New Girl ! Daunted but optimistic !

Hi Everyone! Day 2 is just coming to a close and I feel OK, just felt a little hunger on and off.
I've never done anything like this before so I don't really know what to expect. For starters, how will I know when ketosis kicks in ? And how much weight/size do people generally lose in the first week ?
Thank you !!!!

Welcome to the forums! Ketosis will come by day 5 or so, there are Ketostix you can buy on Amazon to test yourself, though if you are following the plan it will come regardless! :) The first week varies between people, as it depends on how much water weight you had before you started (i.e. were you a generally healthy eater or did you have a massive carb overload the day before your first weigh in, etc)... Also starting weight makes a difference too, the bigger you are, the bigger the drop on the first week / weeks after as it takes more energy to move a bigger body than a smaller one. Hormone cycles play a part, and how much water you drink... Weather... exercise.... haha everything makes a difference, but on average you can expect anywhere between 5-8lbs on week 1! That's usually your water weight coming off, after that the losses will be between 1 and 3 lbs per week on a VLCD. Sometimes even an STS! But that's just the body adjusting itself to the sudden changes. The weight WILL come off, I promise, so long as you stick to it!
I think on day 3-4 you might get a headache or two, maybe some light headedness as you "de-carb", so don't be alarmed... It will pass!

Good luck! :)

Thank you ! That's a great help. Generally a good eater and also a vegetarian but I let myself down with cheeky takeaways and far too much wine. Early menopause to boot and bam, gained 3 stone. I'm very optimistic

How are you getting on? x

Back