New kid on the block ?

Hi all

This is my first post. I started Atkins about 2 weeks ago and followed it quite strictly and have lost 3.8kg. I will be continuing on Induction this week and possibly next week. I currently weigh 76 kg and am 5'5 in height.

I feel great but I feel like I am a slave to the scale currently. Am addicted to it. Felt really tired these past couple of days. Did anyone else have this in induction?

Hello, am on day 4. Luckily i don't have scales at home, I go to the chemist to do it lol if I did I know i would be on them every half a hour. Try and restrain though the reward will be bigger the longer you leave it :)

You're off to a fab start!! Good luck xx

I have a hard time not weighing myself every time I have a wee wee. The body weight fluctuates throughout the day though and a change even by 1lb has sent me flying for the chocolate so I try to be more strict with the scales. When I feel my energy slump I have a coffee and a wee protein-y snack. Half a tin of tuna or something and a load of water. Or just have a nap! Trust me, the energy levels sort themselves out. You're doing so well, keep up the good work! :D

Good idea Blackrose, protein snacks. I'm so tempted to get some of these Atkin bars everyone's raving about as I'm starting to dream of chocolate.

Guys

Thanks so much for the support. I am sure the energy levels will pick up. I am trying to focus on the way my clothes fit so hopefully I can stay off the scales.

Weird thing is nobody has noticed the weight loss yet except my hubby and he might just be saying do to be nice:)

There is a colleague at work who said I had a fat a**. And that was really tough for me today. I know I am overweight but by no means am I huge and even if I was what right does that give anyone to make those statements.

Anyways sorry guys just had to vent. Feeling a little demotivated.

Guys

Thanks so much for the support. I am sure the energy levels will pick up. I am trying to focus on the way my clothes fit so hopefully I can stay off the scales.

Weird thing is nobody has noticed the weight loss yet except my hubby and he might just be saying do to be nice:)

There is a colleague at work who said I had a fat a**. And that was really tough for me today. I know I am overweight but by no means am I huge and even if I was what right does that give anyone to make those statements.

Yeah well, that colleague has a fat head! You are losing the weight but they will always be stupid!
Humph, reaches for soap box. :mad:

Hi Snazzy and welcome, I understand the scale addiction, I was a scaleaholic back in the day, the tiredness is quite common on the first week of Atkins, it sounds like a milder version of Atkins flu

Guys

What delightful colleagues you have!

I hope you retaliated with at LEAST a couple of 'Yo Momma' jokes mind???

Hehe

@Jim,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I feel a bit better today. It's almost 2pm and I am still feeing good. Resisted the urge to weigh last night, but then weighed again this morning. Me next goal is to try not to weigh myself until Tuesday next week so wish me luck.

@Leanne, feeling much better today. How are you today? I need to start diarising what I've eaten

Thats a great start!
I did / do have bouts of tiredness, depending on how much I eat!

xxxxxxxx

Back