NEW Kays Soup Challenge - OCT to MAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Kay it looks as if I've missed you tonight. Crossed fingers for tomorrow and legs with all that water he he :D
1. Date 11 Oct
2. Cycle Turbo Challenge
3. Day of challenge 7
4. Plan red
5. Water intake 2.5 ltrs.
6. Carbs today: none
7. Body magic: rest day
8. Total syns: None
9. Soup: Chicken and veg x2 pictures as before

Hi Kay, Here's my WI for this weeks challenge. I've lost 4lbs hooray. Sorry I have to rush to help OH with work but I will catch up later. Thanks for a great challenge,

Happynanna Week 1 7 Days , Turbo challenge 4lbs loss

Thanks again. Speak soon xx

Sorry I missed you hun :(......BUT......

Woohoo ! :talk017: Well done on 4lbs off ! That's flippin brilliant ! Oh I'm so so happy for you Sue ! :bliss: I've just looked at your stats and a new shiny sticker in your sig, did this get you your 2 stone award ? :D I hope it did Sue. Oh I'm so chuffed for you hun. I know you won't be on the challenge this week, but we will miss you, keep posting on here :p. Right I'm going to update your results on the spreadsheet now ! xx

Sorry for the delay, we had little internet access at weekend

1. Date 11 Oct
2. Cycle Get Fit
3. Day of challenge Wk 2 day 6
4. Plan Extra Easy
5. Water intake 2 litres
6. Carbs today: mashed potato
7. Body magic: walk on beach with hubby and doggy
8. Total syns 10
9. Soup: spicy mixed veg and mixed bean

1. Date 12 Oct
2. Cycle Get Fit
3. Day of challenge Wk 2 day 7
4. Plan red
5. Water intake 2 litres
6. Carbs today: none
7. Body magic: none
8. Total syns 10
9. Soup: chicken and vegetable broth

Kay, I did my 6 days, and am down 1 lb. I am very happy with that as I was out on Friday night and went over my syns, so it takes my system a few days to get rid of the alcohol!

Wishing a great week to everyone continuing / starting today. I hope to be back next week but it depends on where I am working!

Thanks guys, and well done Upndown!

I can't commit to the challenge this week but I really enjoy having soup for my lunch so I am going to definitely have a few bowls over the next 7 days.

Well done Niamh ! :D This was your 2nd week on the challenge, so you've lost 5lbs in 2 weeks ! :party0011::party0011::party0011: And I know it could have been more, had you done 7 days, but hey we all need to enjoy ourselves :p and I think you've done brilliantly !! So well done lovely :). We will miss you this week. Keep popping in if you can. I will update your results now :D. Glad your gonna continue having soups, hope your back with us soon ;) xx

And here's another....

Speedy pea soup (for green/EE days)

1.2litres of vegetable or chicken stock
1 chopped shallot or small onion, finely diced
1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
275g frozen peas
2tblsp freshly chopped mint
Black pepper to taste

Put stock in large pan and bring to the boil. Add the onion or shallot, garlic, peas and mint. Cook at a brisk simmer for about 10mins until peas are tender.
Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. Season to taste and serve hot, topped with a swirl of fat free natural yogurt if you wish.
Going to make this this week!

Chuffed to report a 3.5 loss - good luck to everyone!

EDITED: Did myself out of half a pound on original post duh! The challenge has also got me back on track after my hol (which ended on Sept 2 and I've been struggling since!).

Lindaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ! :happy096: :bliss: :winner: :wee::party0019:

Words can not explain how happy I am for you :D:D. You've done amazing this week lovely ! And what a brilliant loss !! :p

3.5lbs off is amazing !! We're all so proud of you. Well done for sticking with the plan for 7 days and now your doing another week with us :eek::p that's true will power right there ! :D You didn't even take a day off. I admire your focus and determination. You've inspired many of us this week and I hope some of your magic rubs off onto us this week :vibes::) . I'm so happy your 2nd week is going to start on a strong note with 3.5lbs off, that will give you huge motivation to keep going. I know your on the 2015 challenge too. I have no doubt you will lose more pounds by then and be one sexy lady for 2015 ! :D:D We're all gonna be with you every step of the way like you've always been there for us :hug99:. Love you lots ! Right going to go and update your results now :):).

Kay xx

Lindaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ! :happy096: :bliss: :winner: :wee::party0019:

Words can not explain how happy I am for you :D:D. You've done amazing this week lovely ! And what a brilliant loss !! :p

3.5lbs off is amazing !! We're all so proud of you. Well done for sticking with the plan for 7 days and now your doing another week with us :eek::p that's true will power right there ! :D You didn't even take a day off. I admire your focus and determination. You've inspired many of us this week and I hope some of your magic rubs off onto us this week :vibes::) . I'm so happy your 2nd week is going to start on a strong note with 3.5lbs off, that will give you huge motivation to keep going. I know your on the 2015 challenge too. I have no doubt you will lose more pounds by then and be one sexy lady for 2015 ! :D:D We're all gonna be with you every step of the way like you've always been there for us :hug99:. Love you lots ! Right going to go and update your results now :):).

Kay xx

thx Kay - the very best of luck to u too! Know u've been struggling like me but we're all aware of ur determination when ur ur on the challenges too! So bet u'll have a super week!

Right I think we're just waiting for DB now to post her results.

Come on DB, were all excited and waiting for ya ! :D (Hope she's ok)

I'll get working on the results spreadsheet in the meantime :character00148:. I'm so so happy for everyone :D, the results have been fantastic ! :p WELL DONE to all of you !

Group Hug xx

:grouphugg:

Sorry everyone. 1.5lbs for me. Thyroid meds reduced so this ain't bad!

Hello hun :), you've done amazing considering the circumstance, meds can often have an effect on weight loss and cause water retention in our body. That's a brilliant loss and you had a day off in the week too, so a 1.5 loss is terrific ! :D You've done loads of these challenges before and have had amazing results. I am glad that all that fibre water and exercise has given your body an extra healthy boost this week :):). I've also looked at your stats, did you just get your 2 stone award too hun ? xx

THE RESULTS SPREADSHEET FOR THE SOUP CHALLENGE
W/B MON 06/10/2014
:D:D:D

Click on Image to Enlarge :p:p

Soup Challenge Results 06-10-2014.png
Kay xx

You guys are fab.
Due to complete lack of planning on my behalf and the fact have poorly children I have nothing in to make soup so I am planning today/tonight to go shopping tomorrow so will start on Weds which is my weigh day anyway.
What soups are best for red days? I've done a week of red since Thursday and struggling to find soups ideal for red (I can be a bit fussy :p)

Good luck to everyone starting The Soup Challenge this week. I hope these fantastic losses have inspired you all for the week ahead ! :D:D:D

...looking forward to seeing some yummy pics of your soups this week :p:p:p .

Kay xx

You guys are fab.
Due to complete lack of planning on my behalf and the fact have poorly children I have nothing in to make soup so I am planning today/tonight to go shopping tomorrow so will start on Weds which is my weigh day anyway.
What soups are best for red days? I've done a week of red since Thursday and struggling to find soups ideal for red (I can be a bit fussy :p)

Sorry lovely unfortunately the challenges can only start on Mondays. You have 2 options you can either join us next Monday or I can put you down as day off today but you would have to start day 2 with us tomorrow. The challenge does not run on individual weigh in days I'm afraid, that's covered in the guidelines ;). Let me know what you decide.

Kay xx

You guys are fab.
If u let us know what veg u like I'm sure we can come up with some ideas! Good luck with the challenge and the children!

PLEASE CAN YOU MAKE SURE YOU READ THIS IF YOU ARE STARTING THE SOUP CHALLENGE TODAY :D

UPDATE
- for MON 13/10/2014 - DAY 1 OF CHALLENGE

THE GET FIT CYCLE - DAY 1

Today is a RED day. Carbs are not allowed today. You should have one Soup as your Maincourse. Today is a Rest Day, so no exercise. 2 Litres of water to drink minimum. 10 syns allowed maximum.

THE TURBO CYCLE - DAY 1

Today is a RED day. Carbs are not allowed. You need to have x2 bowls of Soup in the day. You can either have them as 2 separate meals, or as 1 meal but x2 servings. Today is an exercise day, 1 hour minimum. 2.5 Litres of water to drink minimum. 7 syns maximum.

The Soup Challenge W/B Mon 13th October 2014 :D:D:D

This is the Final list for The Soup Challenge W/B Monday 13th October. If you would like to join this challenge you will now have to wait till the following week on Monday 20th October ;) .

THE GET FIT CYCLE

- ANGELICHEX
- JOSEPHSMUMMY
- KAY003
- ROSIEPOPS
- SNOWBRYNEICH
- UPNDOWN

THE TURBO CYCLE

- CHARLEYBAR
- DAISYBELL18
- MARIAVON

Kay XX

Last edited:
You guys are fab.

For red day soup ideas, here is the link to the SW website, there is a list of Red days soups on here which are free and some are low syn, hope this helps hun :). Also let me know if your starting with us tomorrow or next week, thanks ;).

Kay xx

The Link :) :-

Recipes - Healthy Eating - Slimming World

Chuffed to report a 3.5 loss - good luck to everyone!

EDITED: Did myself out of half a pound on original post duh! The challenge has also got me back on track after my hol (which ended on Sept 2 and I've been struggling since!).

Woohoo! A very well deserved loss Upndown, I'm so chuffed for you. Really hope this helps to keep you motivated now :) Well done :talk017: xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back