NEW Kays Soup Challenge - OCT to MAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone :D, hope your all having a fab day 6. I will be offline for a while and back on in the evening to catch up on all posts ! Have a great day :):).

Kay xx

Subscribing... I LOVE soup xx

Helloooooooooooooooooooo ! :D I do remember your yummy soups from last year, they were brilliant Brittany ! Care to join us on the challenge this Monday ? :p

Kay xx

The Soup Challenge W/B Mon 13th October 2014 :D:D:D

If you would like to join The Soup Challenge W/B Monday 13th October, please copy paste this post and add your name below ;) :-

- ANGELICHEX
- CHARLEYBAR
- DAISYBELL18
- JOSEPHSMUMMY
- KAY003
- ROSIEPOPS
- SNOWBRYNEICH
- UPNDOWN

Here is how everyone did on the challenge previously :p:p

Kay xx

Just dropped by quickly to share this with you all :D xx

I just made this, its my yummy Dahl Lentil Soup garnished with freshly ground black pepper, coriander and green chilli :p.

156171d1413042754-new-kays-soup-challenge-oct-mar-img_1445.jpg

1. Date 10 Oct
2. Cycle Get Fit
3. Day of challenge 5
4. Plan red
5. Water intake 2 litres
6. Carbs today: none
7. Body magic: none
8. Total syns 10 (ground rice, jam)
9. Soup: carrot, tomato and coriander

Keep forgetting to take photo.

Anyone notice the tomato theme? Greenhouse still producing!

Well done DB :p, fab day 5 ! Don't worry about the photo hun as long as you enjoyed your soup, which does by the way sound rather yummy. I do love tomato and coriander soup :). Well done on hitting all your targets, a brill red day. Looking forward to your post tonight, its day 6, hope you've enjoyed your carbs :D xx

I have a challenge question.

1) Do you have to use dried fruit as your HEB on all the days or just the red days?

2) If not on green/ee days is it one portion of carbs on top of your heb or altogether.

3) Do peas/sweetcorn etc count as your portion of carbs on green/ee days or.is it just pasta/rice/potatos?

Hello hun :), I'm more than happy to answer your questions ........

1) On Green and EE, you can have both your HEX'S as normal. On Red days you can have your HEXA's but from the B list you can only have dried fruit. All the other items on your B list would have to be synned if you wanted them. The reason for this is, this is a low carb challenge and the days which we consume our carbs need to be alternated.

2) On the Green/EE days you will be getting carbs from you HEXB's, if you still feel you want more, yes you can but in moderation, again because it is a low carb challenge. So for example if there is bread, noodles, pasta, rice, potato to choose from, then you can have one or two from the group but not the whole lot in one day :p. Also I have planned in exercise on the Green and EE days to counter the carb calories, so we burn more.

On a Red day your carb intake will be very low. Those will be the tough days on the challenge, but again because you will be having lots of protein and fibre from your soup and water of course during the day, so this will help fill you up quickly. On Red there is the option to have some carbs as you are allowed 10 syns each day, so you can use this towards them, so for eg, crisps :).

3) I think sweetcorn and peas are free on Green and EE (correct me if I'm wrong someone) but on Red you would have to syn them, so yes you can have them on Green & EE ontop of your carbs.

Hope this has helped hun. If you have any more questions I will be happy to help ;).

Kay xx

Thank you hun. Really helpful. I bought some bear fruit yo yos for my red day HEXB's (I love these anyway) And now have my green/ee planned out now I know I'm okay to use a HEXB on porridge for breakfast and then have carbs on my non soup meal as long as I have a controlled portion.

Peas/sweetcorn are free green/ee - I think I was just confusing myself as I count several things that aren't really carbs (pulses/beans/starchy veg) as carbs in my head as you aren't allowed them on red days.

Hi everyone, kays asked me to post my recipe for celery and sweetcorn soup from last year when there was just the 2 of us doing our little soup challenge lol, so glad it's really taken off and you are all enjoying lovely soups and brilliant losses,

Here it is , it gave me some super VONIC losses :)
1 bunch celery
Tin of sweetcorn
Onion
Red pepper
Yellow pepper
Seasoning to taste
Veg stock cubes , I used 2

Chop celery , onion and peppers ,
Into a pan , add water and stock and seasoning , add sweetcorn
Let simmer
It's optional wether to blitz or leave chunky , ,

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just dropped by quickly to share this with you all :D xx

I just made this, its my yummy Dahl Lentil Soup garnished with freshly ground black pepper, coriander and green chilli :p.

156171d1413042754-new-kays-soup-challenge-oct-mar-img_1445.jpg

Can anyone else see a photo here? I can't see anything but when I hit reply with quote, there is a small image of a broken attachment?

Well ladies - we're nearly there & day 6 is in the bag! Good luck for the final day 2moro! Here's my day:

1. Date 10 Oct
2. Cycle Get Fit
3. Day of challenge 6
4. Plan green
5. Water intake 2 l
6. Carbs today: rice
7. Body magic: 30 mins + gardening
8. Total syns: teeny weeny portion of Apple crumble and ice cream 10 Syns ish?
9. Soup: leek and spinach soup from yest

lol :D L I've figured it out its because your not on a laptop maybe. Here you go hun try now xx

I'm just watching xfactor, will be on in a mo to reply to posts. Let me know if you can see it now ? xx

DSCN0398 (640x480).jpgHi Kay, I couldn't see your first pic and I am on a laptop. The second one is ok though :) Thanks to Rosiepops for the soup recipe it was scrumptious and so filling xx Now I've posted it, it looks like porridge! :D
1. Date 10 Oct
2. Cycle Turbo Challenge
3. Day of challenge 6
4. Plan green
5. Water intake 2.5 ltrs
6. Carbs today: Low low cheese with black pepper 1/2 a tub
7. Body magic: kettle bells 30 mins and gardening all afternoon until dark
8. Total syns: 2 choc options
9. Soup: Cauliflower cheese soup made with low low cheese

Attachments

• DSCN0395 (640x480).jpg
    DSCN0395 (640x480).jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Hi Kay, I couldn't see your first pic and I am on a laptop. The second one is ok though :) Thanks to Rosiepops for the soup recipe it was scrumptious and so filling.xx 1. Date 10 Oct 2. Cycle Turbo Challenge 3. Day of challenge 6 4. Plan green 5. Water intake 2.5 ltrs 6. Carbs today: Low low cheese with black pepper 1/2 a tub 7. Body magic: kettle bells 30 mins and gardening all afternoon until dark 8. Total syns: 2 choc options 9. Soup: Cauliflower cheese soup made with low low cheese

Ooh I fancied trying this soup too :)
Does sound yummy

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

The Soup Challenge W/B Mon 13th October 2014 :D:D:D

If you would like to join The Soup Challenge W/B Monday 13th October, please copy paste this post and add your name below ;) :-

- ANGELICHEX
- CHARLEYBAR
- DAISYBELL18
- JOSEPHSMUMMY
- KAY003
- MARIAVON
- ROSIEPOPS
- SNOWBRYNEICH
- UPNDOWN

Here is how everyone did on the challenge previously :p:p

Kay xx

Status