NEW Kays Soup Challenge - OCT to MAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi jay no worries hun. I won't know what results I will have from doing it on tHe Monday as I weigh on the weds so won't be any good for me as I won't have the results until the weds :(.
Thanks for the links I will try my own soup challenge from weds to weds lol. Hopefully it will work for me xxx

Just thought if you fancy a challenge - there's a few focussing on weight loss targets - if you've not signed up for one - a few of us are doing this one up to Christmas:-

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...arterly-challenge-welcome-aboard-one-all.html

1. Date: 17th Oct
2. Cycle: Get Fit
3. Day of challenge: 5
4. Plan: Red
5. Water intake: 2L
6. Carbs today: sweets as below
7. Body magic: 45 mins walk
8. Total syns: 10ish I think - kiddies sweet mixture - hope I didn't go over- didn't weigh them grrrr....
9. Soup: that leftover veg soup again - thx goodness that's the last of it - you can have too much of a good thing!

Well it's the weekend - great to have free time - but not so great as I find it harder to stick to the plan! Good luck to us all x

6. Carbs today: rice
7. Body magic: 30 mins walk
8. Total syns: 10
9. Soup: tomato soup

6. Carbs today: rice
7. Body magic: 30 mins walk
8. Total syns: 10
9. Soup: tomato soup

A text book day!

1. Date 17 Oct
2. Cycle Turbo
3. Day of challenge 5
4. Plan red
5. Water intake 2.5 litres
6. Carbs today: none
7. Body magic: 40 mins walking
8. Total syns 12!
9. Soup: vegetable, tom yam with prawns

Didn't manage an hours exercise but seeing as I walked for two hours yesterday, don't feel so bad. Been busy with work - this is the downside of working from home. Hard to get away sometimes

image-2488106041.jpg

Whoops messed this up - can't fully delete - so off to bed

Last edited:
1.DATE: FRI 17/10/2014
2.CYCLE: The Turbo Cycle
3. DAY OF CHALLENGE: DAY 5
4. PLAN: RED DAY
5. WATER INTAKE: 2.5 Litres
6. CARBS TODAY: NONE
7. BODY MAGIC / EXERCISE: 60 mins - 1 circuit (20 mins), chin ups and tricep dips (20 mins), interval training (20 mins)
8. TOTAL SYNS/ TREAT CALS: 7 syns - reduced fat coconut milk (6 sesame oil (1)
9. SOUP:

Spicy Seafood & Tofu Soup
Red onion, garlic, mushrooms, spring onions, pak choi, baby courgettes, ginger, lemon grass, thai basil, coriander, chilli, Tabasco , fish stock, fish sauce, soy sauce, prawns, scallops, squid, tofu, 1tsp sesame oil (2 syns), 400ml reduced fat coconut milk (12 syns) - 2 bowls

Well I have finished the soup now and had definitely over estimated on syns as we got about 8 portions out if it but I like to be consistent so will still show this as 3.5 syns a bowl! Saves me spending my syns on other things...

Last edited:
Hi - if everyone's happy I'll collate the results for the week - if everyone posts their progress as usual on Monday morning or as soon as you're able to. Thought it'd help Kay. Cheers x

UPDATE - for SAT 18/10/2014 - DAY 6 OF CHALLENGE :)

THE GET FIT CYCLE - DAY 6

Today is a GREEN/EE day. You are allowed one carb meal and the other meal must be your carb free Soup. Today you must do 30 mins of exercise minimum. 2 Litres of water to drink minimum. 10 syns allowed maximum.

THE TURBO CYCLE - DAY 6

Today is a GREEN/EE day. You are allowed one carb meal and you must have x2 bowls of Soup.. Today you must exercise for 1 hour. 2.5 Litres of water to drink min and max. 10 syns allowed if you need them

Thanks Charleybar!

UPDATE - SAT 18/10/2014

Hello everyone :),

Sorry I've been AWOL this week, unfortunately I have been unwell so was unable to come on mins and post. I'm back now and ready to update and catch up with you all :D. First of all a big thank you to Linda for volunteering to keep the challenge going whilst I've been off sick, thank you so much hun for your generosity, I really appreciate it :hug99:.

I've just had a chance to go through your posts, you've all done brilliantly on the challenge :D, a big WELL DONE to you all for sticking with it this week, your soups all looked amazing ! :):). Going forward, I am going to be making some changes with updating this thread. The reason for this is I will be starting a full time job very soon so will not be able to update as regularly as I used to and to each individual post. I will pop in during the week to see how everyone is getting on, or if there are any questions that need answering, but I will be doing updates on the weekend only from now on. You will still need to post your daily updates, I will be reading them in the week, to make sure your all on track, or if you need help with anything :).

Right I'm going to post up the schedule for day 7 now. Regarding the challenge for this coming week, W/B Monday 20th Oct, I did leave a post but I've seen no names have been added. I don't know whether that's because no one saw the post or generally people want to take a break this week, which is fine too. What I will do is, I will post up the list again for the challenge to start on Monday 20th. If by tomorrow I have at least 4 names I will run it this week, if not we will take a weeks break and I will run the next one on Monday 27th October :D. If you would like to go onto week 2 of the challenge then please remember to sign up your name by tomorrow ;).

I am going to be around tomorrow to post updates that you will need to read before your weigh in on Monday :). On Monday I will be doing the results spreadsheet for everyone and am looking forward to it :p.

If you have any questions about the challenge this week, I am around today and tomorrow, just post them on here and I will try my best to answer them asap.

Good luck for the weekend, stay strong, only 2 days to left, Whoop ! :D Your nearly there :p. Can't wait to see all your results on Monday. Have a lovely weekend everyone and speak soon :):).

Kay xx

UPDATE - for SUN 19/10/2014 - DAY 7 - LAST DAY OF CHALLENGE :clap:

THE GET FIT CYCLE - DAY 7

Today is a RED Day. No carbs are allowed. You must have protein and fibre in your meals. You must have one Soup as a maincourse for the day. Today is a Rest Day, no exercise.. 2 Litres of water to drink minimum. 10 syns allowed maximum.

THE TURBO CYCLE - DAY 7

Today is a RED day. No carbs are allowed. You must eat protein and fibre only. You must have x2 bowls of Soup (carb free) today. Today is a Rest Day, no exercise. 2.5 Litres of water to drink min and max. 7 syns allowed maximum

The Soup Challenge W/B Mon 20th October 2014 :D:D:D

If you would like to join The Soup Challenge W/B Monday 20th October, please copy paste this post and add your name below ;) :-

Here is how everyone did on the challenge previously :p:p

Kay xx

UPDATE -SAT 18/10/2014

All of you who are weighing Monday morning, please can you confirm back to me if I have your details correct for the results spreadsheet for Monday. Thank you.

Kay xx

NAME / NUMBER OF DAYS ON CHALLENGE
- CHARLEYBAR - 7
- DAISYBELL18 - 6
- JOSEPHSMUMMY - 7
- ROSIEPOPS - 6
- SNOWBRYNEICH - 6
- UPNDOWN - 7

Last edited:
The Soup Challenge W/B Mon 20th October 2014 :D:D:D http://www.minimins.com/attachments...ays-soup-challenge-oct-mar-images7ld0m6be.jpg If you would like to join The Soup Challenge W/B Monday 20th October, please copy paste this post and add your name below ;) :- Here is how everyone did on the challenge previously :p:p http://www.minimins.com/attachments...e-oct-mar-soup-challenge-results-29-10-14.png Kay xx

Hi Kay

I'll be taking a week off this week from the challenge and just be following normal slimming world.

Thanks, Charlotte :)

Hello I took a day off yesterday due to going way over on syns but back on it today. Between the syns and * week I may not have a very good result for you on Monday but we'll see.

Hi jay no worries hun. I won't know what results I will have from doing it on tHe Monday as I weigh on the weds so won't be any good for me as I won't have the results until the weds :(.
Thanks for the links I will try my own soup challenge from weds to weds lol. Hopefully it will work for me xxx

Hello lovely :), sorry you weren't able to join the challenge with us. I understand that your preference is to start on your individual group weigh in day. Unfortunately for me if everyone started on individual days then its more work for me to gather all the results for different days. This way I can manage it all on one day, on a Monday. This challenge only works if you have a pair of home scales to use to weigh yourself (which I've mentioned in the guidelines). The other reason for making everyone start on the same day is so when your all doing day 2 or day 3 at the same time, your experiencing the same things together and can share that with one another. If someone is on day 5 and the other one is doing day 2, it makes it less relatable . Doing the weigh in together on Monday makes it more fun when we all come together, that's why I haven't allowed for group weigh in results to be discussed on this thread, we only discuss our Monday weigh in results and share our success as a group :):).

I hope this has helped explain my reason otherwise I would have loved to have you on board with us ;). I'm glad the thread has inspired you and wish you lots of luck on your journey hun.

Kay xx

Hi Kay

I'll be taking a week off this week from the challenge and just be following normal slimming world.

Thanks, Charlotte :)

Ok hun, I will hold out until tomorrow if any more names come up otherwise I will run it the following week, thanks for getting back to me. Well done on a fantastic week lovely ! Am I right you did the full 7 days this week ? I need to know for the results spreadsheet on Monday ;).

Kay xx

*EDITED - Sorry hun a big thank you from me for posting up the daily schedules for everyone while I was off, I really appreciate it :hug99: xx

Last edited:
Hello I took a day off yesterday due to going way over on syns but back on it today. Between the syns and * week I may not have a very good result for you on Monday but we'll see.

Hello hun :), oh no to syns :eek::D, nevermind lovely it happens to all of us. Just drink plenty of fluids to wash it away and try and get some body magic in if you can, lower syns and carbs to pull back if you can manage it :), just do your best and I'm sure you'll still see a loss on Monday. Your soups have been fab by the way hun. Would love to see you back with us again on the next challenge :p.

Kay xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back