NEW Kays Soup Challenge - OCT to MAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summer? Summer?!!! We've had rain, more rain, thunder, lightning, more rain and huge hailstones!! Can I come and live in Cornwall with you? I'll help with the gardening :)
Well done on another good soup day, Sue :wavey:

I'll join you, were all coming to Cornwall Sue :D to have your yummy soups, hehe, its freeeeeeeeeeezing in London ! :gen125: xx

Oooh angel delight - haven't had that for years - do u still mix it with milk or is it ready made? How many Syns is it per portion?

Gosh you just reminded me Linda, that's taken me right back to my childhood, I've not had Angel delight since I was a kid lol. Right that's going on me shopping list ! :D How many syns is it, does anyone know ? xx

Hello I would like to sign up for monday for the get fit cycle. I can do Green and Red but slightly worried about only 10 syns but feel like I should give it a go to hopefully boost things for my Christmas Goal :) Also I love soup.

Am going to give Rosies's cauliflower cheese soup a go for starters:) Even though I am only just signing up here is a recipe to show willing - one of my favourite soups. I am going to batch cook some soups over the weekend and freeze them ready to grab for work and have them for lunch everyday.

Roast Tomato Soup
800-900g Tomatoes. It is best to use vine or cherry or heirloom - the smaller tomatoes' have more flavour even if a bit more fiddly but any are okay except like beefsteak ones as they are all water)
2 onions
handful of garlic cloves (I use about 8 but you can use less if not a garlic fan)
500-600ml stock (chicken or veg)

2 bay leaves
frylight

You chop all the tomatoes and put them chopped side down on a baking tray. (May need several baking trays)
Peel the garlic and onions and chop the onions into large chunks and put them on the tray too
Spray liberally with frylight to stop anything burning and add salt and pepper to taste
Cook in the oven on gas mark 6/180 degrees for 30 mins
(This concentrates all the tomato flavour and you get a lovely smoky taste to the garlic and onions)
Then chuck all the tomatoes, onion and garlic it in a pan and add the stock and bay leaves and simmer on low for 20 mins.
Remove bay leaves and blitz. If you like you can add some chopped fresh herbs here but I don't generally bother.

Hello I would like to sign up for monday for the get fit cycle. I can do Green and Red but slightly worried about only 10 syns but feel like I should give it a go to hopefully boost things for my Christmas Goal :) Also I love soup.

Am going to give Rosies's cauliflower cheese soup a go for starters:) Even though I am only just signing up here is a recipe to show willing - one of my favourite soups. I am going to batch cook some soups over the weekend and freeze them ready to grab for work and have them for lunch everyday.

Roast Tomato Soup
800-900g Tomatoes. It is best to use vine or cherry or heirloom - the smaller tomatoes' have more flavour even if a bit more fiddly but any are okay except like beefsteak ones as they are all water)
2 onions
handful of garlic cloves (I use about 8 but you can use less if not a garlic fan)

2 bay leaves
frylight

You chop all the tomatoes and put them chopped side down on a baking tray. (May need several baking trays)
Peel the garlic and onions and chop the onions into large chunks and put them on the tray too
Spray liberally with frylight to stop anything burning and add salt and pepper to taste
(This concentrates all the tomato flavour and you get a lovely smoky taste to the garlic and onions)
Then chuck all the tomatoes, onion and garlic it in a pan and add the stock and bay leaves and simmer on low for 20 mins.
Remove bay leaves and blitz. If you like you can add some chopped fresh herbs here but I don't generally bother.

Yay ! :D Welcome on board lovely, looking forward to doing the challenge together next week. Thank you for being so generous and sharing your recipe with us. I am going to challenge myself to follow some recipes from my friends for a change otherwise I can get quite boreing and keep making the same soups over and over lol. With regards to the syns hun, try and go for low syns snacks so that you feel you are eating a lot for your 10 syns worth. For example if you have something that's 10 syns, for some that might be ok but once you've eaten it, its gone. It's nice to make a treat bag that you can save for the end of the day when your infront of the telly. You will find hun all the fibre and the soup will fill you up and you wont get that hungry feeling as much as you think you will. If you do go over by a few syns, we can always reign it back at the end of the week. It's your 1st week lovely, enjoy it and please don't feel its a strict plan, its fun and creative you can make your soups as yummy as you want and we have the perfect weather for it. Good luck for next week and I will add your name to the list now. And thank you once again for sharing your yummy soup recipe with us :):).

Kay xx

The Soup Challenge W/B Mon 13th October 2014 :D:D:D

If you would like to join The Soup Challenge W/B Monday 13th October, please copy paste this post and add your name below ;) :-

- ANGELICHEX
- CHARLEYBAR
- DAISYBELL18
- JOSEPHSMUMMY
- KAY003
- ROSIEPOPS
- SNOWBRYNEICH
- UPNDOWN

Here is how everyone did on the challenge previously :p:p

Kay xx

Right think I've caught up with everyone, night night ladies, good luck for the weekend and I hope you all stay strong and do SOUPER ! :D Looking forward to your posts tomorrow ;).

Kay xx

Here's one of my fave soup recipes Kay - I'm not an accurate cook so I've estimated the amounts - just adjust to taste! I'll post more soon.

TOMATO AND BASIL SOUP

1 onion - chopped (roughly will be fine as you'll be blending them later)
2 cloves chopped garlic or 2 tsps. garlic granules
frylight
400g of fresh chopped & skinned or tinned tomatoes
1 tbsp. tomato puree
1 stick of chopped celery - optional
500m water plus 1 vegetable stock cube (or you can use 500ml of veg stock if you have some)
handful of fresh or 2 tsp dried basil
Black or white pepper
Lo salt

1. frylight the onions and fresh garlic (if using fresh) in a saucepan (to save washing up a fry pan as well!) until they are golden (I spray and mix frylight with the onions whilst the saucepan is cold as frylight seems to disappear with heat)

2. Add the tomatoes, tomato puree plus the celery (if using) and dried garlic (if using dried). Then add the water & stock cube or veg stock. If using dried basil add now. Cook this on medium heat for about 15-20 mins.

3. Add the fresh basil now (if using) cook for a further minute or until it has wilted.

4. Blend the soup - adjust the consistency to your liking by cooking for a little longer if you want it thicker or add a small amount of water if you want a thinner soup.

5. Season to taste.

I was just about to hit the pillow :p, wow thanks so much for sharing Linda, I know the other Linda doesn't like Basil, I love it like you, but I was thinking maybe she could sub the basil for coriander ? I will defo give it a try :). Thanks hun, I'm sure the others are going to love it too. I will be posting some on here tomorrow to join in. Good night hun hope you get a good nights sleep ;) xx

Roast Tomato Soup
2 onions

2 bay leaves
frylight

Welcome to this lovley challenge - thx for the lovely recipe - will def try that!

I am so excited to start the soup challenge next week, I have been planning my soups already!
I thought I'd share this recipe with you all- it is top of my list :-D

Cauliflower Cheese Soup
1 head cauliflower
2x onions
1 clove garlic
Veg stock cube/chicken- personal preference
1 small potato- helps to thicken but would be interesting to see how it would be left out as its really thick! Also would make it carb free ;-)

Boil up til tender then blitz. Stir in cheese of your preference- I used half a tub of tesco value cheese spread for 8 syns- makes about four portions at 2syns each.
That said, you could use 4x hexAs of an appropriate cheese and have it syn free!

So delicious and creamy- it's been suggested to use as a white sauce for lasagna too which I can imagine working perfectly..

Mmmmm.....fancy this one too - good to try new recipes to keep me on track - thx!

I was just about to hit the pillow :p, wow thanks so much for sharing Linda, I know the other Linda doesn't like Basil, I love it like you, but I was thinking maybe she could sub the basil for coriander ? I will defo give it a try :). Thanks hun, I'm sure the others are going to love it too. I will be posting some on here tomorrow to join in. Good night hun hope you get a good nights sleep ;) xx

ur right the other Linda detests basil but loves soup - so I'm sure she'll be checking these out! night. night!

Guess what, I'm gonna join ya ! I'll will do Get Fit too :D:D xx

Good on you - let's be a bit gentler on ourselves for a change - I don't think I cd stick to Turbo at the mo whilst my willpower is so low - altho as u know - the Turbo option shifted lots of weight for me in the past!!

I am so excited to start the soup challenge next week, I have been planning my soups already!
I thought I'd share this recipe with you all- it is top of my list :-D

Cauliflower Cheese Soup
1 head cauliflower
2x onions
1 clove garlic
Veg stock cube/chicken- personal preference
1 small potato- helps to thicken but would be interesting to see how it would be left out as its really thick! Also would make it carb free ;-)

Boil up til tender then blitz. Stir in cheese of your preference- I used half a tub of tesco value cheese spread for 8 syns- makes about four portions at 2syns each.
That said, you could use 4x hexAs of an appropriate cheese and have it syn free!

So delicious and creamy- it's been suggested to use as a white sauce for lasagna too which I can imagine working perfectly..

Thanks for the recipe Rosiepops I love cauliflower cheese and luckily tomorrow is a green day so I could add the potato mmmm delish xx

1. Date 10 Oct
2. Cycle Get Fit
3. Day of challenge 5
4. Plan red
5. Water intake 2 litres
6. Carbs today: none
7. Body magic: none
8. Total syns 10 (ground rice, jam)
9. Soup: carrot, tomato and coriander

Keep forgetting to take photo.

Anyone notice the tomato theme? Greenhouse still producing!

Angel Delight (sugar free version is only 20cals a portion difference) Don't have access to SW syns so calculate based on calories. My take is 5.5 syns including the semi skimmed milk. I think a portion is a third of packet when made up.

Angels delight is 14 syns for the normal version and 11 for sugar free for the whole.packet so if you used your hea you could get 4 portions for about a quarter of hea and 2.5/3.5 syns. Or 4.5/5.5 if you syn the milk (using skimmed milk)

I have a challenge question. Do you have to use dried fruit as your HEB on all the days or just the red days? If not on green/ee days is it one portion of carbs on top of your heb or altogether.

Do peas/sweetcorn etc count as your portion of carbs on green/ee days or.is it just pasta/rice/potatos?

Angels delight is 14 syns for the normal version and 11 for sugar free for the whole.packet so if you used your hea you could get 4 portions for about a quarter of hea and 2.5/3.5 syns. Or 4.5/5.5 if you syn the milk (using skimmed milk)

I have a challenge question. Do you have to use dried fruit as your HEB on all the days or just the red days? If not on green/ee days is it one portion of carbs on top of your heb or altogether.

Do peas/sweetcorn etc count as your portion of carbs on green/ee days or.is it just pasta/rice/potatos?

Thx for that I'll try that soon. I'm sure Kay will answer ur questions as I'm not sure - hope u have a good day 6.

Angel Delight (sugar free version is only 20cals a portion difference) Don't have access to SW syns so calculate based on calories. My take is 5.5 syns including the semi skimmed milk. I think a portion is a third of packet when made up.

Thx for taking the time to post that for me. I'll get that soon.

1. Date 10 Oct
2. Cycle Get Fit
3. Day of challenge 5
4. Plan red
5. Water intake 2 litres
6. Carbs today: none
7. Body magic: none
8. Total syns 10 (ground rice, jam)
9. Soup: carrot, tomato and coriander

Keep forgetting to take photo.

Anyone notice the tomato theme? Greenhouse still producing!

Hi DB my greenhouse is still full of tomatoes too and the freezer. We have tomatoes coming out of our ears :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back