New diary-I'm going to class!!

I finally started the work I need to do and will need to do around 3 hours an evening to get it completed-well the first part before I go back to work next friday and I'll also get a good start made on the 2nd part. Feel a bit better now its underway-though for some reason I decided it would go better if I ate mini doughnuts whilst I was doing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I am going to class this morning and facing the scales. I'll get on mine once I'm dressed and just see how much I've put on -loads I think-how embarrassing thats going to be. Never mind if I don't face it I wont continue so I have to do it.
My food plan for today is ham salad for dinner and something with mince for tea. I think I'll do a nice savoury mince with veg and some jersey royals I got reduced as DD is out at a friends and I'll do some bolognese with the rest of the mince for tomorrow-that'll please her. Mums for roasted tea on sunday and shepherds pie on monday. That'll do for the moment and should give me a good start.

I gained 4.5lbs-could've been worse!!! I feel really good that I went and faced it and I feel totally in control again-just hope it lasts. I've done loads of moving and taking to tip of large heavy stones today and I'm shattered but hope its burned off some fat. Food so far has gone fine-I'll update that a bit later.

hjanea said:
Thankyou Val-problem now is I'm thinkng that I've been so bad I might as well just enjoy my meal and have what I really want and start again tomorrow-I'm really dreading those scales!!!

Hi Helen I was really bad last night came out if nowhere have drawn the line and have got back on it today. I am away for a week from tomorrow eek but am hoping I will be in control, have a great weekend xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hjanea said:
I gained 4.5lbs-could've been worse!!! I feel really good that I went and faced it and I feel totally in control again-just hope it lasts. I've done loads of moving and taking to tip of large heavy stones today and I'm shattered but hope its burned off some fat. Food so far has gone fine-I'll update that a bit later.

Glad u went and faced it that 's it out the way now draw ur line and start afresh good luck. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Okay new start- friday 4th may.
Hex A 375mls skimmed milk.
Hex B-2 small WM bread.

B-coffee.
D-ham, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, grated carrot, onion, beetroot, salad cream, bread. Green tea.
T-EL mince, onion, mushroom, grated carrot, grated courgette, stock cube, gravy granules, 6 small jersey royals, cauliflower, carrot, leeks.
Snacks- so far-activia FF mandarin yogurt.
Syns-salad cream-2, gravy granules-2. 4 so far but I'm hungry. I have some eggs boiling and someone suggested mixing tuna with FF cottage cheese and having with celery sticks so I'm thinking that would be a good snack in a little while and be synfree. I have some flakes in the cupboard but will have to look up the syns-they seem much smaller than they used to be but I bet they cost a lot!!!

ETA-they are 7 when out of a multipack so thats not too bad for a really proper chocy treat.

Exercise- lugging lots of rocks to the car and then to the tip-tried to throw all but the very very heavy ones into the skip to use more calories-my mum thought I'd flipped my lid!!!!

ETA again-I had 2 small hard boiled eggs and a flake. So syns for the day 11/15.

Last edited:
Saturday 5th May.
Hex A- 375mls skimmed milk.
Hex B- 2 small WM bread.

B- coffee, banana.
D- ham, lettuce, tomatoes, grated carrot, cucumber, onion, beetroot,4 small jersy royals, salad cream, bread.
T- EL mince (with onions, mushroom, grated carrot, courgette, stock cube, gravy granules) made into shepherds pie with mashed potato and cottage cheese. Peas, carrots, leeks, cauliflower, cabbage. My SF took over half the plate and I had to put the cabbage on a side plate!!
Syns so far-salad cream-2, gravy granules-2 = 4 so far. I'm planning another flake later so that'll be 7, so 11 altogether. Weekly 22/30.
Plan for evening snacks-FF yogurt, boiled egg, celery with cottage cheese, flake. That should be plenty.

ETA- had the yogurt and the flake for supper.

Last edited:
I've just counted up and its 31 WIs until my birthday. If I can average 1.5 lbs a week I can make it to target by then. I was averaging that prior to my recent collapse into chaos and that was when I was being a bit naughty now and again so it is certainly achievable if I keep myself focused on the plan.

Hi Roziee!!

Sunday 6th may.
Hex A-375mls skimmed milk.
Hex B-2 small wm bread.

B-coffee.
D-ham, lettuce, boiled egg, tomatoes, cucumber, grated carrot, 4 v. small new potatoes, beetroot, onion, salad cream, bread.
T-roast pork, frylighted roast potatoes, carrots, parsnips, leeks, cauliflower, brocoli, gravy, 6g crackiling, 1 tsp crab apple jelly.
Syns- salad cream-2, stuff at mums-7 max. So total was 9 until everything went badly wrong. To stop me going off plan I'm going to have my excesses as flexi syns but I'll confess them-choc chip muffin-25, 2 bags crisps-?14, 2 flakes-14. A grand total of 53-whoops!!!

Anyhow-planned syns-9 so 31/45 (I might be able to claw back some of last nights over the next few days but I'm not going to cut down so that I can).

Not sure about lunch today-plan is to go out with some friends-weather is ok so far but going to rain by lunchtime, so we'll either be picnic (salad for me then) or out somewhere. I'm going to text my friend in a few mins and we'll make a decision. Tea is spaghetti bolognese-no syns!!!

Well after a pretty bad week-lots of chocolate, coronation chciken (not the low fat version!!), a big french stick-need I go on???? I have lost 2lbs-shows just what a pig I was last week!!

I couldn't stay to meeting today as I have work at lunchtime. But I think if I stick to it I could lose a good amount this week.

The next 3 days meals are planned and some parts already prepared and I'll have a think about monday and tuesdays later today-they are difficult for teas as DD has after school things on until teatime but the other side of some horrendous roadworks to us so we'll be late home. Possibly some meatballs (I think I have mince in the freezer-otherwise I'll get some tomorrow) with spaghetti one day and rice the other. That'll do and hopefully DD'll eat it!!! Wednesday can be spicy veg burgers from the SW website with wedges and salad and I'll think about thursday later!! Better write this somewhere in the kitchen so I can follow it!!

Oh I have an appointment with my assisted conception consultant on 6th june and I'd really like my BMI to be under 30 for that which I think/hope is 12st 5. So 7.5lbs to lose in the next 3 1/5 weeks-I'll do that if and thats a massive IF I stick to it!!!

Friday 11th may.

Hex B- 2 small WM bread.

B-coffee.
D-ham, 4 small new potatoes, lettuce, grated carrot, tomato, cucumber, onion, beetroot, salad cream, bread.
Supper (9pm) chicken, 1/2 sachet waitrose couscous, mushy pea curry-onion, mushroom, carrot, courgette, celery, tinned tomatoes, tomato puree, mushy peas, ginger, garlic, curry powder, cumin seeds.
Syns-salad cream-2, couscous-0.5. Timeout-4.5. Total of 7/15.

Ooo I'm a bit hungry this morning- having my milky coffee now and then I think I'll have a FF activia and some fruit. Its lovely here this morning and I want to get outside to get some jobs done-moving stuff from the garage to the new shed and clearing where the new patio is going to be.
I'm planning my usual salad for dinner and tea is to be roast chicken, frylighted potatoes and lots of veg at mums.

Hip hip hip hooray!!!!

Saturday 12th may.

Hex B- 2 small WM bread.

B- coffee, banana, blueberries, grapes.
D- ham, new potatoes, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, grated carrot, beetroot, onion, salad cream, bread.
T-chicken, roast potatoes, leeks, parsnips, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, gravy, crab apple jelly, 2 yorkshire puddings.
Syns- salad cream-2, gravy-5, yorkshires-5, 1/4 of DD's double decker that she didn't want-3.5!!!! Total-15.5. Weekly-22.5/30.

I'm going to start eating your salads for lunch.

Different meats and fish with potatoes and salad. I'd like my potatoes warm but that's not difficult at work to warm up. Get some fat free vinaigrette and jobs a goodun!

Salmon salad one day, chicken the other, tuna the third... Lamb and beef? Probably not but that's salads 3 days a week which will be good. I'm gonna put some salad potatoes in my Asda shop right now!

monday 14th may- a sucess express day (hopefully)

Hex B (1)- 2 small WM bread, (2)-1 alpen light, 1 small WM bread.
B- coffee
mid am-green tea,alpen light, grapes, blueberries.
D- ham, new potatoes, lettuce, grated carrot, tomato, cucumber, onion, beetroot, salad cream, bread.
T- meatballs (el mince, onion, yellow pepper, 1/2 slice WM bread), sauce (passata, tomato puree, onions, mushroom, sweetner, salt, worcester sauce), spaghetti, salad (lettuce, red onion, yellow pepper, celery).

syns- salad cream-2.

I feel quite happy that my meals have been 2/3 sf today so I think I've followed the SE properly.

Back