Status
Not open for further replies.
1.Date: Thurs 02/10/14
2.Cycle : Get Fit
3. Day of Challenge: 4
4. Plan: EE
5. Water/NAS: 2.4l water/squash plus 2 green teas
6. Carbs: sw chips
7. Exercise: Walked for nearly 1.5 hrs but not all of it was fast.
8. Total syns: Dairy Milk 4.5
9. Soup: Chicken and Vegetable - Leeks, carrots, onion, celery, cooked chopped chicken and black pepper, 2xlow salt stock cubes.
No photo but it was the same as yesterdays lunch.

Well done L :D fab day 4 hun ! Your smashing it even though I know you haven't been feeling well. Well done for staying focused and hitting all your targets. Your doing super on the water intake, keep it up. Your soup sounds delish, hope your not bored of soups just yet :p. Good luck for day 5, looking forward to your post later :).

Kay xx

2.Cycle : Turbo baby!
4. Plan: Red
5. Water/NAS:3L water
6. Carbs: None
7. Exercise: Intervals session 30 minutes & 1 hour walk
8. Total syns: 6 ( Freddo bar 5 & muller cheesecake 1)
9. Soup: Cajun chicken & veggie broth

Hey Shelley :p, fab day 4 hun, your doing brill ! Your syns sound well yummy, I love freddo bar and yummy cheesecake muller :D. Wow more of the Cajun soup which I loved the pic you posted before :) , hope you enjoyed it. Well done on hitting all your targets. I hope you have a fab day 5 hun, looking forward to your post later tonight xx

5. Water: 2 litres plus a mint tea
6. Carbs: small portion of rice
7. Exercise: 20 min walk
8. Total syns: blackbean sauce 7
9. Soup: Veggie soup (bns, cauli, brocolli, onion, tomatos) with mixed beans, lentils and water chestnuts

Yay ! Brill job Niamh :D, fab day 4 hun. Well done for hitting all your targets :p, I know exercise is a bit under and your not well, but that's ok try and do as much as you can :). I was going to make veggie soup too today but then decided on Lentil soup instead :p. Your soup sounds yummy and packed with fibre, that's what we want :p. Hope your enjoying the challenge hun and good luck for day 5, looking forward to your post later tonight xx

5. Water: 2.2l
6. Carbs: small portion of pasta
7. Exercise: 30 mins walking
8. Total syns: 0 (one of those days!!!)
9. Soup: Roasted pepper and tomato

Well done on a fab day 4 hun :D. You've done brill on hitting all your targets. I see that you have zeroed down on syns but my advice would be that a few will actually help with your losses. Otherwise when you resume back to a normal week after the challenge, you will gain weight back on. The idea is when you come off the challenge, to sustain the loss, that why syns are never removed, they are there so you have a healthy balanced day. See how you feel but try and add them to your day. Even if you don't fancy anything sweet you can use them in sauces and dips or something, its the weekend so will be nice to treat yourself :p. Loving your roasted pepper soup, yum yum. Looking forward to your post for day 5 tonight :) xx

Last edited:
Sorry folks but I have been laid low with sore throat and temperature. Will need to cry off this week as I just can't focus on anything. Will be back next week if that's OK?

Oh no DB, that's a shame :(, sorry you've been feeling poorly hun :hug99:. I hope you get well and feel better soon. Don't worry about the challenge, work on getting better first. Sure you can join us next week, no probs lovely :) I will add your name to the list now. Hope to hear from you soon hun xx

The Soup Challenge W/B Mon 6th October 2014 :D:D:D

If you would like to join The Soup Challenge next week, please copy paste this post and add your name to the list below, if you would like to continue onto week 2, add your names also :-

( )
to be confirmed

- COUGHDROPS
- CHARLEYBAR
- DAISYBELL18
- HAPPYNANNA
- (STILL SLIMMING SUZY)

Here is how everyone did on the challenge previously :p:p

Kay xx

Right, think I've caught up on posts now :). I'm off out to do my walk for the challenge. Hope your all having a fab day. Catch you all later tonight for day 5 of your updates :D, looking forward to some pics tonight !

Kay xx

Soup Maker

Do any of you use a soup maker? There is a deal on a Salter one (one of those deal sites) for £49, and just wondering if it's worth getting? I hate the messy pots and pans when I am making soup for just me.

Hi Kay,

I try to exercise for 20-30 mins most days (and I walk to and from work every weekday), but don't feel ready to jump straight into the Turbo Challenge! Would it be ok to keep this up for for the week I do Get Fit Soup Challenge (week starting 13th Sept), or should I just leave out my exercise for the relevant days?

Also, does cereal count as a carb or not? (I have Kellogs All bran)

Looking forward to it!
xx

Hi Kay - forgot to say today will be a holiday day for me! Thanks

Do any of you use a soup maker? There is a deal on a Salter one (one of those deal sites) for £49, and just wondering if it's worth getting? I hate the messy pots and pans when I am making soup for just me.

Hey Niamh :p oh I think its defo worth the investment, since we are going to have a couple of months of winter ahead of us now, I think you will find you will be using it a lot :). I'm so glad I bought my slow cooker, could not manage without it :D xx

Hi Kay,

I try to exercise for 20-30 mins most days (and I walk to and from work every weekday), but don't feel ready to jump straight into the Turbo Challenge! Would it be ok to keep this up for for the week I do Get Fit Soup Challenge (week starting 13th Sept), or should I just leave out my exercise for the relevant days?

Also, does cereal count as a carb or not? (I have Kellogs All bran)

Looking forward to it!
xx

Hi hun :), Turbo is only for those who have done 5 or 6 of these challenges previously. All new starters have to start on The Get Fit cycle so that you can ease your way into the plan and work your way up slowly ;). As far as exercise is concerned you would have to follow the pattern set out in The Get Fit cycle, so only exercise on the days stated and rest days have to be taken on the set days too. At the moment I am doing the list for the challenge that is starting on Monday 6th October, I will do the list for Monday 13th October the following week and add your name to it :). With regards to cereal on the green/ee days you can have your healthy extras, its only on the Red days you have to syn your healthy extra B's (apart from dried fruit) because this is a low carb challenge. Hope this helps hun ;) xx

Hi Kay - forgot to say today will be a holiday day for me! Thanks

Okay lovely :), enjoy your day off, look forward to your post tomorrow for day 6 :p xx

1. DATE: Fri 03/10/2014
2. CYCLE : TURBO

3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: DAY 5
4. PLAN: RED
5. WATER INTAKE: 2.5L
6. CARBS TODAY: None
7. BODY MAGIC: 1 Hour Walk
8. TOTAL SYNS: 5 (Lentils Cooked 100g, 5)
9. SOUP: x2 Bowls Dal Soup (Indian Yellow Lentil Soup)

IMG_0951.jpg

5. WATER INTAKE: 3L
7. BODY MAGIC: 40 minutes Kettlebells & 45 minutes walk
8. TOTAL SYNS: 6.5 for a Kay cheescake - chewy d base, quark & white choc options & raspberries :D
9. SOUP: 1 bowl veggie & 1 roasted pepper & tomato

1.Date: Fri 03/10/14
3. Day of Challenge: 5
4. Plan: Red
5. Water/NAS: 2l plus two green teas (bit less than usual for me as busy decorating and moving furniture)
6. Carbs: None
7. Exercise: Oops worked very hard today, decorating and moving stuff around. No rest for the wicked I'm afraid.
8. Total syns: Alpen Light 3, Dairy Milk 4.5
9. Soup: Butternut squash (same as earlier in the week) as we were not at home I didn't get a piccy, sorry Kay.

Thoroughly exhausted, so much for a rest day but needs must, my grandson now has a newly decorated bedroom and his old room is a playroom/computer room. I'll rest NOW :rolleyes: eating my choccy with a cup of green tea

5. WATER INTAKE: 3L
7. BODY MAGIC: 40 minutes Kettlebells & 45 minutes walk
8. TOTAL SYNS: 6.5 for a Kay cheescake - chewy d base, quark & white choc options & raspberries :D
9. SOUP: 1 bowl veggie & 1 roasted pepper & tomato

Mmm like the sound of your soup, I'm going to make a tomato based one tomorrow, for the last two days. Jealous of your pud but not got the energy to make one today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back