New Life, New Journey, New ME- New Goal !

O crap crap crappity crap !
Just realised its TOTM next week which is probably going to derail my plan to reach goal.
Its not fair :cry:

Hello Farmgirl, just had a read through your last few posts. You are doing soooo well! Wow, can't believe you're almost at goal. You must be thrilled. :)
I hope those last few pounds come off really quickly for you.
Have a lovely weekend. :D

Happy New Year everyone :D
Didn't get to goal before xmas due to TOTM but not really bothered as still looked a hell of a lot better than I used to.
Even had a date :eek: and we got on really well (and still are ;)) and I would never have had the confidence before my weight loss so gave myself a pat on the back :D
Ok, I have decided to drop my target weight to 9 st but not giving myself any deadlines.
I am back working with my lovely boss in London and will be here for another 6 weeks so hoping to have shifted a few lbs by then.
I started easing myself back into it by doing CD and nibbling chicken/meat but this morning decided to stop mucking about and get on with it properly so am on SS. I will start with 4 products, though, until I feel mentally able to go to 3.
I put on 6 lbs over xmas (and enjoyed every mouthful :p) so am hoping they go quite quickly as seeing the scales go down gives me a real boost.
My long term plan is to get really fit and healthy so I have had my first yoga lesson to try and regain some suppleness.
If the yoga helps sort out my back I would like to start running again but will probably wait until I have lost most of my weight and go up the plans so I can have more calories.
The first 6 months of last year were the worst of my life, and the last 6 were the best so hoping this year is a bit more 'stable' and full of good things, but I know if it is, it is up to me to make it happen.
I am feeling strong and positive and hope all of you feel the same way :)
Good luck everyone xxx

Hi Farmgirl, happy new year to you too!

You are doing so well, so good luck on your restart. Well done on only putting on 6lbs over Christmas. I'm sure you'll reach goal in no time. Hope 2011 is a brilliant year for you.

Catch up soon. :D x

Thanks Tess, glad to see you back on track. We will get there !!!
Just got through day 2 of SS without any real problem but tummy starting to rumble so glad its bedtime :)
I am def going to stick to SS to lose this weight asap as, after swearing off men for a long time, have actually met someone very nice. Its a bit odd after being with the same person for 11 yrs, but he is so much nicer and kinder than the ex and we are taking things VERY slowly.
However, no matter how I drag my heels, eventually we are prob going to end up naked and the thought scares me silly. Even though I am a respectable size 12/14 I will still feel very self conscious so any extra lb lost is going to help massively. God, its worse than being a teenager again :rolleyes:;) !!! (I'm 43 :eek:)
I'll have to try not to think about it and worry about it if and when it happens.
xxx

End of day 3 SS and doing well. Travelled home for 48 hrs off so kept busy which really helps.
Love having my shakes warm, with coffee added to those early in the day, or choc tetras frozen but seem to have gone off soups for now.
Back in ketosis so happy about that as it really adds to motivation.
Going for lunch date tomorrow (not thinking about bad breath :() so will be looking for a protein option and hoping to resist any temptation, but scales are heading in the right direction so don't want to ruin things.
wish me luck xxx
xxx

End of day 4 and still being good :D
I was spared having to make a healthy lunch option as date cancelled due to stomach bug. As I don't really know him that well yet my first thought was that he was giving me the brush off.
My second thought was to eat a tin of rice pudding to make me feel better :(
It was an instant response to stress but I am making an effort to think about why and when I comfort eat so I spotted it straight away and managed to resist.
I decided to keep busy so went to stables to spend time with my horses. I managed to spend some quality time with all 3, and got some really lovely horsey cuddles in return and was out in healthy fresh air all day ( with no access to any food ;)).
My ultimate dream is to be able to ride my horse galloping along the beach, with no saddle and bridle. This will take lots of work with the horses, but also I have to be fit and supple so my weight is an integral part of it all. I also don't want any pictures or videos to be spoilt by excess blubber so I am really hoping my will power will last another 2 months which should see me at goal (if I don't cheat :p)
Hope you are getting over the Christmas feasting xxx

Just finished day 5 SS so pretty pleased with myself.
I had decided that if I needed it I would have a 4th CD product and was heading for my 4th tonight but baby I'm looking after has had her vaccinations today so she is tired and grumpy and needed holding most of the evening so I had no chance for last shake. Maybe I should hire her out as a diet aid :D
Just tried the new maple and pecan porridge. Can't say It tasted very much like maples or pecans but it was very nice.
Almost ordered some more bars but they are so nice I know I will just eat them all like last time (ate 4 in one go and was jet propelled for the whole night :eek:) so no bars for now.
Monday will be my weigh in (actually 10 days) so hoping for a good loss.
xx

Just finishing day 6 SS and on 3 products. Felt very empty and tired this morning but was up lots in the night with baby.Made sure I drank lots and had 1st product early, at 12, and started to feel better.
I think things got easier on this diet when I found which shakes were nice hot, and that I could freeze tetras. Actually really enjoy most of my products now.
My boss is Ethiopian and it is there Christmas day tomorrow. I have been invited to one of their friends for Christmas dinner which is very kind but I am going to try and get out of it as I am just getting into the swing of SS again, scales are going in the right direction and I don't want to lose momentum.
Have been told we will prob have to go to South Africa for 10 days beginning of Feb but I think we will stay with friends of theirs so it should be easier to stay on track.
Hope everyone is doing ok xxx

Day 7 SS and was VERY tired and weak this morning. I don't normally have my 1st shake until 12 ish and maybe today I should have had something earlier to give me a boost but I am addicted to seeing the scales go down that I didn't want to risk starting eating early then having to have an extra product.
Weigh in is tomorrow so wish me luck for something nice for my first week back SS.
Am starting to think about roast chicken again (always seems to be the thing I crave most) but have decided I can't have any until I get to 9st 12, then I'll see how desperate I am.
10st is the next massive barrier as I haven't been below that for 12 yrs so very excited as I'm getting closer :D
xxx

Hi Farmgirl, hope you feel better soon. You are doing amazingly well. Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow. Can't wait to see how you do. Have a good evening. x :)

8lbs gone :D:D:D
Thats the 6lbs I gained over Christmas plus 2 of fat so VERY happy with that :D
I was desperate to eat something last night (not hungry) but managed to resist.
Was so pleased at the weigh in and am determined to keep going.
It is now 12 yrs since I have been this weight and just 1 more lb will take me below the 10st barrier. I know its only 1 lb but mentally, to be in the 9's will be amazing. Can't quite believe I am doing this and it is hard, but its working :D
Felt so empty this morning that I almost couldn't straighten up, but drank lots of water and had my first shake (capp, hot, with coffee) at 10am to make sure I had enough energy to do my job properly.
Also, as a treat, my boss bought me a starbucks skinny latte with sweeteners which was gorgeous.
Have a good weekend everyone :wavey:

wow! pleased for you FG.

Managed ok today and had 3 products plus a teaspoon of philadelphia light :D My boss was ordering takeaway and asked if I wanted anything but I said I was being saintly so no thanks and the philadelphia was my consolation when I smelt their crispy duck :(
I lost really well last week and its not surprising the scales stayed the same today after 8lbs gone in 1 week but I REALLY want to get to the 9's so am trying to resist temptation and be good in the hope that tomorrow might show more loss. I know, I'm greedy :p
Baby was troublesome last night so very tired today and, with diet, was pretty much running on empty so relied on caffeine. I got lots done including a business planning session with my boss who gave me some great advice so now my brain is exhausted too (but in a good way).
I now have to wait another hour and a half before babies last feed of the day and don't know how to occupy myself because I'm too tired to do anything, but longing for bedtime. See you all tomorrow
xxx

I'm in the 9's !!! :D:D
Finally !!!
I have hard a trying 3 days waiting for the 1 lb loss that would take me below 10st for the first time in 12 years.
I was trying to be good but my boss went and bought roast chicken, salami, ham, pastrami and brie :( She knows that if I am desperate I can eat protein so she was really pleased that she had remembered and got me such lovely food.
If I'm doing SS I can be strong enough to not buy the food so its not in the house but once I know its there It calls to me all the time.
I managed to eat 2/3 products and then had to have some food in the evenings but tried not to eat much and, finally, today the scales told me I am 9st 13 so am REALLY happy :D
It is now my main goal NEVER to go into the 10's again. I want that part of my life to be over with for ever !!
I would like to lose another lb before saturdays weigh in but I know its unlikely, still, you never know :p
Hope everyone is doing well xxx

wooohoooo!!! so pleased for you. are you living in your boss's house? do you get time off FG or get to go home? I suppose these bosses must be pretty rich to have you there?

I love newborns so think you have a great job, but it must be exhausting!

Thanks Leeds :D (I'm still grinning)
Yes, I live in the nursery with my little pal. She is 4 months old so older than I normally look after, but they are a lovely family so happy to stay a while longer.
I get 1 day off 1 week and 2 the next week. When I have 2 days off I go back (from London) to cheshire to see my cats, parrot and horses.
It is hard not being home much but I am still trying to recover financially from split with ex so have to just get on with it for a few months.
At least this boss is supportive of my diet so I have had a good 3 months to crack on with losing the weight.
I still can't believe I am in the 9's (just wish I didn't feel like celebrating by eating pizza :eek:) Old habits :rolleyes:
I will def be good though as I would love to see 9st 12 soon :D
xxx

Weigh in today and I've lost 3lbs :D
I can't believe it !
I weigh myself every day to keep an eye on progress and weight stayed the same for 4 days then I lose 3 lbs in 3 days.
Sounds silly but when I saw 9st 11 I gave my belly a pat and said well done, thank you :eek:
Something else happened last night. I usually have to have bubbles in my bath so I can't see my body but last night I had run out so just had water and didn't mind :)
I could look at my body and not feel disgusted and I just can't remember when I last felt that.
It is so worth the struggle to stay on CD and am really starting to believe that I might actually reach 9st.
I had a packet of oak smoked ham yesterday as needed 'something' and realised that it was only 135 cals, with just a trace of carb and hardly any fat so it took me to just under 600 cals. It felt very satisfying so will maybe keep some in the fridge as emergency rations.
If my boss sees I have some protein hopefully she will not feel the need to buy me some, especially as she buys me salami and brie !! (yummy, but higher fat and very moreish).
Going to treat myself today and have whatever protein I want. This way I can feel good but stay in ketosis (which is the only yhing keeping me from eating bread).
Have a good weekend everyone :)
xxx

OOPS ! Just fell headfirst into a tin of biscuits and the only way to save myself was to eat my way out :eek: (nomnomnom):whistle:

Back