New here - 4 stone to lose before Ivf treatment

Lushlash

Silver Member
Hi, im Danielle. I'm due to have Ivf treatment this year (starting this September)

I need to lose just short of 4 stone to get to my healthy bmi so I have joined weightwatchers on a wednesday weigh in. This site is amazing & I've only joined today!

Just thought I'd stop by & introduce myself. Thanks for reading xx

Sorry forgot to add.. I lost 3 stone early last year by healthy eating & using the gym but I had my second ectopic pregnancy in July of last year & piled all the weight back on due to depression, so I'm now back at it to lose it all again in the hope of having a baby at the end of it all xx

I've just read your second post - I'm really sorry to hear that :( Here's hoping for a healthy baby at the end of it all x

Thank you blondiesam, good luck with your weight loss journey xx

Hi Lush Lash

I'm starting this week too. I lost my first baby at 6 months of pregnancy in 2009 and had a miscarriage with my last so, although I don't know exactly how you feel, I have a similar experience and have also struggled with depression. I am 7 stone overweight and am determined to lose weight before we try again for my PGD IVF in late 2013 (We are going to try naturally until then but only once I am at a healthier weight). I'm so sorry to hear about your loss and hope we can be Minimins chums.

I'm doing Weightwatchers ProPoints, what are you doing? I did Pure Points in 2003 and found it really effective so here's hoping. I know it will work if I stick to it which I am VERY in the mindset to do now.

Littlemins :)

Hi Lush Lash

I'm starting this week too. I lost my first baby at 6 months of pregnancy in 2009 and had a miscarriage with my last so, although I don't know exactly how you feel, I have a similar experience and have also struggled with depression. I am 7 stone overweight and am determined to lose weight before we try again for my PGD IVF in late 2013 (We are going to try naturally until then but only once I am at a healthier weight). I'm so sorry to hear about your loss and hope we can be Minimins chums.

I'm doing Weightwatchers ProPoints, what are you doing? I did Pure Points in 2003 and found it really effective so here's hoping. I know it will work if I stick to it which I am VERY in the mindset to do now.

Littlemins :)

Hi littlemins, thank you for your reply, so sorry to hear of your loss too. It's awful isn't it, & the weight definitely piles on when your suffering with depression :-(
I'm so determined this time to lose all this weight, I've no choice because my Ivf is out of the question with my bmi being over the healthy range.
I've just started a weight loss journey named 'danielle's 4 stone to lose diary' it's in the weightloss diary section on minimins, maybe we can keep in touch on there. Good luck xx

Hi Danielle,

Good luck with WW's and 'baby'. Having lost one of twins, I understand how you feel ... I just joined this site recently as well and I start WW this Thursday. A x :)

All the best with your weight watchers plan. I am loving Propoints. Its so easy to follow (once you get the hang of it!) and it allows you complete freedom to choose what to eat. I find I can still eat naughty treats and lose weight. Whats not to love!
Good luck, you deserve it :)

Very good luck on ur weight loss you have an amazing reason for doing this so ur will power will be booming! Good luck with your ivf x

Back