NEW Kays Soup Challenge - OCT to MAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
So ladies! On red days, why do you have for your breakfasts? I have around 10 minutes for breakfast so I usually have cereal....

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance :)

lol :D L I've figured it out its because your not on a laptop maybe. Here you go hun try now xx

I'm just watching xfactor, will be on in a mo to reply to posts. Let me know if you can see it now ? xx

Ps. Did you eat the chilli? :eek:

Looks yummy but not the reason, I AM on my laptop this evening. I'm watching X too, recorded so we are catching up and I'm trying to catch up on diaries too x

UPDATE - for SUN 12/10/2014 - DAY 7 - LAST DAY OF CHALLENGE :clap:

THE GET FIT CYCLE - DAY 7

Today is a RED Day. No carbs are allowed. You must have protein and fibre in your meals. You must have one Soup as a maincourse for the day. Today is a Rest Day, no exercise.. 2 Litres of water to drink minimum. 10 syns allowed maximum.

THE TURBO CYCLE - DAY 7

Today is a RED day. No carbs are allowed. You must eat protein and fibre only. You must have x2 bowls of Soup (carb free) today. Today is a Rest Day, no exercise. 2.5 Litres of water to drink min and max. 7 syns allowed maximum

So ladies! On red days, why do you have for your breakfasts? I have around 10 minutes for breakfast so I usually have cereal....

Any suggestions?

Hello hun, on red days for brekkie you could have fruit and yogurt, or some boiled eggs. You can also have your cereal, the only difference is you would have to syn it on red. I would have also suggested a SW fry up but you mentioned you only have 10 minutes, so I'm thinking there will be less time. You could also make a quick omelette with 2 eggs. Hope this helps hun xx

Thank you hun. Really helpful. I bought some bear fruit yo yos for my red day HEXB's (I love these anyway) And now have my green/ee planned out now I know I'm okay to use a HEXB on porridge for breakfast and then have carbs on my non soup meal as long as I have a controlled portion.

Peas/sweetcorn are free green/ee - I think I was just confusing myself as I count several things that aren't really carbs (pulses/beans/starchy veg) as carbs in my head as you aren't allowed them on red days.

Oh I love the bear fruit yo yos too :p good choice. You can still have the beans and pulses on red, but you would have to syn them, but on Green and EE, your right they are free. Glad you found the info helpful, excited about starting on Monday with you all ! xx

Hi everyone, kays asked me to post my recipe for celery and sweetcorn soup from last year when there was just the 2 of us doing our little soup challenge lol, so glad it's really taken off and you are all enjoying lovely soups and brilliant losses,

Here it is , it gave me some super VONIC losses :)
1 bunch celery
Tin of sweetcorn
Onion
Red pepper
Yellow pepper
Seasoning to taste
Veg stock cubes , I used 2

Chop celery , onion and peppers ,
Into a pan , add water and stock and seasoning , add sweetcorn
Let simmer
It's optional wether to blitz or leave chunky , ,

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks for sharing the recipe with everyone Vonnie, I'm gonna make this soup next week :D and I'll post a pic :) xx

I loved it , as you know kay , hope you like it too :)

I'm sure I will hun. Did you blend yours or leave it chunky ? Also what was the recipe for the tomato one you made also, was it speed soup ? Do you have that one ? Sorry if I'm asking for a lot :p lol xx

I'm sure I will hun. Did you blend yours or leave it chunky ? Also what was the recipe for the tomato one you made also, was it speed soup ? Do you have that one ? Sorry if I'm asking for a lot :p lol xx

I did both , it depended on how I was feeling at the time and if I'd chopped the celery a bit big I would blend it ,
Yes the tomato one was based on speed soup , you add tin of baked beans to the veg, or I made a veg soup and added a tin of tomatoes , without the baked beans ,

Well ladies - we're nearly there & day 6 is in the bag! Good luck for the final day 2moro! Here's my day:

1. Date 10 Oct
2. Cycle Get Fit
3. Day of challenge 6
4. Plan green
5. Water intake 2 l
6. Carbs today: rice
7. Body magic: 30 mins + gardening
8. Total syns: teeny weeny portion of Apple crumble and ice cream 10 Syns ish?
9. Soup: leek and spinach soup from yest

Well done Linda :p, fab day 6 hun ! Loving the apple crumble and ice cream combo :D, I always like your choice of desserts. Your leek and spinach soup sounds lovely. You've done amazing this week, I'm loving your focus. We have more people doing the challenge next week, I think the groups motivation will be even stronger :D. I think you'll do smashing in week 2. Looking forward to doing Get Fit with you. I know Vonnie and DB will be doing Turbo, it will be a great week for all of us. Well done on hitting all your targets today, I hope you enjoyed your carbs, tomorrow is a Red day, the last day of the challenge. Drink lots of water :). Looking forward to your last post of the week tomorrow Linda, good luck hun ! xx

I did both , it depended on how I was feeling at the time and if I'd chopped the celery a bit big I would blend it ,
Yes the tomato one was based on speed soup , you add tin of baked beans to the veg, or I made a veg soup and added a tin of tomatoes , without the baked beans ,

ok hun thanks for that. Would you happen to have the recipe for the veg or tomato one to post lovely ? xx

Sorry Kay, will find and type up my soup recipes tomorrow, I'm off to bed now. Night all, good luck for your last day tomorrow :)

Hey L, don't worry hun, I'm late also tonight, sorry I couldn't catch up with you, will defo make time in the morning, Sleep well lovely, night night ;) xx

ok hun thanks for that. Would you happen to have the recipe for the veg or tomato one to post lovely ? xx

Il check here , but I think I took the book I'd wrote them in home when I returned to work after my op ,so if I have il post it when I'm back home , that will be after the 21st,

Hi Kay, I couldn't see your first pic and I am on a laptop. The second one is ok though :) Thanks to Rosiepops for the soup recipe it was scrumptious and so filling xx Now I've posted it, it looks like porridge! :D
1. Date 10 Oct
2. Cycle Turbo Challenge
3. Day of challenge 6
4. Plan green
5. Water intake 2.5 ltrs
6. Carbs today: Low low cheese with black pepper 1/2 a tub
7. Body magic: kettle bells 30 mins and gardening all afternoon until dark
8. Total syns: 2 choc options
9. Soup: Cauliflower cheese soup made with low low cheese

Hi Kay, Sorry about the second thumbnail picture. I posted it in error and now can't delete it. What am I like :D xx

Hey Sue, well done lovely ! :p Rosie will be well happy we all want to try her soup out :D. I'm glad you liked it, sounds like it was well tasty and the pic does look nice :). Well done on day 6 hun, you've done fab hitting all your targets. This week you've done amazing on Turbo going it alone ! Well done for staying focused Sue. Just one day left now. I know you will smash it ! Looking forward to your post tomorrow and yummy soup pics ! xx

Il check here , but I think I took the book I'd wrote them in home when I returned to work after my op ,so if I have il post it when I'm back home , that will be after the 21st,

If I remember correctly, I think you did post it on the old soup challenge thread, will have to browse through that tomorrow sis to see if I can find it, espesh the speed one, that will really help :) xx

If I remember correctly, I think you did post it on the old soup challenge thread, will have to browse through that tomorrow sis to see if I can find it, espesh the speed one, that will really help :) xx

Yes I probably did, coz we posted quite a few between us

Ps. Did you eat the chilli? :eek:

Looks yummy but not the reason, I AM on my laptop this evening. I'm watching X too, recorded so we are catching up and I'm trying to catch up on diaries too x

Sorry must be the link wasn't working from my computer until I tried again. And yes I did eat the chilli :D I'm from India, the land of spices, were used to it :p hehe xx

Any suggestions?

I often have:
1. Syn free yogurt like a fruit Mullerlight with a banana and I always at 1 hot drink as find it fills me up!
2. boiled egg (sometimes do a hard boiled one and some bacon the night b4 and reheat on red days) and a piece of fruit
3. magic porage - soak oats (HEB)in syn free yog and serve with thawed frozen berries
4. If u go to class u cd have hi fi bars (HEB on green days) with fruit or syn free yogurt
5. Low fat quorn sausages cooked the night b4 and warmed up - pretty sure they're still free - does anyone know?
6. Fry lighted egg/omelette and beans on green
7. Fry lighted egg/omelette and mushrooms

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back