big store.hope u have a good day tomorrow love val xx

Might as well have that extra 25mls of milk if we can!!

OK today:
Hex A-375mls skimmed milk
Hex B-2 small WM bread.

B-coffee

D-apple, sandwich of cottage cheese, slice of ham, grated carrot, cucumber-made and eaten in 10 minutes!!

T-3 sainsburys extra lean cumberland sausages, frylighted roast potatoes, mashed swede and carrot, cabbage, sprouts, onion gravy,2 tsp cranberry sauce.

Syns-sausages-1.5, gravy granules-1, cranberry sauce-2, timeout-4.5. Total of 9. Total for the week-57/105.
Hmmm perhaps I should've had more than half my available syns.
Looking forward to WI-my scales show at least 2 lbs off (they move so aren't realiable) and I'd be pleased with that and delighted with anything more.

ETA-a reminder to myself that my tea was lovely. I frylighted the sausages, added onion, pork stock cube and water and then a couple of tsps of gravy granules near the end. It went well with the cranberry sauce (apple sauce had gone off and crabapple jelly was hidden in the depths of the fridge).

Last edited:
Back