New forum

Do you Smoke?

• Yes

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • No

Votes: 31 64.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I quit 2 months ago - just woke up one morning and decided to quit but had tried several times before.

I still have the urges and I am in that danger zone of social smoking cause i think I can control it, but not caved in as yet.

I have heard some people quit for a year and then have gone back to it so i am still apprehensive on if i can hold out - but so far so good.

but again its like most addictions if you really want to quit then you will - its just a matter of associating enough pain to smoking to make it unattractive.

wish i could apply the same prinicple to food but still trying ....

I quit 2 months ago - just woke up one morning and decided to quit but had tried several times before.

I still have the urges and I am in that danger zone of social smoking cause i think I can control it, but not caved in as yet.

I have heard some people quit for a year and then have gone back to it so i am still apprehensive on if i can hold out - but so far so good.

but again its like most addictions if you really want to quit then you will - its just a matter of associating enough pain to smoking to make it unattractive.

wish i could apply the same prinicple to food but still trying ....

Well done Shazza, that's brill! Do you treat yourself with the money you save?

The food thing will be your next success I'm sure of it!

Dizzy x

i think i should quit

i dont like the taste anymore, but i love opening the packet, taking one out, and lighting it.. and the first puff i enjoy. then i get 1/2 way through and dont like the taste. so i stub it out..then off i go again, caressing the packet, opening the lid, taking one out, lighting it etc etc...

how can i stop?

Well done Shazza, that's brill! Do you treat yourself with the money you save?

The food thing will be your next success I'm sure of it!

Dizzy x

No not really - to be honest i have not noticed the saving - usually because I buy cigarrettes with my petrol and that has gone up anyway cause I changed my car. But I gave up mainly because it was effecting singing voice big time and I finally accepted that it was not good for my asthma.

Also I am so noticing that as I get older - that my body cant take the abuse - didnt really notice the medical effects of smoking and excess weight in my 20's - but now in my 30's the potential of heart disease, diabetes - etc etc are literally just round the corner if i dont make changes now.

YES YES YES!

I smoke currently between 20 and 30 a day (yikes that was honest of me) and of course I increased my nicotine consumption in direct relation to my reducing my sugar consumption!

I am Becoming a Non Smoker (not quitting - Allen Carr doesn't like that term!) on Thursday, Feb 1...

It's GOTTA be easier than the whole food shebang, surely?!

YES YES YES!

I smoke currently between 20 and 30 a day (yikes that was honest of me) and of course I increased my nicotine consumption in direct relation to my reducing my sugar consumption!

I am Becoming a Non Smoker (not quitting - Allen Carr doesn't like that term!) on Thursday, Feb 1...

It's GOTTA be easier than the whole food shebang, surely?!

Good Luck Maintainer

You'll do it!

Dizzy x

Going against the grain here but i wouldnt want the fact that i am in the process of losing me weight AND should stop stop smoking rubbed into my mushky all at once...

Ivy

I quit as a true chain smoker 6 years ago, and none of them namby, pamby fags either. It was 3 packs of Marlboro or Camel a day for me. I dont think there was a photograph in existance up to that time which did not have me clinging on for dear life to a smoke!

I think anything that can help people quit or even cut down can only be a good thing.

Good luck to all those starting of down that road. :cool: :cool:

How did you do it Brad? Hints and tips gladly acepted :D

How did you do it Brad? Hints and tips gladly acepted :D

No real secret Lacey, I had a bad health scare (heart) which resulted in 2 ops.

However, I made a full recovery and am fit (well not really that fit) and most definately healthy.

I recomend the patches. Although a doctor telling me I am going to die worked for me just as well :D :D

Glad to hear you are on the mend sweetheart.

No real secret Lacey, I had a bad health scare (heart) which resulted in 2 ops.

However, I made a full recovery and am fit (well not really that fit) and most definately healthy.

I recomend the patches. Although a doctor telling me I am going to die worked for me just as well :D :D

Glad to hear you are on the mend sweetheart.

Awww Bradders x Thank you for replying and I am so glad to read that you are fit and healthy now.

Crikey, your doctor must have really done a number on you by saying that. I am glad you took note, otherwise we wouldn't have you here today to brighten up Minimins with your unique sense of humour :)

Have to say, I love a man who calls a woman "sweetheart". I just do. (no, i'm not flirting with you;) )

Getting my patches on Saturday morning and my chewing gum. Sliding into SS as well that day......just realised that Brad. What do you reckon? Too much of a challenge or am I up to the task?:D

Awww Bradders x Thank you for replying and I am so glad to read that you are fit and healthy now.

Crikey, your doctor must have really done a number on you by saying that. I am glad you took note, otherwise we wouldn't have you here today to brighten up Minimins with your unique sense of humour :)

Have to say, I love a man who calls a woman "sweetheart". I just do. (no, i'm not flirting with you;) )

Getting my patches on Saturday morning and my chewing gum. Sliding into SS as well that day......just realised that Brad. What do you reckon? Too much of a challenge or am I up to the task?:D

Hi Isis

Not sure if you would be interested, but Paul Mckenna is appearing on QVC tomorrow with his new 'stop smoking' system, if it works as well as his 'I can make you thin' system, you will be onto a winner, I am ordering one for my hubby who has had a heart attack and needs to give up smoking.

I am not sure how much it will be, I guess it may be about the £40 mark, but I do know that it will be on 2 easy payments, if you want more details check on the following link tomorrow, the details should appear on the homepage.

Alternatively, you can watch the man himself at 11 am & 4pm tomorrow on SKY channel 630 or digi box channel 16 telling you all about it

Online shopping from QVC UK

Quit Smoking Without Gaining Weight

Following on from my post yesterday, the Paul Mckenna system is £31.84 for one day only (2/2/07), then it will revert to £38.50.

Also if you order today (2/2), you can pay on 2 easy payments £15.92 plus p&p and the balance next month !!

See Paul today on QVC at 11pm and 4pm, alternatively you can view a repeat of his presentation at anytime today by selecting the following link, clicking on the section that shows Paul and then selecting the red tab on the left hand side that says View TSV Presentation

Following on from my post yesterday, the Paul Mckenna system is £31.84 for one day only (2/2/07), then it will revert to £38.50.

Also if you order today (2/2), you can pay on 2 easy payments £15.92 plus p&p and the balance next month !!

See Paul today on QVC at 11pm and 4pm, alternatively you can view a repeat of his presentation at anytime today by selecting the following link, clicking on the section that shows Paul and then selecting the red tab on the left hand side that says View TSV Presentation

Thanks so much for this info Ruby and taking the time to post all the details. I'm going off shortly to have a look on QVC and see if I can still get it. Sounds great, especially if Mr P Mck is involved :D

I gave up smoking last Feb. I couldn't use the patches as for some reason I became allergic to them. I've used them in one of my many quits in the past without a problem.

Went cold turkey this time

I gave up smoking last Feb. I couldn't use the patches as for some reason I became allergic to them. I've used them in one of my many quits in the past without a problem.

Went cold turkey this time

All credit to you KD. I am so ruddy ambivalent about this still. :confused:

Day 5 for me and feeling strong.

I couldn't quite see the point of patches, to be honest, and preferred getting the whole thing over and done with in one go as it were.

I have been a non smoker for 4 Days, 18 hours, 50 minutes and 12 seconds (4 days). I have saved £20.92 by not smoking 119 cigarettes. I have saved 9 hours and 55 minutes of my life. My last cigarette EVER was on: 31/01/2007 21:30. (cold turkey, no patches)

Yes you were Sweetheart ;) ;)

Anyway, how are you getting on with the patches?

I think it is a big ask to do both, but worth a try if you feel strong enough.

Let me know how you are getting on.

Yes you were Sweetheart ;) ;)

Anyway, how are you getting on with the patches?

I think it is a big ask to do both, but worth a try if you feel strong enough.

Let me know how you are getting on.

Hiya Bradders hun ;) :D

I've done 2 days on the patches and chewing gum but oh my motivation is not strong at all. I know I didn't give myself enough time before hand to do the head work and missed the first 2 cessation classes at work as I was with clients!!

Not putting my own needs first which is a habit of mine sometimes:sigh:

i'm going to keep an open mind and just do the best I can. Stopping smoking and SSing is NO RUDDY FUN!!!:rolleyes: :sigh:

it's true that the "head work" in advance is very important, both for stopping smoking and stopping overeating!

For each, I gave myself perhaps two months to get my head in gear before starting...

I have been a non smoker for 6 Days, 14 hours, 39 minutes and 49 seconds (6 days). I have saved £28.91 by not smoking 165 cigarettes. I have saved 13 hours and 45 minutes of my life. My last cigarette EVER was on: 31/01/2007 21:30. (cold turkey)

Back