New Exante Meal Packs - Anyone tried them?

Just wondered if any of you had tried the new meal packs think they are chilli, sheperds pie and spag bol? Personally not keen on the carbonara but wondered if these might be worth a shot?

Just had a spag Bol, very nice! Would add a bit more water and doesn't need 4 mins in the microwave. Yum!

I'm waiting on mine to arrive. I bought the mixed pack. I've heard bad things about the carbonara so I'm keeping my expectations low for that. I read on the main part of the exante forum that the chilli was very nice, but there hasn't been much said on it or any of the new ones yet. I'll post my thoughts once they arrive, but that probably won't be until next week.

If you use less water in the carbonara and micro it in 1 min 1 min then 30 secs its actually edible

I ordered the mixed pack and it arrived this morning. I tried out the shepherds pie tonight and I loved it!!! I think I may try mixing it with a tad more water next time as it seemed quite thick. I have had the carbonara in the past and am a fan. I tend to add hot water to it, leave it for five minutes to soften the pasta, then nuke it for 2 minutes in the microwave, turns out just how I like it.
Looking forward to trying the remaining flavours over the next few days.

Just orders a couple of sachets of each new one, will report when I've tried them...

Thanks for your feedback everyone - next time I place an order I might try a couple of them!

I tried the spag bol one today. Getting the right water volume and microwave time will take some trial and error for me. It ended up way too liquid-y and basically nothing like a real spag bol! Looked pretty unappealing, I must say, but it tasted fine though. Does anyone have any thoughts on the perfect recipe to make good spag bol?

Omg..... Had to leave about two mouthfuls at the end I was Gipping! I don't know whether I had the consistency right, it was a very strong flavour.... Kind of livery?

Just got my new ones. Having the spag bol now. Used bit more water than they said. Great texture, smells lovely, Very nice, if had any criticism its that its a bit herby for my liking.

I've just bought the mixed pack of meals, I personally like the carbonara. Tried the spag Bol tonight there was more quantity and I enjoyed it for what it was (obviously not the real thing) I just feel like I'm eating food as normal so it does help.
Going to try shepherds pie tomorrow as the family are having a real one.

How much water and how long in the microwave are you doing? I must be doing something wrong! I'm following the instructions on the packet. I'm about to try the chilli..... Any tips x

I use about 50-100mls more water. I use more water with all the sachets. Microwave for about a minute, stirring every now and then to stop it bubbling over! I know some people just don't like the taste or texture, I'm guess I'm just lucky I quite like it soupy and gloopy!

Back