NEW Kays Soup Challenge - OCT to MAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just in time for next week's challenge if anyone fancies this one.

Butternut Squash and Carrot Soup

Frylight
One medium onion, peeled and diced
Medium butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks
Four medium carrots, peeled and diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Freshly ground black pepper
900ml vegetable stock (I use the lower salt oxo cubes)
A few sprigs of thyme (optional)

Spray large pan with frylight and cook onion for 2mins over low heat until soft
Add squash and carrots and cook for another 2mins, then add garlic and seasoning. Pour in stock and cook for approx 20 mins or until veg are soft.
Using a hand blender or processor you can either blend until smooth or blend half of it and add back to the pan, to make it thicker with chunky veg. Serve sprinkled with fresh thyme if you like or could use chopped parsley.

Good luck to all those starting the Challenge this week. :)

thx cloudy for these recipes!

I second that. I know how you've struggled to ge tback on plan so I am really impressed with your soup staying power this week. I'll be cheering you on again this week and eating soup most days too (but not doing the full challenge at the moment)
Good luck xx
Thx I'm so glad I lasted the week!

Just a quick question. I know tomorrow is a rest day and it says no exercise. Can I still do exercise as I usually do zumba? X
Think Kay's gone for the night now - I'd say if it's exercise u normally do - go to ur class and enjoy it!

Think Kay's gone for the night now - I'd say if it's exercise u normally do - go to ur class and enjoy it!

Linda I did reply to her hun :D , she needs to take the rest day xx

Some yummy soup recipes being posted here! Glad all those that have tried it enjoyed the cauliflower cheese soup :) thanks must go to MollyMolly who I stole the recipe from when I read one of her posts! Good luck for tomorrow everyone cx

Rosieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D your back ! God luck for day 1 hun, looking forward to your yummy soup pics tomorrow :p xx

Sorry for not seeing and getting it wrong x

No worries Linda you're only helping hun and I don't want you to ever stop, actually your answer made me think, she could swop her green and red day around (day 1 and day 2) that way she can do her zumba :D xx

Hi Kay, which is best then? Swap the day or leave it? I want to get the best result I can and it's not the end of the world me missing one class x

Hi Kay, which is best then? Swap the day or leave it? I want to get the best result I can and it's not the end of the world me missing one class x

To be honest hun both options will work for you :), you can either stick to the plan and have a rest day or you can swop day 1 and day 2 around which means tomorrow will be green for you and exercise and day 2 will be a red day and no exercise. The choice is yours lovely, If you don't want to miss your zumba class then there is no harm in swopping, as long as the total number of red and green days over the week are correct. The only day in the plan that cannot be swopped is Day 7, which is the last day of the challenge, that has to be red xx

I think because its your 1st week try and follow the same pattern as the others otherwise you might get confused because your not doing the same day as the rest if that makes sense ;) xx

1. Date 12 Oct
2. Cycle Get Fit
3. Day of challenge 7
4. Plan red
5. Water intake 2 litres
6. Carbs today: none
7. Body magic: none
8. Total syns 10
9. Soup: tomato and basil soup

Mint tea is final mug of the day making 2 litres just!

1. Date 12 Oct
2. Cycle Get Fit
3. Day of challenge 7
4. Plan red
5. Water intake 2 litres
6. Carbs today: none
7. Body magic: none
8. Total syns 10
9. Soup: tomato and basil soup

Mint tea is final mug of the day making 2 litres just!

Well done DB ! :D Fab day 7 hun ! Well done on the water intake and hitting all your other targets ! Good luck for tomorrow, you've worked really hard this week and given it all your focus, I hope you have a super duper loss ! :p xx

Hello hun, on red days for brekkie you could have fruit and yogurt, or some boiled eggs. You can also have your cereal, the only difference is you would have to syn it on red. I would have also suggested a SW fry up but you mentioned you only have 10 minutes, so I'm thinking there will be less time. You could also make a quick omelette with 2 eggs. Hope this helps hun xx

Thanks Kay! Big help ? I am doing the turbo challenge as go to the gym several times per week so my schedule wouldn't fit with the other challenge!

Good luck everyone ?

I often have: 1. Syn free yogurt like a fruit Mullerlight with a banana and I always at 1 hot drink as find it fills me up! 2. boiled egg (sometimes do a hard boiled one and some bacon the night b4 and reheat on red days) and a piece of fruit 3. magic porage - soak oats (HEB)in syn free yog and serve with thawed frozen berries 4. If u go to class u cd have hi fi bars (HEB on green days) with fruit or syn free yogurt 5. Low fat quorn sausages cooked the night b4 and warmed up - pretty sure they're still free - does anyone know? 6. Fry lighted egg/omelette and beans on green 7. Fry lighted egg/omelette and mushrooms Good luck!

Brilliant!! Thanks for all the options!

Thanks Kay! Big help ? I am doing the turbo challenge as go to the gym several times per week so my schedule wouldn't fit with the other challenge!

Good luck everyone ?

Okay hun, but are you clear on Turbo its extremely low carb and has 5 red days and it has a larger water intake of 2.5 L a day, are you ready for that ? xx

Okay hun, but are you clear on Turbo is extremely low carb and has a larger water intake, are you ready for that ? xx

Yes thanks Hun! I am all psyched up and ready for it. I have my water app (and water) and have prepped my soups already :) I'm really looking forward to it!

Yes thanks Hun! I am all psyched up and ready for it. I have my water app (and water) and have prepped my soups already :) I'm really looking forward to it!

Fantastic ! :D Woohoo ! Good luck hun and well done on the preparation, I know you'll do smashing this week ! :p xx

Oh I forgot why are you not on the quarterly challenge hun ? :D xx

Ah ? I will be.... Going to use my weight from tomorrow as my starting weight as have not been to group yet on October due to various things!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back