New, just started green plan, please tell me this is normal!

luckymama08

I started the slimming world green plan last week and from the get go have had painful bloating and wind :wave_cry:. Is this common on the green plan and does it eventually stop?

Last edited:
:welcome:
I was like that too. Still kinda am. Be interesting to see what the others say.

Hello... I find that potato wedges / SW chips always make me a trumpet bum the next day!

:D I eat a lot of baked beans with the obvious result :D

But I don't feel bloated at all. I suppose everyone is slightly different. What are you eating most of?

FTx

I have been eating more vegetables than I normally would. The main culprit seems to be pasta and noodles. I have had cripplingly painful wind and have even woken up in the morning with pain. I really hope this passes because its the best diet I have been on. I guess Ive been eating junk that long that my body cant cope with good food!

I think it should settle down in time. If you remember the F-Plan diet (is that still going?) that used to cause tremendous wind to start off with, but people's digestions did get used to it in the end and everything settled down again. Maybe you could try alternating with Red days and see if that helps?

FT x

Luckymama - before you started SW did you get the same discomfort from bread? It could be that you are a little bit wheat intollerant pehaps?

Hi Luckymama, Unfortunately I to suffer badly on green days, so much so I am forced to have more red ones, a girl at group on wednesday, told me to try Activit, i think thats the right name, it is yoghurt and supposed to really help, apparently certain vegetables are Known to have this effect! i read about it, somewhere when I was concerned about my symptoms.

Nannyjax and Louise thank you. Louise I do suffer from IBS but the pain I am getting is different, its not stomach cramps just pain and bloating. Maybe I am wheat intolerant I cant say I ever really thought about it although it does make sense now you mention it. Nannyjax I am going to follow your advice and try some red days in addition to the green. Hopefully things will balance out. Thanks for your advice ladies!

i NEVER EVER SUFFER WITH GREEN DAYS UNLESS I HAVE GONE OVER THE TOP ON THE OLD SAVOURY RICE ;)

Heehee
It will get better so dont worry too much.

Welcome to the group

Ruthy xxx

Hi Luckymama, first of all welcome to the forum and to SW.

ANY significant change in diet will have an effect on your system. If you like doing the green days then give it a week and if it doesn't settle then you will need to find out what is causing it. It may not be the food though. Have you increased your intake of diet soft drinks? I sometimes get painful bloating after diet coke.

i'm a walking fart...sometimes i call my boyfriend at work to apologise for my wind through the night!

it doesn't help being a vegetarian aswell. garlic and onions do it for me...and those hi-fi bars are bad too.

*parp*

i'm a walking fart...sometimes i call my boyfriend at work to apologise for my wind through the night!

it doesn't help being a vegetarian aswell. garlic and onions do it for me...and those hi-fi bars are bad too.

*parp*

I know :eek: Its shocking what us vegis have too go through

Everyone always said I was full of hot air lol

At this point i don't trust myself to say a word lol, But has anybody else noticed the funny smell lingering around this thread Ha ha!

Hehe, I'm so glad this happens to other people too!

My boyfriend stayed over last night, I stayed awake for ages as I knew I'd trump as I fell asleep. Anyway... eventually went to sleep, only to be rudely awoken by him letting a belter out!! :eek: Won't bother in the future. xxx

It's been hell this week as I've been sat on a plastic chair so I've had to be extra careful!

Yes I've noticed this too, I let a silent but deadly one out at work the other day. Thought I'd got away with it because it was in the shop and hoped it wouldn't waft over to the dispensary, alas it did. I just claimed no knowledge and blame the customers, we do get some smelly ones in. I've been waking up with a green haze in the room too lol, poor dh daren't lift the covers.

Roz x

Back