New Exante Diet Person is in town!!

Lynn_

On A Mission!
One quick moan about Exante already though (aside from the one about the dodgy grammar). The soups and shakes refuse to blend into the water properly unless you use an electric blender. This is very hard at work and would draw too much attention. You can shake the f------g things for twenty minutes in one of those beakers with a lid and they still don't fully dissolve. It p----s me off to be quite honest. <sigh>

Enough. So here goes. Week 1, 21.7.

Hi Glyn!
Congrats on getting started with Exante! and great positive attitude too.

I saw you were having problems with mixing the shakes. I bought a proper shaker from Boots, from the Tony Ferguson cabinet, for £2.49 i think, or might have been £2.99. Anyway, it has a little seperator in the lid that helps to break down the powder into the water. Also, when I mix it I use 300ml water (the container has markings on the side) then slowly pour the powder in whisking with a fork as i go, then put the lid and give it a good shake, seems to iron out all the lumps and bumps.

Good luck with it!

Good Luck - I used a shaker with a mesh inside the lid and that helps get the lumps out, and I used twice the water recommended which also helps it mix. Soups, always used my hand blender as it explodes in a shaker!
I know what you mean about the 2 weeks and disappear.......the number of folks that arrived and left in the time I was doing Exante was both incredible and disheartening at times, you look forward to having company during your time on the diet and you get to know people (or think you do) only for them to go and never return. I hope you keep to your promise and hit your targets.

Yes, the grammar and errors don't give much confidence but the product does work as long as you stick to it.

If you think 21 stone at over 6' is a problem, try over 17 stone at under 5' - but Exante worked for me and I now wear childrens clothes! Get your head in the right place (although it already sounds like you have) and you can do it.
Bren xx

Lol Glyn, I'll have to bear in mind that you're a bit on the pedantic side when posting in your diary. ;)

Welcome and good luck. Nice to have you join us.

Hi Glyn and welcome. I don't use any kind of blender for the soups, just put the powder in a large mug and then just add the water gradually stirring at the same time, can't do the same with the shakes though!

could you avoid having to make packs up at work? i dont have facilities to make anything up daytime so on those days i have a shake before leaving, bar at lunch then another shake in the evening (BLERGH SOUP!!) :) anyway welcome to exante and best of luck!

Welcome to Exante. Good luck on your journey. Your Christmas target is very similar to mine, infact so is your final target, lets hope we make it :)

Heehee, welcome along to the Exante boards Glyn, I hope I am one of the ones thats stays longer than 2 weeks ;).

i also use one of those shakes with a seperater inside i got it from one of those people that sell protein shakes on ebay.and with the soups i mix it with warm water first then pour it in a bowl and add hot water that way the lumps are gone and it doesnt explode in your hand. i just cant be doing with the blender each time and washing it up. good luck with exante and being 100%.

i lost 5lb in my second week and im sure some people have lost 7lb so i definately think you will do it. good luck

Got to say Glyn that I love your posts - it's like Jackanory all over again ;)

I think there's a very good chance that you could lose 7lbs in your second week, I know I've lost 6lbs in my second week before now and sadly you men always get much better losses than us girls.

I also don't tell anyone I'm doing this diet, the only ones who know are my hubby and kids, the people I work with don't notice as I usually go without lunch (I use my 3 packs in the evening), however I've quite often gone without lunch in the past so it's not that big a difference.

Good luck with it and here's hoping you'll be in the 19's next week.

I don't know if it's me you were talking about with the pizza but me and my OH are always teasing each other about getting one, in the first week we got very close to ordering. :< It would have been chicken and sweetcorn/mushroom for me and probably a meat feast for him (without the chicken - weirdo) ^.^

I have to agree with Katie, I love your posts too, so much that I read them to my OH.

I don't know if this helps but in the first week my partner lost 15lb second week he lost 7lb though he is heavier than you, he started at 26st 1lb. However he is probably a lot less active than you, so I'd say you can do it xx

i try not to weigh everyday but it is so tempting that i ususally just do it but il only get on once. ive gone up half a pound since my monday's weigh in and have been stuck on that for 2 days which is quite depressing even though i know your weight is suppose to fluctuate from day to day so will just keep hoping they drop soon.

Hello Glyn,
Good luck to you! I have started Exante today and have just about 3 stone to lose which may not seem that much but just remember that men lose weight much faster and also the bigger you are the faster it will go!
I didn't mind the packaging aspect but I do like the fact that the food packs are more natural than similar VLCD and that they are not full of additives/
I am sure you will do it you sound very determined.

I'm so jealous of men, as you just seem to lose so much quicker than women. Its not fair!!

Also, (I am guessing) you don't have the hormonal urges that us women have. Like, when its that time of the month and we just have to have chocolate or we will die?

I really admire you for taking a stand so early on and saying you will stick to it absolutely. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one. I know that I personally couldn't do it (hormonal urges for one thing!!!). Also a boredom thing. Last time I did it, it was for 4 weeks, but I only lasted 3 weeks before I started substituting cheese for my evening pack. Yes, cheese. I could live off cheese, I love it even more than chocolate. And its all protein, no carbs, so I thought I'd be safe. Sadly I was dilluding myself, as I knew deep down all along.

This time I also intend to do it for 4 weeks again. Will see how I go on that one! Of course, if I can leave my cheese obsession behind, I may do so well I order another 4 week supply. However, am taking it one day at a time at the moment (first weigh in is tomorrow!).

Glyn you are the funniest person here lol, you make dieting actually quite fun! I demand that you post everyday as we need a boost from your humour.

Oh....that person on the scales, were you spying on me in my bathroom by any chance? ..............:)

Oh by the way, i meant to mention to you to get some ketostix while you are in Boots buying a shaker. I cant wait to see your response to their hypocrital stance on dieters who dare want to test for ketones lol, especially as they sell vlcd's themselves.

In fact, can you let us know when you are going, we all want to be there to witness it lol!!!:8855:

Well here's how much my scales hate me; 'official' weigh in day for me is Monday morning (not to be mixed up with all other morning's weigh in's which are just to make me feel better and add substance to my highly detailed Excel sheet).

So last Sunday I get on the scales and it's 18st 6.75lb so I've a really good loss due then for Monday, looking at at least a 3.25lb loss as I was 18st 10lb last Monday. Monday morning I get up all excited with anticipation, get on the scales and yep what do I see but 18st 8lb - yep in 1 day I'd supposedly gained 1.25lbs, erm I don't think so. Anyway I'm good so I just grimace and get on with it - then get up Tuesday morning only to see 18st 5.75lbs!!!! So supposedly in a day (though sadly not 'official' weigh day) I'd lost 2.25lbs ---- I'll never believe that my scales don't hate me!

Roll on next Monday, they'll probably show 19st 6lbs ;)

Ketostix - you pee on them and if you're in ketosis they go pink. Generally if it goes dark pink then you're not drinking enough water.

To be honest I never bother with them, I just go on the fact that if I'm sticking to the diet and I'm not feeling completely ravenous then I'm in ketosis - I was supposed to use them when I first did Lighter Life as the counsellor supplied them but even after a couple of weeks there I never bothered.

I think they would come in handy if you were eating a meal as part of the diet as then there's more chance that you may come out of ketosis eating certain foods so I may get some then but in the meantime I'll keep my money for more interesting things ....... damn and I hate cherry flavoured anything!

Back