New food discoveries

Are there any pork, chicken or beef dishes in sauce at Iceland :) ? As am allergic to lamb :(

Iceland Chicken Fillets filled with Broccolli & Cheese & Wrapped in Bacon, twin pack, frozen 150g each

2 Syns on Extra Easy Original 2 Syns Green 10½ Syns

Iceland Chilli & Coriander Chicken Kebabs, 6 pack, frozen 42g each

0 Syn on Extra Easy Original Free Green 1½ Syns

Iceland Garlic & Pepper Chicken Kebabs, 6 pack, frozen 42g each

½ Syn on Extra Easy Original ½ Syn Green 2 Syns

Iceland Tikka Chicken Strips, chilled 120g pack

0 Syn on Extra Easy Original Free Green 7 Syns

Yay I love threads like this - always great to share things you have discovered because even though several people might know of them, there will be loads of them that don't.

Supermarkets have such a HUGEEEEEEEEEE range of products that you just get into a rut buying the same things all the time that you know the syn value of, all it takes it someone to recommend something and you can look out for it next time you shop :)

It was me that recommended the asda chickpea dahl on here recently and it went down a storm lol! :)

X

how much are the lamb dishes tho as i find that the best ofs really expensive and can you pop them in the freezer to?
x

The Aldi lamb shanks in red wine are free and about £4 for 2. I love them! They do a mint one too that's a couple of syns I think.

• Tesco tinned chicken in white sauce- 1 syn for an entire 400g tin. Yes I know its processed rubbish but SO handy to have in the cupboard and tastes pretty nice
  • M&S mini belgian chocolate meringes- 3 syns for 4 meringues. These are AMAZING with chunks of chocolate. Have them with fruit and 0% greek yogurt for a 'chocolate pavlova' type dessert or just eat them on their own for a lovely sweet treat

Chicken - never had that (was veggie til recently). What would you serve it with veg wise?

Meringues - OMG, really? My daughter has these when we've got friends for dinner and proper puds for the rest of us as she is lactose intolerant and I've always tried to resist. Nomnomnom.

found this Iceland Sliced Lamb in Rich Mint Gravy, frozen~~ 300g pack 0 Syn on Extra Easy Original Free Green 18 Syns

so when we do his shop at iceland i will keep my eye out as i could have roast pots and veg one night with lamb as i love lamb but hubby dont so i never have it.
:( xxx

Ive tried them and they are yummy. enough slice for 2 small portions of course i loooove my food so i can eat a whole tray!! lol

Chicken - never had that (was veggie til recently). What would you serve it with veg wise?

Meringues - OMG, really? My daughter has these when we've got friends for dinner and proper puds for the rest of us as she is lactose intolerant and I've always tried to resist. Nomnomnom.

asparagus and new pots is my fave :) peas brocolli carrots cabbage anything you like :)

Mattessons Fridge Raider Mighty Bite - Roast Chicken OR Tikka ones only 0.5 syn per pack!!! £1 in Asda at moment - perfect for picnics (EE, Red)

Mattessons Fridge Raiders Bites - range of flavours - ranges from 1.5 - 2.5 syns a bag - These are usually 97p ISH but cheaper at mo in Asda - perfect for picnics (EE, Red)

Aero BubbleBall (new icecream thingy like a Screwball but with Aero Ball at base instead of bubble gum and has choc/choc mint mousse in it ) - 97p a pack in Asda (in latest mag is coupon for 50p off it!!!!) - they are only 5 syns each

Aniseed Balls - 0.5 syn each - great for cinema as last ages!!

Asda Smart Price tin Chilli Con Carne - 1 syn a can (EE, or Green)

The chicken is in a sauce- I just poured it over a mound of broccolli and new potatoes. It would also make a good filling, so you could put it in an ovendish and top with mashed potato (or mashed butternut squash on a red day). Or you could mix it with some sweetcorn and parsley and serve it with rice for a 'chicken supreme'

The meringues are the business! The normal meringues are the same syn value as the belgian chocolate ones, so you could have either, but for real treat value the choccie ones are amazing
x

Was having a look through syns online and for a quick sugar fix why not try:

Chupa Chups Relax Sugar Free Mini Chupa Chups, 6 pack 6g each[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
½ Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original ½ Syn
green.gif
Green ½ Syn
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Was having a look through syns online and for a quick sugar fix why not try:

Chupa Chups Relax Sugar Free Mini Chupa Chups, 6 pack 6g each

extraeasy.gif
½ Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original ½ Syn
green.gif
Green ½ Syn
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

good find meli!!!

Here is another good find to add to your toast or Ryvita Crispbread with some fat free cream cheese-

Hartley's Jam, Best, all varieties 1 level tsp[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

extraeasy.gif
½ Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original ½ Syn
green.gif
Green ½ Syn
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

1/2 syn sausage!!

have a look at these sausage for 1/2 syn!!

TESCO

Light Choices, Pork Sausages, Low Fat, 8 pack, chilled 57g each
Original (1 Syns) Green (4 Syns) Extra Easy (1 Syns)

Light Choices, Cumberland Pork Sausages, Reduced Fat, 8 pack, chilled 57g each (£1.99) (2 for £3 until 18/05/10)

Light Choices, Strawberry Fat Free Yogurt 100g
Original ( Syn Free ) Green ( Syn Free ) Extra Easy ( Syn Free )

Light Choices, Peach & Apricot Yogurt 100g

Light Choices, Natural Bio Yogurt 100g

Light Choices, Black Cherry Fat Free Yogurt 100g

SAINSBURYS

Be Good to Yourself, Extra Lean Pork Cumberland Sausages, 8 pack, chilled 57g each £1.99
Original (½ Syn) Green (4 Syns) Extra Easy (½ Syn)

Sainsbury's Light 0.1% Fat Probiotic Yogurt 100g 41p
all flavours FREE on extra easy,red and green

ASDA
Good for You, Pork & Apple Sausages, 8 pack, chilled 50g each
Original (1 Syns) Green (3½ Syns) Extra Easy (1 Syns)

Good for You, Pork Sausages, 8 pack, chilled 57g each

Reduced Fat Cumberland Pork Sausages, 8 pack, chilled 57g each
Original (1 Syns) Green (4½ Syns) Extra Easy (1 Syns)

Reduced Fat Pork Sausages, 50% Less Fat, 8 pack, chilled 57g each
Original (1 Syns) Green (4½ Syns) Extra Easy (1 Syns)

Good for You, Virtually Fat Free Yogurt, Probiotic, all varieties 100g
ASDA

Light Fat Free Cherry,Pineapple,Raspberry& Cranberry,Strawberry or toffee Yogurt 100g

I guess the chicken in white asuce is 1 syn on a red/ee dy?

i searched for the M&S choccie merengues - but no luck - then i had to run out the shop before i purchased Percy Pigs....im weak for the gummy little pink porker!!!!

:D x

ooo-forgot to add Da vinci sugar free syrup. Made with Splenda and syn free. Good for drinks/desserts/cooking.Just google and buy from whichever is cheapest as not cheap but lasts ages.Lots of favours.

Back