new flavours

SiobhanMT

Does anyone know if slim and save are looking into new flavours? I was just reading on the lighterlife forum they have carbonara which sounds amazing. If they can make it surely other companies can too? I'm on cambridge at the mo with the odd slim and save meal but thinking of switching although I would miss my counseller and the tetras

Rob always looks at sourcing new products as far as I'm aware, and S&S currently provides one of the biggest ranges of different foodpacks in terms of variety. Whether or not he can offer new products though will depend on whether the factories he deals with can manufacture them.

Not me Siobhan, I'm brand new to it - am trying a sample pack on the weekend and then hoping to start properly on Thursday next week.

I've been doing Atkins on and off for ages, but it's not working for me - which is all to do with me and not the diet :D

I checked the stats on Lighter Life and they have five meals there (couldn't see the carbonara), which started at about 135cals per serve of the chicken casserole, up to about 280 cals - so perhaps getting a bit high for a VLCD?

But if you're craving variety, I guess that's not quite so important. They are a lot more £ than S&S - £3.99 each.

Yes, I've done S&S from the start. Every pound lost is a S&S pound :)

SiobhanMT said:
Does anyone know if slim and save are looking into new flavours? I was just reading on the lighterlife forum they have carbonara which sounds amazing. If they can make it surely other companies can too? I'm on cambridge at the mo with the odd slim and save meal but thinking of switching although I would miss my counseller and the tetras

I'm thinking if switching from Cambridge too as can't deal with losing 7 stone just on choc mint bars & tetras. Think the meals would make it much more doable.

Hi

No complaints from me so far plenty of variety to keep me interested.

That was my thinking exactly Annie, I have more than that to lose and knew there would be a point where I'd have to have one more banana milkshake for dinner but would probably throw it at the wall instead :D

I did it on Cambridge before on 2 flavours but less to lose & was dealing with uni exams etc so too busy to care. But different this time & as I don't have a sweet tooth it's an ordeal.

im just feeling abit nervous about no official weigh in each week but having to by 3-4 cambridge products a day and then topping it up with meals is quite expensive. I typically have 2 cambridge shakes and one s and s meal each day

Are the meals nice? Maybe have an official weigh in same time same day weekly at Boots, or do it at home & post on here. I have 4 a day as I'm tall so S&S would help a lot cash wise.

i love the slim and save meals, was pleasantly surprised. This im going to put one more order in with slim and save and when thats gone switch over completelty although dont know what to tell my cdc when I do!

It depends on whether you think your CDC adds the extra value I guess. Having to travel somewhere for WI and talking to someone about the diet isn't for me so it was one of the main drivers for me choosing the S&S route. I have no problem with doing my own WI and recording it on here. I think this forum keeps you straight :). If you don't want to WI yourself can't you get a friend or someone to be the person who records it?

CDCs must have people drop out all the time for various reasons. Just tell her you're going to follow WW or something to lose the rest of the weight if you don't want to say you're moving to a different VLCD. Or tell her you're pregnant because you're not allowed to do a VLCD then :D

lol shes a midwife so i might not get away with that one. My boyfriend is doing a good job of keeping me on the straight and narrow so I suppose I could do it on my own. Thanks for the advice x

Hi all

I'm also moving over from Cambridge too. I first did Cambridge about 4 years ago and lost 4 stones with it. I really didn't mind the products at that time as my weight was shifting fast and to be honest I would have eaten anything to get the weight off at that time. Since then I have put about half of it back on and then gone back on to Cambridge to shift it, no problems. But post Christmas when my pesky 2 stone was back again I tried to get back onto the Cambridge but honestly the soups and shakes were making me gip - I couldn't face them any longer. Because of this I was nibbling a bit of cheese here a biscuit there and although the weight was going of it was so slow, like 1lb a week or staying the same. I happened to stumble upon S & S from a forum posting and ordered myself some sample meals. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Ordered my 2 week supply and I'm so loving it. My favourite meal is the Shepherds Pie - or is it Cottage Pie I cant remember. I know most people on here don't like it but I just love it just as it comes. I love the bars. Smaller than Cambridge but oh so much nicer and I even think the chocolate shakes taste more like chocolate than Cambridge. So I'm a happy bunny. Just part way through my first full week on S & S and absolutely not one cheat. I do tend to nibble a little when my husband is away as he was this week, but I am proud to say that not one thing that shouldn't has passed my lips. I feel so chuffed with myself :). I jumped on the scales this morning and 3lbs off since Monday. Hopefully by Monday when I do my "official" weigh in it will be another 1lb off!

I will also miss my CDC as she has become a good friend to me since I started the Cambridge Diet a few years ago but even if the products were identical (which they are quite clearly not), the cost alone would make me continue with S & S. I plan to have an "official" weigh in every Monday morning when I get up and record it in my diary. It's the same as the CDC would do and if you think about it, although she supports you, if you go and you've put a couple of pounds on it doesn't really change her life so the way I see it is make yourself your Counsellor. If I get on the scales on my weigh in day and I've put weight on I'm going to be a hell of a lot more disappointed with myself than she would ever have been.

Looking forward to chatting with you guys as we go forward on our journies :)

Jan x

Hi Jan

Lovely to hear your story - you sound absolutely focused, that's so great :) I'm lurking here for the moment, waiting for my samples to arrive and will start properly next week

Susie

Hi Jan, your story is much like mine to be honest. I did LT a few years ago and was so desperate to shift the weight like you I would have eaten dust to do so. I survived for 4 months on choc shakes as that's all I could stomach and lost 5 stone, everything else (not that there was much!) made me retch. I then managed to shift another 2 stone through healthy eating but over the years the weight went back on again. I knew that I couldn't stomach a shake only journey again so I avoided doing another VLCD (and I'm crap at other diets) until now. Stumbled across S&S by accident almost and ordered a week's worth. With the meals, bars etc. and the veg I haven't looked back. There is plenty of variety for me and I've been on it for 6 months now and am still ok with it.

I totally get what you mean about it meaning that you are your own counsellor, and I find that all the motivation I have to do this comes from within. No one can help me with that because that's just the way I am I think. Welcome to S&S and I hope you enjoy the ride :)

Back