New diary-I'm going to class!!

Thankyou Rozie!! I got the sweet chilli ones and they were lovely with my houmous and vegetables. Just got back and I'm feeling a bit peckish so I'm going to have a banana because tea at mums is going to be at 5.30. Probably walked a couple of miles today too. Just need to resist the pork crackling at mums-well I can have a tiny bit and syn it but I can't have much!!

Saturday 9th june.

Hex A- 375 mls skimmed milk.
Hex B-bqg sweet chilli ryvita minis (YUMMY!!!)

B- coffee.
D- homemade red pepper houmous with 2 carrots, 2 celery sticks, 1/4 green pepper, tomato, grapes. Green tea with aded lemon juice.
S- apple.
T- roast pork,frylighted potatoes, carrots, parsnips, leeks, brocoli, cauliflower, gravy, crab apple jelly, 14g crackling. Strawberries.

Syns- houmous (tahini)-1, gravy and crab apple jelly-4, crackling-5, timeout for supper-not had it yet- 4.5. Total-14.5. Weekly- 16.5/30.

Yey I've stuck to plan for 2 whole days!!

Its 26 weeks to my birthday and I have 44lbs to lose. If I keep to plan around 95% of the time this should be achievable. I need to try and average 2lbs a week and I'll easily do it.

Well done Helen!!!

That's a great goal! Of course you can do it!!!!

As long as you're eating lots of SF like you do I know you'll achieve your goal x

Thanks honey!! I even persuaded myself to have EL mayo with my dinner and it was ok- I normally mix it with light but my food was tasty enough to not need it!!

Yeah I noticed that when I started to make sw chips with oxo sprinkled over them I didn't need gravy or other sauces because the food was already so flavourful! Just need to learn to make these adjustments x

I'm really hungry this afternoon- just had a banana and a mug of green tea and having an alpen light now!!

I know that feeling! Thankfully I'm ok today. Just munching on some fruit like you.. Think the lemons will have even my saviour if I have a decent loss tomorrow. 3 days on not on plan this week :eek: we'll 2 and a meals worth lol

Rozie everything crossed for you on those scales tomorrow!!
Thanks Val!!

Sunday 10th June.

Hex A- 375mls skimmed milk.
Hex B- 1 alpen light-not sure what else may have another or perhaps a slice of toast later-will see how my evening goes.

B- coffee, slice of ham, FF activia peach yogurt, grapes.
D-waitrose lemon and herb chicken pieces, couscous with lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, herbs, onion, mushroom, courgette and pepper (wasn't very nice!!) lettuce, tomato, cucumber, carrot, celery, EL mayo.
S-banana, green tea and lemon juice, alpen light.
T-EL mince made into burgers , onion, mushrooms, 2 large tomatoes, Sw wedges,lettuce, carrot, celery, orange pepper, sweetcorn, EL mayo.
Supper-activia ff pineapple yogurt, alpen light, timeout, green tea.
Syns- peach yogurt-0.5,chicken-1, EL mayo-1.5, timeout-4.5. Total-7. Weekly-23.5/45.

Last edited:
Had a sneaky peak on my scales this morning and I'm lots less than on friday-if I keep this up I will hopefully have lost all last weeks piggyness in one week.

We are going out with some friends today- the kids have a training day, so I'm planning to take the same lunch as saturday- the houmous, ryvita minis and lots of veg sticks with fruit for pudding. Problem is the garden we are going to has a Betty's kiosk-I MUST RESIST THE NAUGHTY THINGS!!!!
Tea is shepherds pie with veg included and lots of extra veg.

Just one DD who is 7. I've been trying to have more with a sperm donor and then donor embryos for years now. I'm quite happy on my own (though if I met the right man that'd be great!!) but really want another child- however I'm 43 so the chances of having one thats biologically mine are very very slim now- hence the donor embryos. But I really want my BMI to be as near to healthy before I try again. It'll be my 4th attempt and its expensive so this'll probably be my last try so I want to make sure I have the best chance possible. It is good being able to get into clothes I haven't been able to wear for years too!!

Last edited:
Monday 11th June.

Hex A- 375mls skimmed milk.
Hex B- sweet chilli mini ryvitas.

B-coffee, apple.
D-HM houmous, carrot, celery and orange pepper sticks, tomato, mini ryvitas, grapes, green tea.
T-Shepherds pie (dollop that I'd frozen-wasn't much potato in it) with carrots, leeks and cauliflower. FF mango activia yogurt, green tea.
Syns- houmous-1, gravy granules-1, going to have a timeout later-4.5. Total 6.5. Weekly-30/60.

hjanea said:
Just one DD who is 7. I've been trying to have more with a sperm donor and then donor embryos for years now. I'm quite happy on my own (though if I met the right man that'd be great!!) but really want another child- however I'm 43 so the chances of having one thats biologically mine are very very slim now- hence the donor embryos. But I really want my BMI to be as near to healthy before I try again. It'll be my 4th attempt and its expensive so this'll probably be my last try so I want to make sure I have the best chance possible. It is good being able to get into clothes I haven't been able to wear for years too!!

Yeah you should create the best environment for the eggs to be fertilised in and if it's expensive then like you said you should get yourself the best shot at this.

How much more do you want to lose Helen? :)

Aww bet it feels great being in clothes u haven't been able to wear!

It does. I'd like to get to 9 -10 and at WI last week I was 12-12, but was 12-7.5 the week before and hopefully will be again this week!! I was 14.5 when I started class in january and had been down by around a stone last summer, but was 15-6 around 2 years ago.It seems such a long way but I feel like this is for good (with the odd few days off here and there!!) and I'm in it for the long haul. I don't want a quick fix as I want to lose it once and for all and I feel like I can do this-that it becomes a way of life rather than a diet. I enjoyed the 'piggy' food I had last week but not as much as I thought I would and TBH it wasn't as tasty as a lot of the SW food that I enjoy. So I'm back on plan with a vengence though may have more time off in a few weeks. We went past the chinese on the way home from tennis (DD has lessons) at teatime and DD said she wanted a chinese. I said no way at the moment but once I'm in the 11's we will so long as its after WI so I have a week to claw back the naughtiness!!! I'm setting myself small goals-though I've been trying to lose the same 7lbs for 2 months now-but I'll get there and so will you Rozie. Its so good to feel you have a little more energy nad are a bit less breathless than you were and I love it when people say that they can see that I've lost weight. I can't really see it though some of my trousers would fit my DD in them as well as me now-which is actually quite annoying as I'm having to hold them up with belts!!
I have lost over 3 stone several times before -mainly with calorie counting but have then gradually put it back on-I'm an emotional and boredom eater and I don't like being restricted but I feel that SW is about making sensible choices and thats why its working for me at the moment. This point of veiw will change at some point and I'll think 'blow it' but so long as I come back to it I know that I should be able to get pretty near to my target.
Gosh- what a lot of waffle!!! I'll have to remember to come back to this page when I'm having an off day!!!

hjanea said:
It does. I'd like to get to 9 -10 and at WI last week I was 12-12, but was 12-7.5 the week before and hopefully will be again this week!! I was 14.5 when I started class in january and had been down by around a stone last summer, but was 15-6 around 2 years ago.It seems such a long way but I feel like this is for good (with the odd few days off here and there!!) and I'm in it for the long haul. I don't want a quick fix as I want to lose it once and for all and I feel like I can do this-that it becomes a way of life rather than a diet. I enjoyed the 'piggy' food I had last week but not as much as I thought I would and TBH it wasn't as tasty as a lot of the SW food that I enjoy. So I'm back on plan with a vengence though may have more time off in a few weeks. We went past the chinese on the way home from tennis (DD has lessons) at teatime and DD said she wanted a chinese. I said no way at the moment but once I'm in the 11's we will so long as its after WI so I have a week to claw back the naughtiness!!! I'm setting myself small goals-though I've been trying to lose the same 7lbs for 2 months now-but I'll get there and so will you Rozie. Its so good to feel you have a little more energy nad are a bit less breathless than you were and I love it when people say that they can see that I've lost weight. I can't really see it though some of my trousers would fit my DD in them as well as me now-which is actually quite annoying as I'm having to hold them up with belts!!
I have lost over 3 stone several times before -mainly with calorie counting but have then gradually put it back on-I'm an emotional and boredom eater and I don't like being restricted but I feel that SW is about making sensible choices and thats why its working for me at the moment. This point of veiw will change at some point and I'll think 'blow it' but so long as I come back to it I know that I should be able to get pretty near to my target.
Gosh- what a lot of waffle!!! I'll have to remember to come back to this page when I'm having an off day!!!

Excellent post Helen :) and yes you should come back when you're feeling down! I'll remind you when you're feeling that way :)

You're right- sw really is about a change of attitude towards food. When mum etc were over the jubilee weekend I had a slice of pizza, lots and m&m's and other naughtiness but I always have sw in the back of my mind and I don't enjoy the heaviness of the fatty meals I've eaten when off plan! I made them lasagne with full fat everything and I didn't enjoy it! So heavy and just too much for my tummy now!

I can't wait to get to the four stone mark! You will do this :) if you want babies as much as I do then you'll get there Helen x

Thanks Rozie!!

The scales are still looking good. If I can just do 3 more good days then last weeks gain should be gone.

Back