NEW Kays Soup Challenge - OCT to MAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE - for THURS 16/10/2014 - DAY 4 OF CHALLENGE :p

THE GET FIT CYCLE - DAY 4

Today is a GREEN/EE day. A small amount of carbs are allowed with one meal only. Your Soup must be carb free. Today you must exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes. 2 Litres of water to drink minimum. 10 syns allowed maximum.

THE TURBO CYCLE - DAY 4

Today is a RED day. Carbs are not allowed. You must have 2 bowls of Soup in the day. Today you need to do 1 hour of exercise. 2.5 Litres of water to drink min and max. 7 syns maximum.

UPDATE - for FRI 17/10/2014 - DAY 5 OF CHALLENGE

THE GET FIT CYCLE - DAY 5

Today is a RED day. No carbs are allowed. Your food for the day should be packed with fibre and protein only. You must have one Soup in the day. Today is a Rest Day so no exercise. 2 Litres of water to drink minimum. 10 syns allowed maximum.

THE TURBO CYCLE - DAY 5

Today is a RED day. No carbs are allowed. Your food for the day should be packed with fibre and protein only. You must have 2 bowls of Soup. Today you must exercise for 1 hour. 2.5 Litres of water to drink min and max. 7 syns maximum.

UPDATE - for SAT 18/10/2014 - DAY 6 OF CHALLENGE :)

THE GET FIT CYCLE - DAY 6

Today is a GREEN/EE day. You are allowed one carb meal and the other meal must be your carb free Soup. Today you must do 30 mins of exercise minimum. 2 Litres of water to drink minimum. 10 syns allowed maximum.

THE TURBO CYCLE - DAY 6

Today is a GREEN/EE day. You are allowed one carb meal and you must have x2 bowls of Soup.. Today you must exercise for 1 hour. 2.5 Litres of water to drink min and max. 10 syns allowed if you need them

The Soup Challenge W/B Mon 20th October 2014 :D:D:D

If you would like to join The Soup Challenge W/B Monday 20th October, please copy paste this post and add your name below ;) :-

- KAY003

Here is how everyone did on the challenge previously :p:p

Kay xx

1. Date 14th Oct
2. Cycle: Get Fit
3. Day of challenge: 2
4. Plan: Green
5. Water intake: 2L
6. Carbs today: shreddies :)
7. Body magic: 1 hour walking round town
8. Total syns 10.5 (whoops!)
9. Soup: cauliflower cheese

Not too bothered re my half syn slip- I was low yesterday and its only half :)
I'm planning a Thai chicken and vegetable soup for red day tomorrow. Will let you know how it goes... Xx

1. Date 14th Oct
4. Plan: Green
5. Water intake: 2L
6. Carbs today: Sweet potato
7. Body magic: 30 minutes wii step
8. Total syns 10 hot chocolate and cream, latte
9. Soup: tomato

DATE 14 oct
DAY 2
CYCLE Turbo
PLAN. Red
WATER 2.5L
CARBS none
BODY MAGIC rest day
SYNS none
SOUP pre prepared veg soup pack

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

1. Date 14 Oct
2. Cycle Turbo
3. Day of challenge 2
4. Plan red
5. Water intake 2.5 litres
6. Carbs today: none
7. Body magic: 1 hour shred and walking
8. Total syns 7
9. Soup: chicken and wood ear mushroom soup x two

image-1596691669.jpg

The black jellyfish type things are wood ear mushrooms!

Hi I made carrot and lentil soup yesterday here is the recipe

Full bag of carrots (I got mine from aldi)
1 onion
100g red split lentils
2 stock cubes

Put the lentils in the pan with the carrots and onion and pour water until it's about 3 cm over everything. Bring to the boil give it a stir and leave to simmer for 20 mins or until the carrot is tender. Wait for it to cool and then blend. I got about 8 dishes out of it. If it is too thick add more water xx

So easy and delicious

Attachments

• 1413311886273.jpg
    1413311886273.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 23
1.DATE: TUES 14/10/2014 2.CYCLE: The Turbo Cycle 3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: DAY 2 4. PLAN: RED DAY 5. WATER INTAKE: 2.5 Litres 6. CARBS TODAY: NONE 7. BODY MAGIC / EXERCISE: None 8. TOTAL SYNS/ TREAT CALS: 7 syns - aldi mango and passion fruit yoghurt (1) reduced fat coconut milk (3) sesame oil (0.5) benefit bar (2.5) 9. SOUP: Tomato soup ( Chopped tomatoes, red pepper, yellow pepper, pepper, basil ) topped with chicken breast (same as yesterday!!) Spicy Seafood & Tofu Soup (yum!!!!!) Red onion, garlic, mushrooms, spring onions, pak choi, baby courgettes, ginger, lemon grass, thai basil, coriander, chilli, Tabasco , fish stock, fish sauce, soy sauce, prawns, scallops, squid, tofu, 1tsp sesame oil (2 syns), 400ml reduced fat coconut milk (12 syns) overestimating that I have had 1/4 of the pot at 3.5 syns but better to over than underestimate!

Not too sure what carbs I'm going to have tomorrow it being the first day with them "allowed"!! Maybe some cheese on toast to go alongside a soup? What are the rest of you having on green/ee days for your carbs??

Attachments

• image-1844556930.jpg
    image-1844556930.jpg
    493.5 KB · Views: 22
  • image-2231329436.jpg
    image-2231329436.jpg
    578.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
That spicy seafood and tofu soup sounds amazing! Can I ask where you found your Thai basil? I've been looking everywhere including the local oriental supermarket but no joy.
Carbs wise today I have had coco shreddies for brekkie. Other days I might have a small potato cut into chips with tea or a little rice with lunch or just toast with brekkie etc. cheese on toast would be yummy with a French onion soup! Mmmm x

That spicy seafood and tofu soup sounds amazing! Can I ask where you found your Thai basil? I've been looking everywhere including the local oriental supermarket but no joy. Carbs wise today I have had coco shreddies for brekkie. Other days I might have a small potato cut into chips with tea or a little rice with lunch or just toast with brekkie etc. cheese on toast would be yummy with a French onion soup! Mmmm x

Waitrose! They have fresh and also tubs of dried which is good if you don't use it regularly! Have also taken a picture so will add it to my post!

Yes, I am now thinking French onion soup with HExB bread and HExA cheese!! I think the infamous Pete did a recipe for French onion soup so will have a look for that!! Brilliant idea!!

1. Date 14th Oct
4. Plan: EE
5. Water intake: 3L Green tea, 0.5 L NAS squash
6. Carbs today: half a portion chip shop chips (synned), HEB porridge
7. Body magic: 50 mins walking
8. Total syns 8.5 chip shop chips 1 for teaspoon of options in porridge 1 for single scan bran rocher 10.5 whups
9. Soup: Sweetcorn and celery - I forgot to take a picture at lunch so here's one from my weekend batch cooking!
soup batch.jpg

Waitrose! They have fresh and also tubs of dried which is good if you don't use it regularly! Have also taken a picture so will add it to my post!

Yes, I am now thinking French onion soup with HExB bread and HExA cheese!! I think the infamous Pete did a recipe for French onion soup so will have a look for that!! Brilliant idea!!

Fab! Thank you for this- I will head to Waitrose, think we pass one sometimes in the next town going to work :) I want to make my own Thai curry paste but it isn't the same without Thai basil, so yummy!
I have put French onion soup in my own head now so that's Thursday sorted ;-)
Pete has done one! I think essentially its onions and beef stock with a little thyme if you have some, caramelise the onions for ages then add stock! Some people syn a little flour too.. Xx

Hope everyone's had a good day 2 and here's to Day 3!

DATE: 14 October
DAY 2
PLAN: GET FIT - green day
WATER: 2L
CARBS: Doritos
BODY MAGIC: 30 mins yoga
SYNS: 7.5 - Doritos, 1.5 low fat sausage 1.5 = 9 Syns
SOUP: as yest veg soup (onion, celery, carrots, tinned tomato, cabbage, garlic. seasoning, basil, veg stock (free cos it's water I've saved from boiling veg) BUT added pasta, beans, pepper and sweetcorn to turn it into minestrone.

1.DATE: TUES 14/10/2014 2.CYCLE: The Turbo Cycle 3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: DAY 2 4. PLAN: RED DAY 5. WATER INTAKE: 2.5 Litres 6. CARBS TODAY: NONE 7. BODY MAGIC / EXERCISE: None 8. TOTAL SYNS/ TREAT CALS: 7 syns - aldi mango and passion fruit yoghurt (1) reduced fat coconut milk (3) sesame oil (0.5) benefit bar (2.5) 9. SOUP: Tomato soup ( Chopped tomatoes, red pepper, yellow pepper, pepper, basil ) topped with chicken breast (same as yesterday!!) Spicy Seafood & Tofu Soup (yum!!!!!) Red onion, garlic, mushrooms, spring onions, pak choi, baby courgettes, ginger, lemon grass, thai basil, coriander, chilli, Tabasco , fish stock, fish sauce, soy sauce, prawns, scallops, squid, tofu, 1tsp sesame oil (2 syns), 400ml reduced fat coconut milk (12 syns) overestimating that I have had 1/4 of the pot at 3.5 syns but better to over than underestimate!

Not too sure what carbs I'm going to have tomorrow it being the first day with them "allowed"!! Maybe some cheese on toast to go alongside a soup? What are the rest of you having on green/ee days for your carbs??

lovely on plan food! Regarding carbs I like bread or toast, pasta, oats for magic porage (HEB oats soaked with 0 syn yog and fresh or thawed frozen berries), potatoes, sweet corn, peas.

also SW oaty biscuits made with 1 egg, sweetener and flavouring such as vanilla extract or cinammon & almond extract or with lemon juice and a small amount of the rind - mix together then spoon 4 blobs well spaced on a baking tray lined with grease proof paper, bake for about 20 mins on 200 degrees.

Not all on one day of course!

Love the batch cooking snow! How are you finding the challenge so far? Xx

The batch cooking has made the soup bit really easy (I have four portions of lentil as well as the above portions so I am sorted for soup. I am not finding the red/green hard as I often mix up my days so the hardest part for me is definitely the lower syns and the no carbs as I normally have potatoes for 1 HEB on red. It is good to have a change though and I am enjoying having soup - it's freezing this week so proper soup weather!

The batch cooking has made the soup bit really easy (I have four portions of lentil as well as the above portions so I am sorted for soup. I am not finding the red/green hard as I often mix up my days so the hardest part for me is definitely the lower syns and the no carbs as I normally have potatoes for 1 HEB on red. It is good to have a change though and I am enjoying having soup - it's freezing this week so proper soup weather!

Yes the weather is certainly good for soup! It's been so chilly here in hudds today.
I was thinking today I'd be ok at 'normal' red days but the low carb is difficult- I find butternut squash a good substitute if if helps?
Must batch cook next time- you are so organised :) x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back