Not open for further replies.
1. Date 15th Oct
2. Cycle: Get Fit
3. Day of challenge: 3
4. Plan: Red
5. Water intake: 2L
6. Carbs today: none
7. Body magic: 3 hours cleaning!
8. Total syns: 10 (butter, 1 slice bread, curry paste, strawberry split, marshmallow)
9. Soup: Thai style chicken & veg

My soup was dead easy and so tasty! I just chopped up onion, mushrooms, peppers and sugar snap peas. Sautéed for a few mins, tbsp tesco Thai curry paste (1 syn) then some milk from my Hexa. Simmered while I cooked 2 chicken thighs to shred on top (though I ate loads while the soup simmered lol).

Day off today xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

1. Date 15th Oct
6. Carbs today: none
7. Body magic: none
8. Total syns: 10
9. Soup: beef broth

1. Date: 15th Oct
6. Carbs today: SW muffins
7. Body magic: 30 mins exercise dvd
8. Total syns: 9.5 - quorn burger 0.5 (no bread roll!) oven chips 5.5 - SW blueberry muffin 3.5
9. Soup: leftover veg soup as previously

Well we're nearly halfway thro the week now. Hope everyone's ok? I keep having to check the books on green/red plans - I always do EE!

Last edited:
1. Date 15th Oct
5. Water intake: 2L Green Tea, 1L NAS Squash
6. Carbs today: synned pops
7. Body magic: 20 mins walk
8. Total syns: 10 2 x BBQ pops (5 syns each)
9. Soup: Roasted tomato and garlic

tomato soup.jpg

I knew I could never manage to stick to this if I didn't batch cook Rosie but I'm very pleased I did. I have enough soup for most of another week of challenge haha or it might just be lunches as I probably won't do two weeks in a row. I don't like butternut squash but I have been having roasted carrot and quite liking that so will carry on with that :)

Doing ok thanks upndown, how are you finding the week? This challenge feels so much easier than the salad challenge! What are sw blueberry muffins?!
Your tomato soup looks really flavoursome snow. I hope to make tomato for the weekend- forgot to pick some up at supermarket yesterday.
My stomach feels like its on fire, I think my soup was too spicy lol xx

Well we're nearly halfway thro the week now. Hope everyone's ok? I keep having to check the books on green/red plans - I always do EE!

Me too & made some mistakes thinking things were free when weren't on red!

I have enough soup for most of another week of challenge haha or it might just be lunches as I probably won't do two weeks in a row.

I'm still eating lovely frozen portions of the soups I made during my week on the challenge!

Yum my kind of meal!

Everyone is doing so well and fab inspiration with some scrummy sounding soups :D

Me too & made some mistakes thinking things were free when weren't on red!
Yes know what you mean - I thought I'd 'planned' my day today - even separated food in the fridge - then noticed I'd got free stuff but only on RED days grrr... but noticed before I ate it whew! It's great everyone's doing so well - Kay will be pleased!! You may have seen on her diary that she's ill at the mo - so our good progress will give 'teacher' a lift when she gets back!!

Doing ok thanks upndown, how are you finding the week? This challenge feels so much easier than the salad challenge! What are sw blueberry muffins?!
Your tomato soup looks really flavoursome snow. I hope to make tomato for the weekend- forgot to pick some up at supermarket yesterday.

Here's the muffins recipe:

https://www.slimmingworldusa.com/recipes/blueberry-muffins.aspx

Yes I agree the soup's more filling and it's nicer to have a bowl as a snack than a salad! I love tomato soup sooooooo comforting!! I'm doing ok but getting RED/GREEN mixed up sometimes!!

Ooh thank you very much! Ill keep my eye out for blueberries :) I know what you mean re green/red, green seems easy but red does baffle me at times lol.
It sure is quiet without the bunny, hope she is feeling better soon. Iron deficiency is horrid, makes you feel so weak.
Lets all have a fab week and cheer her up with a big loss!! X

1.DATE: WED 14/10/2014
2.CYCLE: The Turbo Cycle
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: DAY 3
4. PLAN: EE DAY
5. WATER INTAKE: 2.5 Litres
6. CARBS TODAY: Noodles
7. BODY MAGIC / EXERCISE: 60 mins - 2 circuits (40 mins), interval training (20 mins)
8. TOTAL SYNS/ TREAT CALS: 8 syns - reduced fat coconut milk (3) sesame oil (0.5) noodles (1.5) stock (3)
9. SOUP:

Spicy Seafood & Tofu Soup
Red onion, garlic, mushrooms, spring onions, pak choi, baby courgettes, ginger, lemon grass, thai basil, coriander, chilli, Tabasco , fish stock, fish sauce, soy sauce, prawns, scallops, squid, tofu, 1tsp sesame oil (2 syns), 400ml reduced fat coconut milk (12 syns) Had a "quarter" with some Amoy straight to wok noodles (1.5syns) which were my carbs for the day.

Chicken & veg soup ( chicken, chicken stock, green beans, cauliflower, carrots, courgette, cabbage) 3 syns for homemade stock per portion

Unexpected family celebration with evening meal so yesterday will have to be a day off. I had soup x2 but went a little over on syns :(

UPDATE - for THURS 16/10/2014 - DAY 4 OF CHALLENGE :p THE GET FIT CYCLE - DAY 4 Today is a GREEN/EE day. A small amount of carbs are allowed with one meal only. Your Soup must be carb free. Today you must exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes. 2 Litres of water to drink minimum. 10 syns allowed maximum. THE TURBO CYCLE - DAY 4 Today is a RED day. Carbs are not allowed. You must have 2 bowls of Soup in the day. Today you need to do 1 hour of exercise. 2.5 Litres of water to drink min and max. 7 syns maximum.

Just posting this again for anyone who needs to find it quickly today! Always find it handy to have it to hand. How's everyone doing? Were half way there... ( I now have Bon Jovi in my head!)

X

Ah I think some of the fresh made soups look nicer than mine - especially the thai one mmm - I love the look of all the chicken on top and I love spice but the tomato one is really nice. I have made it with roasted chillis in too in the past but it is hard to judge the heat (mainly because I always think that doesn't look like many chillis to the ration of tomatoes and then I up it and end up with super hot soup.) I do red and green days once a week anyway (mostly I am sure I still make the odd mistake) to mix things up so am okay with what I am allowed so most of my low carb struggle has been not being able to use my b's on carbs

Just posting this again for anyone who needs to find it quickly today! Always find it handy to have it to hand. How's everyone doing? Were half way there... ( I now have Bon Jovi in my head!)

X

Ah thanks for that, it's easy to lose track what day we are on!
I'm doing ok I think- how about you?
I now have Bon jovi in my head too haha. Only 3 days to go! Does anyone do any different soups on a weekend? I was thinking I could but getting stuck for a recipe now I've done all my faves x

Ah I think some of the fresh made soups look nicer than mine - especially the thai one mmm - I love the look of all the chicken on top and I love spice but the tomato one is really nice. I have made it with roasted chillis in too in the past but it is hard to judge the heat (mainly because I always think that doesn't look like many chillis to the ration of tomatoes and then I up it and end up with super hot soup.) I do red and green days once a week anyway (mostly I am sure I still make the odd mistake) to mix things up so am okay with what I am allowed so most of my low carb struggle has been not being able to use my b's on carbs

I wonder if its just other people food envy cos I think yours look lovely!
The Thai one was very nice but a little on the hot side for me haha. The tesco paste is nice but the blue dragon one is better I think. I bet chillies are yummy in a tomato- I like a bit of heat esp with this weather. I'm going to wander to the greenhouse and see if there's enough tomatoes.. X

Sulks in , head down not a drop of soup has passed my lips again , ;(
It's all chans fault , the flipping man wants food lol ,
Oh I'm not bothering , I'm at hairdressers tomorrow so can't even get to buy stuff , roll on next week , I'm back at work Tuesday so I can get back to normality hopefully ,
I want to achieve my quarterly challenge at least xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back