NEW Kays Soup Challenge - OCT to MAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Soup Challenge W/B Mon 13th October 2014 :D:D:D

This is the Final list for The Soup Challenge W/B Monday 13th October. If you would like to join this challenge you will now have to wait till the following week on Monday 20th October ;) .

THE GET FIT CYCLE

- ANGELICHEX
- JOSEPHSMUMMY
- KAY003
- ROSIEPOPS
- SNOWBRYNEICH
- UPNDOWN

THE TURBO CYCLE

- CHARLEYBAR
- DAISYBELL18
- MARIAVON

Kay XX

Well done everyone, brilliant losses xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I didn't have much time to prepare a fresh batch of soup today. Luckily I still have some in the freezer from last time, so I took out my Tomato and Coriander soup for lunch :).

1. DATE: Mon 13/10/2014
2. CYCLE : GET FIT

3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: DAY 1
4. PLAN: RED
5. WATER INTAKE: 2L (still 0.5L to go )
6. CARBS TODAY: None
7. BODY MAGIC: Rest Day
8. TOTAL SYNS: 5 (protein shake, 5)
9. SOUP: Tomato and Coriander Soup (x2 bowls )

5. WATER INTAKE: 2L
8. TOTAL SYNS: 10- wine and chocolate
9. SOUP: homemade chicken soup

Sorry, I forgot to take a picture at lunch time

First day down! Yummy day it was too. Somehow soups seem so much easier than salads!

8. TOTAL SYNS: 8.5 (cheese & potato in soup, choccie, hifi light)
9. SOUP: cauliflower cheese of course ;-)

Last edited:
1.DATE: MON 13/10/2014
2.CYCLE: The Get Fit Cycle
4. PLAN: RED DAY
5. WATER INTAKE: 4 Litres (3.5 litres green tea, 0.25 water, 0.25 NAS squash)
6. CARBS TODAY: bbq pops (made with potato synned)
7. BODY MAGIC / EXERCISE: None deliberate but a bit of walking (necessary to get to work and back)
8. TOTAL SYNS/ TREAT CALS: 10 Syns
BBQ pops (5)
Milky Way funsize (3)
Love hearts (2)
(10 syns)
9. SOUP: Gammon and veg soup
Gammon no fat
Onion, carrot, celery, broccoli, stock
gammon and veg.jpg

8. TOTAL SYNS: 10- wine and chocolate
9. SOUP: homemade chicken soup

Sorry, I forgot to take a picture at lunch time

Yay ! :D Well done JM ! Fab day 1 hun. Chicken soup sounds perfect for a red day. Well done on hitting all your targets. I hope you found the water intake ok and enjoyed the first day of your challenge. Good luck for day 2 hun, I hope you do smashing ! :):) xx

First day down! Yummy day it was too. Somehow soups seem so much easier than salads!

8. TOTAL SYNS: 5.5 (cheese & potato in soup, choccie)
9. SOUP: cauliflower cheese of course ;-)

Well done Rosie ! :p Fab day 1 hun ! Yummy yummy to the cauli & cheese soup - where are our pics ? :D I'll let u off ..hehe . Well done on hitting all your targets. Syns are fab, you still have more to play with if you need them. Hope you enjoy your carbs tomorrow :p. Good luck for day 2, I know you'll do grand ! :p xx

Well done Rosie ! :p Fab day 1 hun ! Yummy yummy to the cauli & cheese soup - where are our pics ? :D I'll let u off ..hehe . Well done on hitting all your targets. Syns are fab, you still have more to play with if you need them. Hope you enjoy your carbs tomorrow :p. Good luck for day 2, I know you'll do grand ! :p xx

I took a pic but then deleted it cos it looked bland but it so isn't!
I feel very snacky tonight (just had cheese, raisins and chocolate buttons) but might graze a bit more- ill update later if I do!
Looking forward to day two :) x

1.DATE: MON 13/10/2014
2.CYCLE: The Get Fit Cycle
4. PLAN: RED DAY
5. WATER INTAKE: 4 Litres (3.5 litres green tea, 0.25 water, 0.25 NAS squash)
6. CARBS TODAY: bbq pops (made with potato synned)
7. BODY MAGIC / EXERCISE: None deliberate but a bit of walking (necessary to get to work and back)
8. TOTAL SYNS/ TREAT CALS: 10 Syns
BBQ pops (5)
Milky Way funsize (3)
Love hearts (2)
(10 syns)
9. SOUP: Gammon and veg soup
Gammon no fat
Onion, carrot, celery, broccoli, stock

gammon%20and%20veg.jpg

Yay ! :D Well done SBN, fab start to the challenge hun ! :p Your Gammon & Veg Soup looks gorgeous ! Well done on hitting all your targets. The only thing I would like to advise you on is, in the guidelines in PART 5C, it mentions not to overdo the water intake, it's not beneficial for your health. 4 litres is too much hun and infact we have another challenge which is the Salad Challenge and the water intake is higher in that, but I have lowered it for the Soup Challenge, because soup already contains water. Please can you try and aim for 2.5 litres maximum which is for the Turbo Cycle (the advanced cycle). Hope you will take this on board ;). Well done otherwise, I'm really happy with what you've done :) and I'm really looking forward to your post for day 2 tomorrow :):).

Kay xx

UPDATE - for TUES 14/10/2014 - DAY 2 OF CHALLENGE

THE GET FIT CYCLE - DAY 2

Today is a GREEN/EE day. A small amount of carbs are allowed with one meal only. Your other meal of the day must be your Soup which will be carb free. Today you must exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes. 2 Litres of water to drink minimum. 10 syns allowed maximum.

THE TURBO CYCLE - DAY 2

Today is a RED day. Carbs are not allowed. You need to have x2 bowls of Soup in the day. You can either have them as 2 separate meals or you can have x2 servings in one meal. Today is a Rest Day, so no exercise. 2.5 Litres of water to drink minimum.

Hello hun - I totally see what you are saying but as you can see from my stats I am probably a bit bigger than others taking part which ups my water requirements also I have to drink extra water because of medication I am on and this has been okayed by my doctor who has said I am okay as long I don't go over 5 Litres so I will remember to add the liquid from the soup though and stick to 3/4 Litres. I hope I'm still okay to take part.

Yay ! :D Well done JM ! Fab day 1 hun. Chicken soup sounds perfect for a red day. Well done on hitting all your targets. I hope you found the water intake ok and enjoyed the first day of your challenge. Good luck for day 2 hun, I hope you do smashing ! :):) xx

Hi Kay,
I drank my water in the form of fruit teas. I love them! I really enjoyed having soup for lunch. Got tomato ready for tomorrow. X

1. Date 13 Oct
2. Cycle Turbo
3. Day of challenge 1
4. Plan red
5. Water intake 2.5 litres
6. Carbs today: none
7. Body magic: 1 hour kettlebells and walking (howling gales so it probably counts for more!)
8. Total syns 7
9. Soup: seafood chowder and chicken and wood ear mushroom soup

Still have a litre of water to down (950ml now...)

Hello hun - I totally see what you are saying but as you can see from my stats I am probably a bit bigger than others taking part which ups my water requirements also I have to drink extra water because of medication I am on and this has been okayed by my doctor who has said I am okay as long I don't go over 5 Litres so I will remember to add the liquid from the soup though and stick to 3/4 Litres. I hope I'm still okay to take part.

Ah well if you Doctor has advised you then that's fine hun and you say its to do with your meds. Please make sure you are spacing your water out during the day, although I know you may know this already. Please be aware that the moderators on mins have asked me to make sure that before proceeding with this challenge, you do check with your doctor first. If you have already done that, then that's fine lovely and that puts my mind at rest. Thank you ;) xx

DATE 13 oct
DAY 1
PLAN turbo Red day
WATER. 3L
CARBS none
BODY MAGIC 1 1/2 hr walk
SYNS none
SOUP just plain veg , although it was tasty I could of done more preparation ,
Will go shopping tomorrow :)

1. Date 13 Oct
2. Cycle Turbo
3. Day of challenge 1
4. Plan red
5. Water intake 2.5 litres
6. Carbs today: none
7. Body magic: 1 hour kettlebells and walking (howling gales so it probably counts for more!)
8. Total syns 7
9. Soup: seafood chowder and chicken and wood ear mushroom soup

Still have a litre of water to down (950ml now...)

Fantastic start to Week 2 DB ! :p Yay go you ! Your doing TURBO ! Whoop ! :D I admire those of you that are drinking 2.5L in this weather :p hehe. Well done for hitting all your targets lovely. Oh I would have loved to have seen a pic of your seafood chowder, yummy yummy ! Well done on the syns and exercise, your doing brill ! Keep the momentum going for the rest of the week. Stay away from the biccies lol (I saw your post on the other challenge thread, I have the same issues with biccys so don't know why I'm laughing :rolleyes:). Good luck for day 2 on TURBO hun, I know your gonna smash it this week ! :D

Kay xx

DATE 13 oct
DAY 1
PLAN turbo Red day
WATER. 3L
CARBS none
BODY MAGIC 1 1/2 hr walk
SYNS none
SOUP just plain veg , although it was tasty I could of done more preparation ,
Will go shopping tomorrow :)

Have we met before ? :D hehe Well done Super Vonic ! Go you with the Turbo Cycle ! I love veg soup, plain simple and very tasty ;). Well done on hitting all your targets. Wow zero syns is great, but you know if you feel a binge its better to use them, but I know your gonna power through like you always do :D. Well done on the walking that's fab ! Hope you enjoy your food shop, looking forward to your other yummy soups this week :p. Good luck for day 2 lovely, I know you'll do amazing ! :):)

Kay xx

EDITED: Cos I forgot to syn the sausage!!

DATE: 13 October
DAY 1
PLAN: red day
WATER: 2L
CARBS: none
BODY MAGIC: rest day
SYNS: 7 - ice cream, 3.2 for low fat sausage = 10.2 so gone over!
SOUP: veg soup - onion, celery, carrots, tinned tomato, cabbage, garlic. seasoning, basil, veg stock (free cos it's water I've saved from boiling veg)

Well done to those above who've had a great start and good luck to you all for tomorrow!

Thx to the 2 kind ppl here who've given me reputation comments - very kind!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back