New hi-fi bars!

I bought a box of the delux ones this evening! Will report back tomorrow once I've had one with my morning cuppa :)

I must admit hi-fi bars are my weakness - i've not eaten any bread since i started slimming world because why should i when i can eat what i'd put on a sandwich with a salad and then have some chocolatey fibre! Nom nom the new ones are delicious btw x

Have to say I tried these and I think they fab- was quite suprised- much more of a treat than the 2 alpen lights- will get more on Wed after class and save them for choclate/sweetie fix when I'm craving......
Haven't heard anything about the new one - may not have reached Irish groups yet...:-(

I finally got to try these last night. I am disappointed.

Not as nice as the dark choc and almond fibre plus, imo, and overpriced. You pay less for the fibre plus and get one more bar than you do with the hi-fi.

I shall stick to the choc orange in future. I really dont think there is ANY justification for the hike in price here either. If 3 bars are 1.35, how can they justify 60p for one extra, when 3 of the other types are 45p each?

I finally got to try these last night. I am disappointed.

Not as nice as the dark choc and almond fibre plus, imo, and overpriced. You pay less for the fibre plus and get one more bar than you do with the hi-fi.

I shall stick to the choc orange in future. I really dont think there is ANY justification for the hike in price here either. If 3 bars are 1.35, how can they justify 60p for one extra, when 3 of the other types are 45p each?

Hmmm I thought there were only 4 Fibre Plus bars in a box??? May be that OH gets to them before I get chance to have them all though!! Have to say I really liked the new SW Deluxe bars, lovely with a cuppa.

Just to say for all those that do like them the Toffee and Pecan bars are being phased out soon, our C told us last week xxx

Hmmm I thought there were only 4 Fibre Plus bars in a box??? May be that OH gets to them before I get chance to have them all though!! Have to say I really liked the new SW Deluxe bars, lovely with a cuppa.

Just to say for all those that do like them the Toffee and Pecan bars are being phased out soon, our C told us last week xxx

Doh, you are right, not bought any for a while on budgetary reasons so had managed to convince myself theres 5. Its Alpen lights that have 5.

i got some at class on monday and whilst i thought they were 'ok' they certainly werent in the same league as my fibre plus bars!!!!
i only buy and stock up on the fibre plus when they are bogof somewhere too so work out much much cheaper!
i wont be buying them again.

They were nice but not as nice as the fibre plus. They really give you a UMPH of chocolate.

you can buy them in the major supermarkets - asda,tesco,waitrose,sainsburys...they are about ~£1.90 for 4 bars.
theres a purple box which is milk choc and a red box which is dark choc.they are kellogs.
they are divine!!!!
they can be used as a heb or are 6 syns or 5.5 syns dependant on which ones you have - i forget which is which syn!!

I tried the toffee and pecan one for the first time this morning and it was gorgeous! I had to fight the kids away as they were tryingto steal it lol x

I tried the toffee and pecan one for the first time this morning and it was gorgeous! I had to fight the kids away as they were tryingto steal it lol x
I tried them for the first time this week too. I really liked it.

Also we had samples of the new Deluxe Chocolate hi-fi at our group and it was really yummy.

I thought the delux choc hifi bar was nicer than the milk choc fibre plus. But I think I still prefer the dark choc fibre plus bars :D (are these on offer at the mo anywhere?? I missed the morrisons bogoff on them the other month)

hiyer, tried a bit of the new choc hi-fi, and, was so dissapointed, the chocmint one is far nicer. Actually couldn't eat the little bit i had:D

Thanks for clarifying for me- will be on the look out for Fibre plus bars - stocked up on HI Fi bars tonight in class.
Our c gave us a taste of the new bars- wasn't overly impressed- was expecting them to be a bit more choclatey!!! Stuck with toffe and pecan and mint hi fi bars !!!

Did anybody else find that the new hi-fi bars left a horrible taste in your mouth afterwards? Like cheap chocolate? Couldnt eat mine wasnt great :(

Did anybody else find that the new hi-fi bars left a horrible taste in your mouth afterwards? Like cheap chocolate? Couldnt eat mine wasnt great :(

no hun i thought they were yummy!!i love any kind of chocolate though haha:p

Back