New guy to the forum :)

Cipriani

Hey everyone,

thought I'd join up as I'm about to attempt losing some weight. I'm a 23yo guy 6'1" and weighing in at just over 15 stone.

I work in the oil industry and this is the root cause of my problems! I used to be active and for many years a little under weight, but now I'm travelling world wide spending most of my time in hotels, eating nice meals every night at the companies expense & have gained 4 stone in 2 years.

Due to my busy lifestyle I don't know where to start with weight loss, I've tried to cut back on food but its not easy in this industry when the 1 thing you look forward to at the end of your day is a good meal, hoping for some friendly advice:)

Hi
I would be the same in your situation with all that hospitality. Have you decided if you will join a specific diet. I am calorie counting.etg

Sorry did not finish post as my son bashed send! Do you drink alcohol with meals as plenty of cals in drinks that we don't realise we are taking. Maybe asking for meals to be cooked without sauces or cutting out the carb sides?
I am sure you will find lots of advice on this site.

Sorry did not finish post as my son bashed send! Do you drink alcohol with meals as plenty of cals in drinks that we don't realise we are taking. Maybe asking for meals to be cooked without sauces or cutting out the carb sides?
I am sure you will find lots of advice on this site.

yeah I do drink with meals but not a huge amount, typically a pint of beer or cider and sometimes a couple of glasses off red wine. I havent given much thought to a particular diet probably because I havent looked into any yet lol, I think exercise is going to play a big part in losing weight though.

Last edited:
pics aded

Ok here goes, one of the biggest issues I have is not willing to accept im overweight, im really self conscious about how i look & now the worst thing has happened..ive started to get stretch marks!! Its time I accepted the reality of things and for me this is going to be difficult to do but im going to post weekly pics so hopefully I & others can see the progress not just on the scales...so here goes remember im 23 :(

IMG_2154_zpsd663dbcf.jpg

IMG_2156_zps6edb119c.jpg

You are overweight but I wouldn't worry too much. You aren't at a life-threatening level of obesity by any means.

Alcohol - I love beer, I chill out with beer all the time. Now I just cut it to Friday nights. My brother - who is a health freak - says you shouldn't weigh yourself within 24 hours of drinking beer. Apparently it changes the results quit signifcantly.

Stretch marks - Man I have some awful stretch marks. All over my belly, back of my arms and legs, love handles etc. It sucks but most people have stretch marks anyway. Mine are from obesity and growing.

Exercise - I am just starting this week. I want to do 40 minutes on a rowing machine, 6 days a week. Then other exercises when I am ready. In two days, my body is killing me and I have blisters on my hands. However, I am actually enjoying it. I don't know how much of a difference exercise will make, I will post how much I lose this week.

Honestly man, judging from your photos. You just have a bit of a belly. You could get into real good shape in just 3 months I think.

I agree with Rev it seems to be mainly on your belly, which I believe is a good thing as apple shapes lose weight easier than pears? ( read somewhere). Your stretch marks will stop if you start to lose weight and will go a silvery colour so you won't know they are there. A good starting photo to look back on, well done you.
Have a good day

You are overweight but I wouldn't worry too much. You aren't at a life-threatening level of obesity by any means.

Alcohol - I love beer, I chill out with beer all the time. Now I just cut it to Friday nights. My brother - who is a health freak - says you shouldn't weigh yourself within 24 hours of drinking beer. Apparently it changes the results quit signifcantly.

Stretch marks - Man I have some awful stretch marks. All over my belly, back of my arms and legs, love handles etc. It sucks but most people have stretch marks anyway. Mine are from obesity and growing.

Exercise - I am just starting this week. I want to do 40 minutes on a rowing machine, 6 days a week. Then other exercises when I am ready. In two days, my body is killing me and I have blisters on my hands. However, I am actually enjoying it. I don't know how much of a difference exercise will make, I will post how much I lose this week.

Honestly man, judging from your photos. You just have a bit of a belly. You could get into real good shape in just 3 months I think.

Cheers dude, im mainly worried about letting myself get worse I just seem to have no free time ever as im working away from home 80% of the time on the plus side my works head office may be relocating in January to better place which has a gym and climbing wall so that will be good for when im actually working from the office. in the meantime im looking into local gyms maybe I could go really early in the morning or something :/

I agree with Rev it seems to be mainly on your belly, which I believe is a good thing as apple shapes lose weight easier than pears? ( read somewhere). Your stretch marks will stop if you start to lose weight and will go a silvery colour so you won't know they are there. A good starting photo to look back on, well done you.
Have a good day

Thanks, I was considering bio oil to but was unsure if it had much of an effect, your right most of my weight has gone to my core and now also my thighs are getting it :(

Thanks, I was considering bio oil to but was unsure if it had much of an effect, your right most of my weight has gone to my core and now also my thighs are getting it :(

I wouldn't worry too much mate. You could lose all your weight in 6 months of hard work, quite easily.

Is there space for your to just do workouts at work? Just doing quick ab workouts will help you a lot.

Sadly not but at the new office there will be a gym which we should move into early next year :)

Well there is no rush then man. Just try your best until then, then you can start working out hardcore!

Back