NEW Kays Soup Challenge - OCT to MAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Soup Challenge W/B Mon 6th October 2014 :greenapple:

images7LD0M6BE.jpg

If you would like to join The Soup Challenge next week, please copy paste this post and add your name to the list below, if you would like to continue onto week 2, add your names also :-

( )
to be confirmed

- CHARLEYBAR
- HAPPYNANNA
- (STILL SLIMMING SUZY)

Here is how everyone did on the challenge previously :D

Soup Challenge Results (2).png
Kay xx

Last edited:
Yes hun, sweet potato would need to be syned on Red, but on the plus side, its not a lot of syns :) xx

Thanks lovely... lord knows how I'd work it out, it would be such a small amount per serving, i'd probably just say 1 syn lol. There again, it was perfectly nice without it, so I'll just save sweet potato for green days :rolleyes: silly me!

Thanks lovely... lord knows how I'd work it out, it would be such a small amount per serving, i'd probably just say 1 syn lol. There again, it was perfectly nice without it, so I'll just save sweet potato for green days :rolleyes: silly me!

Oh I'll look it up, once sec ................ xx

Here you go hun, I got this from another post on mins :) xx

Hi sweet potato is 1 syn raw/boiled/steamed 28g on red or 1 1/2 syn for flesh only baked 28g on red.

Wow, thanks Kay... I'll file that in my SW folder just in case. I do miss being able to look online as I did when I was signed up to sw online but it was ridiculously expensive for what you got, so I just muddle through. I really appreciate it though, that's you and Sheila that have supplied great syns info today and kept me on the right track.
I've just been out to pick more runner beans, so think I'll have veg, not salad, with my peppered quorn steak this evening. Oh, while I'm here, I ordered some of that chicken style quorn too, so will be using that for something later in the week, I popped it in the freezer though as not sure when. :eek:

1. DATE: Wed 01/10/2014
2. CYCLE : TURBO

3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: DAY 3
4. PLAN: GREEN
5. WATER INTAKE: 2.5L
6. CARBS TODAY: None
7. BODY MAGIC: 1 Hour Walk
8. TOTAL SYNS: 5 (protein shake, 5)
9. SOUP: I am having the same as Monday from the freezer. Kale Soup x2 bowls - lunch & tea (kale, broccoli , red kidney beans, mushrooms, tomatoes, carrots, baby corn, red peppers, onions, garlic and ginger, LS Stock, black pepper, lemon juice)

Where is everyone today ? :D I will be off between 8-9pm, watching bake off on telly, will be back after to reply to posts. Hope you all had a good Soup day ! :p

Kay xx

2. CYCLE : get fit
4. PLAN: red
5. WATER INTAKE: 2
7. BODY MAGIC: none
8. TOTAL SYNS: 0 (so far,might have a small treat)
9. SOUP: Freezer soup here too... spicy veg and chicken. Had it on its own for lunch, then another bowl for dinner with a side of roasted peppers and bns. Forgot to take a pic at lunch, but here's a dinner snap

1412189302830.jpg

Sent from my phone... if I can work it properly

1.Date: Weds 01/10/14
2.Cycle : Get Fit
3. Day of Challenge: 3
4. Plan: Red
5. Water/NAS: 2.25 plus green tea x3
6. Carbs: None
7. Exercise: None
8. Total syns: Alpen Light 3, Dairy Milk 4.5 French Fries 4 (oops I’ve gone over today, I forgot about the Alpen Light being syns)
9. Soup: Chicken and Vegetable - Leeks, carrots, onion, celery, cooked chopped chicken and black pepper, 2xlow salt stock cubes.

I’m so tired today that my meal tonight, after being changed from stir fry (because the veg turned out to contain too many sins and looked pretty yukky) was an omelette and veg. I’m not feeling too good, sure its just being over tired and aching - I’d better not be getting hubby’s cold or I’ll be cross! Early night tonight, fingers crossed.
Good luck for Day Four tomorrow everyone.

Evening, typing watching bake off - torture. I love cake :cry:

4. PLAN: EE
5. WATER INTAKE: 2L water, 1L squash
6. CARBS TODAY: rice (small portion)
7. BODY MAGIC: 25 minutes cardio kettlebells, 20 minutes core kettlebells, 20 minute brisk walk - am so going to ache tomorrow usually do one KB session only!
8. TOTAL SYNS: 5.5 (chewy D 4.5 & muller light cheesecake 1)
9. SOUP: 2 x Leek& butter bean soup was very yummy but look horrid in my photo so not posting!!

2. CYCLE : get fit
4. PLAN: red
5. WATER INTAKE: 2
7. BODY MAGIC: none
8. TOTAL SYNS: 0 (so far,might have a small treat)
9. SOUP: Freezer soup here too... spicy veg and chicken. Had it on its own for lunch, then another bowl for dinner with a side of roasted peppers and bns. Forgot to take a pic at lunch, but here's a dinner snap.

Sent from my phone... if I can work it properly

Well done Niamh on a fab day 3 hun :). Your chicken & veg soup looks delish. You've done brill on the water intake, you've not had any syns, if your ok with that, that's fine but make sure you are having them in the week, or you will get cravings later on. Good luck with day 4, I know you'll do fab, looking forward to your soup tomorrow :p xx

1.Date: Weds 01/10/14
2.Cycle : Get Fit
3. Day of Challenge: 3
4. Plan: Red
5. Water/NAS: 2.25 plus green tea x3
6. Carbs: None
7. Exercise: None
8. Total syns: Alpen Light 3, Dairy Milk 4.5 French Fries 4 (oops I’ve gone over today, I forgot about the Alpen Light being syns)
9. Soup: Chicken and Vegetable - Leeks, carrots, onion, celery, cooked chopped chicken and black pepper, 2xlow salt stock cubes.

I’m so tired today that my meal tonight, after being changed from stir fry (because the veg turned out to contain too many sins and looked pretty yukky) was an omelette and veg. I’m not feeling too good, sure its just being over tired and aching - I’d better not be getting hubby’s cold or I’ll be cross! Early night tonight, fingers crossed.
Good luck for Day Four tomorrow everyone.

Well done L :p fab day 3 hun. Sorry you've not been feeling well, but you made good food choices today for the challenge so well done for that. No worries about being slightly over syns, I know you were under yesterday and you top up on exercise sometimes, so your still on track :D. Your soup sounds delish, same as Niamhs, chicken & veg :p popular choice. Hope you manage a good nights sleep and good luck for day 4, hope you do smashing ! xx

Evening, typing watching bake off - torture. I love cake :cry:

4. PLAN: EE
5. WATER INTAKE: 2L water, 1L squash
6. CARBS TODAY: rice (small portion)
7. BODY MAGIC: 25 minutes cardio kettlebells, 20 minutes core kettlebells, 20 minute brisk walk - am so going to ache tomorrow usually do one KB session only!
8. TOTAL SYNS: 5.5 (chewy D 4.5 & muller light cheesecake 1)
9. SOUP: 2 x Leek& butter bean soup was very yummy but look horrid in my photo so not posting!!

Oh that's 2 bake off casualties for this evening then :faint2::faint2: :giggle:. How are you hun ? Well done on a fab day 3 ! :p Look at you with all that exercise ! :whacky068: Woohoo ! Your doing brill Shelley :D. Your leek and butter bean soup sounds yum, glad you enjoyed it. Well done on the syns. Your water intake for Turbo should be 2.5L hun, try and aim for that tomorrow if you can :). Good luck for day 4, I hope you do super ! xx

*EDITED - dumbo alert ! Sorry hun my apologies, didn't see the 1L squash - having one of those days :eek::D xx

UPDATE - for THURS 02/10/2014 - DAY 4 OF CHALLENGE :p

THE GET FIT CYCLE - DAY 4

Today is a GREEN/EE day. A small amount of carbs are allowed with one meal only. Your Soup must be carb free. Today you must exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes. 2 Litres of water to drink minimum. 10 syns allowed maximum.

THE TURBO CYCLE - DAY 4

Today is a RED day. Carbs are not allowed. You must have 2 bowls of Soup in the day. Today you need to do 1 hour of exercise. 2.5 Litres of water to drink min and max. 7 syns maximum.

UPDATE - WED 01/10/2014 :)

Missing Posts

Hi everyone just a quick update from me, can the following members please update for the following days of the challenge.

Cavegirl - DAY 3
Bethanie - DAY 2 and DAY 3
Daiseybel18 - DAY 3

I am signing off now for the evening, I will catch up on your posts in the morning . Hope you've all had a good day, good luck with day 4 of the challenge ;) .

Thanks Kay xx

Last edited:
1. DATE: Wed 1/10/2014
2. CYCLE : Get fit
4. PLAN: Red
5. WATER INTAKE: 2.2 litres (if I finish this glass!!!!)
7. BODY MAGIC: None
8. TOTAL SYNS: 5
9. SOUP: Chicken, bacon and veg from the freezer

Worried I'm doing this wrong after reading the comment above about syns in veg on a red day. Think I need to slope off and read my book!
Super busy busy day today so not been around a lot. Quieter day tomorrow. Hope everyone has had good days!

1. DATE: Wed 1/10/2014
2. CYCLE : Get fit
4. PLAN: Red
5. WATER INTAKE: 2.2 litres (if I finish this glass!!!!)
7. BODY MAGIC: None
8. TOTAL SYNS: 5
9. SOUP: Chicken, bacon and veg from the freezer

Worried I'm doing this wrong after reading the comment above about syns in veg on a red day. Think I need to slope off and read my book!
Super busy busy day today so not been around a lot. Quieter day tomorrow. Hope everyone has had good days!

Hello hun well done on a fab day 3 :). Nope veg on Red is free and your doing fine. The one Cloudy6 was talking about were shop bought ones, which I think Sheila mentioned might contain oil. But home cooked are fine, I think peas are the only ones that need to be syned and also sweet potato if you use it on Red. Most other veg is free :D. Well done for hitting all your targets, your soup sounds super delish ! Good luck for day 4, I know you'll do smashing xx

The Soup Challenge W/B Mon 6th October 2014 :D:D:D

If you would like to join The Soup Challenge next week, please copy paste this post and add your name to the list below, if you would like to continue onto week 2, add your names also :-

( )
to be confirmed

- CHARLEYBAR
- HAPPYNANNA
- (STILL SLIMMING SUZY)

Here is how everyone did on the challenge previously :p:p

Kay xx

Hi, just catching up on yesterday and today's posts. Work's been crazy so I missed my day 2 post.

1. DATE: Tue 30/9/2014
2. CYCLE: The Get Fit Cycle
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: Day 2
4. PLAN: Green
5. WATER INTAKE: 2 Litres
6. CARBS TODAY: 1 cup of rice.
7. BODY MAGIC / EXERCISE: 45 mins walking.
8. TOTAL SYNS/ TREAT CALS: 10 Syns
9. SOUP: Spiced lentil, vegetable and pea. (Red lentils, carrots, onion, celery, garden peas, stock cube, herbs, curry powder)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 39
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back