New gadgets for the kitchen!

katalena

Enjoying life!
I treated myself today to a new Tefal Aquatimer steamer and a Kenwood all singing and dancing Food Processor.

I have a steamer but it is old old and I wanted a new one.

I have wanted a decent food processor for a long time.

:)

Kat xx

Yay! I love kitchen gadgets and probably have way too many, but hey I always want more!!!!

I have my eye on a new Kenwood Chef, but the price is high so have to wait , also want a coffee machine so I can make my own lattes and cappucinos at home.

Jez
xx

I have a Dulce Gusto coffee machine that I adore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like a Food Dehydrater but they are a tad pricey!

Kat xx

ooh lovely! I love kitchen stuff. I'd really like a dehydrator too for some reason...

My latest purchase this week is some new knives and they are such a pleasure to work with. My last 8" knife bounced off a tomato skin so i decided enough was enough! I've cut myself 3 times with the new knives this week but I don't care LOL!

I need a new food processor too, and a new stockpot, and..and...and...

lol Snorks I am like that! I want some new knives too, some good ones!

Jez, I disagree completely. Even said that to me when I spent 89.99 on it when they first came out and I had one a day every day from the day I bought it to the day I started on LL!

Kat xx

Ohh I want a breadmaker. The trouble is as soon as I look at them I read the reviews and they vary so much with some people loving certain ones and some people hating them...I end up punch drunk and give up looking.

Any thoughts people?

I also wanted to get a bread maker and my Mum got all like "oh if you buy one of those you will put your weight back on as you have to eat it the day it is made" blahblah

Yet I think it is healthier as you can make small loaves and control what goes it it!

Kat xx

My thought, dont bother with a bread maker, just make your own, so much nicer, so much prettier, so much more satisfying!!

Jez
xx

I got a breadmaker on Freecycle so was very pleased. I've been using my slow cooker a lot recently and our freezers are full to bursting with the results

I am very much looking forward to using my slow cooker again this year!

Kat xx

I'd have no idea how to make my own bread Jez...you need to remeber that people like me find it hard enough to find the kitchen...I only manage to go in there when my hubby is away on business and that's out of neccessity...:D

lol and a breadmaker is making your own bread isn't it? lol

Kat xx ;)

some people have said to me its a waste of time as you make them the first month then dont bother after that? What are your thoughts hun, worth it or not?
Jez
xx

Hi gals....Jez, I have a latte/cap machine. I LOVE lattes and Caps. However, it has lived in my cupboard for the past 6 years, untouched. :D ;) THe novelty soon wears off - and it became more of a hassle - the local coffee bar soon became more appealing. :D and unless you drop a pretty pound on the, they are not up to what you get at Starbucks, Nero's, etc. The home ones just don't get a high enough pressure to really do the job properly...so if you do get one - get the most expensive high quality one you can afford.

I also wanted to get a bread maker and my Mum got all like "oh if you buy one of those you will put your weight back on as you have to eat it the day it is made" blahblah

Yet I think it is healthier as you can make small loaves and control what goes it it!

Kat xx

Thankg god for freezers ;) Make a loaf, freeze half. :) WOrks a treat.

Im sooooo impressed with you girls!! im a gadget retard.Whats a Food dehydrater

Im sooooo impressed with you girls!! im a gadget retard.Whats a Food dehydrater

You can dry fruit in them, make fruit leathers, beef jerky, etc. Generally they are a bunch of shelves you can stack, enclosed, with a very low heat fan that slowly dries the food out.

You can also dehydrate in a regular oven.

They make great dried pears and beef jerky.

lol - i was going to ask the same thing mel - never heard of one!

i did buy a magimix food processor while on abstinence, my treat to myself - i love it

also love my dolce gusto coffee machine - relative works at nestles so i get the capsules at £1 a box!

daisy x

BL - loving all your new pics!
x

Back