New diary-I'm going to class!!

Lost 4lbs which I'm very pleased with!

Had SW quiche and salad for lunch and tea will be similar to yesterdays. DD wants McD's happy meal from the drive through-I've told her if she behaves I'll take her. I'll just have to be strong and not get tempted. My pudding at teatime today will be 15.5 syns but I know that I'll be able to claw them back over the next couple of days.

Thanks Val, I am.

Ok today so far-going to do some synning shortly!!

Hex A-375mls skimmed milk
Hex B-2 small WM bread

B-coffee

D-SW quiche, big salad, bread, light salad cream.

T-4 sainsburys extra lean cumberland sausages, frylighted roast potatoes, mashed swede and carrot, cabbage, sprouts, leeks, onion gravy.

Syns-salad cream-2, sausages-2, gravy granules-2. 6 so far but yesterday I bought 2 waitrose profiterole desserts for DD who used to like them but this week doesn't. I'm not going to waste them so am having one when my tea has gone down and the other on sunday. They are 15.5 syns each but after my low syn week I think I should be able to accomodate them within my weekly total.
So todays syns will be 21.5/15.

Well so much for having one of the desserts-I had both-what a piggy!!!
Now normally this would put me off plan completely but because of the psychological reassurance of flexi syns I have no guilt this morning. I have decided to syn one so my syns so far for this week are 20.5, and I think its unlikely that I'll go over 90 syns for the week anyway so the other one will be eventually counted but I won't feel like I'm playing catchup all week. How great to have a 'naughty' treat and not have to feel guilty about it!

Todays plan-well lamb for tea. I got a reduced shoulder yesterday so I cooked it last night and took all the fat off, so I have a bowl of cooked lamb pieces in the fridge. I think I'll make some stew with carrots, onions and stock cubes and have it for tea with some mash. I had bought some chicken pieces (on offer for £2 in sainsburys at the mo) and jerk seasoning to make the one pot recipe in this months mag (minus the BNS as I don't like that at all), but it'll have to wait until later in the week. Pity as I was looking forward to it with some couscous.

Rough plan for the next few days is lamb stew today, veg curry (out of the freezer) with rice, tomorrow and monday after my late shifts, then the chicken on tuesday and wednesday and I'll think about thursday later.
I'm going to make a SW quiche today as well to do me for lunches for a few days.

Last edited:
Today;
Hex B-2 small WM bread.

B-coffee.

D-SW quiche, big salad-lettuce, grated carrot, cucumber, tomato, beetroot, onion, salad cream, bread.

T-lamb stew-lamb, onion, carrot, celery, stock cube, gravy granules. With mashed potato and peas and two basics yorkshire puddings. Melon to up the superfree.

Syns-salad cream-2, 1 tiny chocolate-1, gravy granules-2, 2x basics yorkshire puds-4. Total-9. Weekly 30.5/30.

Loads of stew left so I've added a tin of tomatoes and some curry powder and a tsp of curry paste to it and its simmering now for my late tea tomorrow.

Hi Val-I was too tired to post last night by the time I'd eaten it was 9pm!!

Anyhow yesterday;
Hex B-2 small WM bread.

B-coffee

L-SW quiche, big salad, salad cream, bread.

T-lamb curry inc. lots of superfree, rice, 0% greek yoghurt.

Syns-saladcream-2, gravy granules-2, curry paste-2. Total 6. Weekly-36.5/45.

Plan for today is about the same. I have some leftover mash so going to add onion and salad cream to that to have with my salad-will be a couple more syns for the salad cream. Will try and have some fruit for breakfast too.
Working this afternoon again and I have so much to get done this morning= no exercise again-at least work was pretty strenuous yesterday!!! I will get some exercise fitted in next week. I have a day off tomorrow but want to get DD's cake sorted to assemble later in the week-hopefully its going to be a castle.

Today has gone as planned-with 8 syns.
44.5/60 for the week. This means I'm just about even if I now include fridays second dessert.

Feeling a bit carp today, I have a uti (just been to collect antibiotics) and woke at 4am and couldn't get back to sleep so got up and did the ironing at 5.15!!

food;
Hexes as usual-bread and milk.

B-coffee

L-SW quiche with enormous salad including mashed potato, salad cream,bread.

T-a bit of the one pot chicken (minus the bns) with 1/4 portion of chip shop chips. I was going to have couscous but went past fish shop whilst out and DD asked for f&c for tea so got 1/2 portion of chips for us to share. Quite enjoyed them but what I had was enough.

Syns-salad cream-3.5, chips-6. Total 9.5. Weekly-54/75.

Feeling a bit better this morning.

Thanks Val and acc.
Feel a bit better this evening but work was hard today and I'm not really looking forward to tomorrow-still when I finish I'm not back until next wednesday. However I need to assemble DD's castle cake and finish it off which will take hours, shop, make bolognese sauce, clean, trim the house for DD's birthday etc so I think it'll be a very late night tomorrow.

Anyhow today-not done too well on the SF for the first time but don't want t eat anything now as going to bed in a few minutes as up at 5.30.

Hex A-375mls skimmed milk.
Dex B- 2 small WM bread.

B-coffee.
L-cottage cheese, ham and cucumber sandwich-very quickly as only home from work 20 minutes before I had to go to school for a meeting.
T-chicken, jerk seasoning, frylight, onion, courgette, peppers, garlic, 1/2 pack flavoured couscous, 0% greek yoghurt.

Syns-couscous-0.5. Trimmings of cake-think 6 should cover it. Total 6.5 Weekly-60.5/90.

Hi, yes I'm fine now-just really busy with DD's birthday-up at 5 am to try and get cake sorted.
Bad day food wise yesterday and its WI this morning-hope it doesn't affect my result too much.
I had 4 toffees, about 8 tiny chocs, 2/3 pepperoni pizza, butter and a bit of normal cheese on my jacket potatoes-oh dear!!!!

Good lord I'm shattered!!!

Lost 3.5lbs this week-think the pizza and all todays naughties will show on next week. I didn't have time to eat today (apart from licking the beaters for the cream) until teatime. I've then had resonably lean spag bol, full fat HM carbonara with cream and cheese, garlic bread, meringue, sweetened cream, strawberries and lots of salad.
I'm back on plan 100% tomorrow. Will be going to mums after DD's party for my lunch of ham salad that I've just sent home with her and then roast pork and frylighted veg at teatime after a walk in the afternoon, weather permitting.
Can't really believe that I've lost 7.5lbs in 2 weeks-I'm so surprised!!!

Oooh I've had a good sleep and have woken in a great mood.
I'm going to aim for a loss of 1lb this week after my excesses of the past few days. I think that is realistic. I'm going to try not to use more than 10 syns a day to try and make up for it a little.
Really pleased that just about all of the fattening stuff went home with my mum yesterday so I can't be tempted by it. Just hope I can get back on plan today-looking forward to it!!

hjanea said:
Good lord I'm shattered!!!

Lost 3.5lbs this week-think the pizza and all todays naughties will show on next week. I didn't have time to eat today (apart from licking the beaters for the cream) until teatime. I've then had resonably lean spag bol, full fat HM carbonara with cream and cheese, garlic bread, meringue, sweetened cream, strawberries and lots of salad.
I'm back on plan 100% tomorrow. Will be going to mums after DD's party for my lunch of ham salad that I've just sent home with her and then roast pork and frylighted veg at teatime after a walk in the afternoon, weather permitting.
Can't really believe that I've lost 7.5lbs in 2 weeks-I'm so surprised!!!

Hi helen well done another great loss x that pudding was high in syns was it worth if lol hope u have a good weekend love val xx

Had a great day today-DD's party wasn't too stressful and had a lovely tea at mums.

Hex A-375 mls skimmed milk
Hex B-2 small WM bread.

B-coffee.
L-ham, salad, bread, salad cream.
S-apple.
T-pork, frylighted potatoes, carrots, parsnips, broccoli,sprouts, leeks, gravy, 10g crackling.
Syns-salad cream-2, gravy-4, crackling-3=9.
Exercise-50 minute muddy walk.

I've managed to acurately syn yesterday. I may have slightly over estimated measurements but I'm pleased that I've done it.
Single cream-6
cheese-10
double cream-6
sugar-3.5
garlic bread-15
meringue-4.5
ragu-2

A grand total of 47. I'm pretty chuffed with that. I've had 9 today so thats 56.
It means I have 49 left-around 10 a day. Thats definately doable.

Back