New Life, New Journey, New ME- New Goal !

Glad to see you're doing so well :)

I agree with Tessie, it may be a good idea to find a CDC where you are, and then he/she can stay in touch with your regular CDC. Make sure to ask for prices though, as I have heard of CDCs in LOndon charging more for their products (London being so much more expensive, it is understandable).

What a lovely boss you have! And what an interesting job! I didn't know it existed. I bet many young mums on here would love to have a maternity nurse 24/7 :D How does that work though? Do you have any time off during the day?

Hi Elie, thanks for popping by.
It is def interesting but can be tiring sometimes.
I am on duty 24hrs a day, 6 days a week (though I often work 14 days then go home for 3), but I can sleep when baby sleeps, and I have 2 hrs off per day (sometimes not possible if baby difficult or mum ill etc).
As we speak I am sitting on my bed typing with a sleeping baby draped over my shoulder :)
The main problem I find is that my job can involve very busy, stressful times followed by boredom when baby is asleep, chores are done or someone else has baby. Then I start thinking of eating and I am in the middle of London with lots of lovely food shops all around !!!!
My lovely boss has said she will get her bathroom scales out of storage at the weekend so might be able to weigh myself to keep me motivated :D
I'm just popping over to your diary to see how you are getting on x

I can imagine boredom being a problem, especially when you're not in your home. At least at home, you can watch any dvd you want, go out, call a friend, etc. Not always possi when you are in another person's house!

Your boss seems very understanding and helpful :D

Still SS and, although feel like boredom eating at times I am not giving in.
I have found a couple of local CDC's so will ring tomorrow to try and arrange more supplies of tetras and bars.
I am very pleased with my losses so far and can see with my own eyes that I am wearing size 12-14 jeans, and have much less gut. I can see that I am fitting into my old jumpers and shirts, again, size 14.
Why then, when in M&S (the lovely big one at marble arch) do I keep reaching for size 16's and 18's ?????
Its as if, somehow, I can't believe I am actually changing.
I wanted some new work tops as I was still wearing my big, frumpy old stuff and don't want to be that person anymore. Whilst looking sexy is not appropriate in my job, there were some really smart, stylish, colourful tops but I just kept putting them back, not daring to buy them. What is wrong with me ???
I did force myself to buy some sixe 14 knicks, and a beautifully soft, pretty size 14 nightie but didn't really believe they would fit.
I tried them on when I got back to the house, and they FITTED. I was sooo pleased but astonished.
Really need to get my head sorted out.
I think I will go back and take the time to try on all the pretty tops in 14 and see how they look.
I've also seen a beautiful coat with a fantastic round collar in bright turquoise and want it very much. I think that will be my goal reward :D
I am so sick of hiding behind baggy black clothes that I am going to go beserk with colour, and fitted clothes when I reach goal :D:D:D
xxx

Hi Farmgirl! Well done, Hon. You are doing so amazingly well! I can't wait to get to a size 14. I think it will take time to really "see" yourself slimmer. Your brain has to catch up, I think. I'm sure I will be the same when I get there. Definitely go back and try out those tops. I'm sure you will be delighted.
Have a good evening. x :)

Have been plagued by lovely cooking smells today so phoned my CDC and asked her 'if I absolutely have to eat something what should I eat ?' and she gave me a list and talked things over with me so am now armed to deal with that situation if it arises.
I also looked on the internet and found the nearest CDC to me in London and she turns out to be a very frindly, helpful, poledancing granny and lots of fun !
She does home visits and is coming over tomorrow with lots of tetras and bars so that I have no excuse to cheat just because it is not convenient to go and make porridge, shake, or soup.
She is also bringing her scales so I can find out if I am in the 10 st something range yet. (pray for me :D)
Sometimes, in this job, I am asked to go with the family if they have a wedding to go to, to help with the baby etc. I did it once and hated it. I was too fat for all my nice clothes and could only find a baggy brown skirt and a baggy, yellow linen tunic top. I looked liked an old sack !!!:mad::mad: It was made worse by the fact that it was a 'society wedding' full of skinny, rich, stylish women and smart men. I wanted to die :( and since then have flatly refused any job involving dressing up and mingling.
Today my lovely boss asked me if I would go with them to a wedding in 4 weeks time. My immediate reaction was to panic and start thinking of excuses, but then caught myself.
I realised that I already look 10 times better than I did before and that I will have something decent to wear amongst my size 14 stuff.
I said yes so am now def comitted to being good :p
I still have 4 weeks so will try really hard and lose as much as I can.
The sad thing is that it has been so long since I could fit into my smaller clothes that I have forgotten what I have. Still, it could be fun going rumaging.

Have been plagued by lovely cooking smells today so phoned my CDC and asked her 'if I absolutely have to eat something what should I eat ?' and she gave me a list and talked things over with me so am now armed to deal with that situation if it arises.
I also looked on the internet and found the nearest CDC to me in London and she turns out to be a very frindly, helpful, poledancing granny and lots of fun !
She does home visits and is coming over tomorrow with lots of tetras and bars so that I have no excuse to cheat just because it is not convenient to go and make porridge, shake, or soup.
She is also bringing her scales so I can find out if I am in the 10 st something range yet. (pray for me :D)
Sometimes, in this job, I am asked to go with the family if they have a wedding to go to, to help with the baby etc. I did it once and hated it. I was too fat for all my nice clothes and could only find a baggy brown skirt and a baggy, yellow linen tunic top. I looked liked an old sack !!!:mad::mad: It was made worse by the fact that it was a 'society wedding' full of skinny, rich, stylish women and smart men. I wanted to die :( and since then have flatly refused any job involving dressing up and mingling.
Today my lovely boss asked me if I would go with them to a wedding in 4 weeks time. My immediate reaction was to panic and start thinking of excuses, but then caught myself.
I realised that I already look 10 times better than I did before and that I will have something decent to wear amongst my size 14 stuff.
I said yes so am now def comitted to being good :p
I still have 4 weeks so will try really hard and lose as much as I can.
The sad thing is that it has been so long since I could fit into my smaller clothes that I have forgotten what I have. Still, it could be fun going rumaging.

Hi Farmgirl, glad to hear things are going well. You made me laugh with your description of the poledancing granny! LMAO. It's good that she does home visits though and I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you to get into the 10's.
I can totally relate about feeling fat and frumpy at weddings. The last wedding I went to was also filled with gorgeous slim women and I felt so uncomfortable. My friends getting married in June next year and I want to look really good and wear a nice dress. My little girl is going to be flower girl, so it will be very special.

Anyway, hope you have a lovely evening. Let us know how it goes with your poledancing granny CDC!:p;) x

:clap:Well, my temp CDC came over today and was fantastic. She has lost masses of weight and is a great example and very helpful.
I now have lost of supplies so no excuse for cheating. I thought that I could only have peanut and cranberry bars but now have all the other flavours so am looking forward to trying them. Had a caramel chewy bar and loved it so can't wait until tomorrow for the next flavour.
I got weighed and......have lost 4lbs in 5 days so am very happy, plus, this puts me at 10st 12 !!! I have waited 11 yrs to be in the tens :clap::clap::clap: and can't quite believe it.
That is the weird thing about this diet...it keeps on proving to me that it def works, and my weight goes down steadily, yet I still find myself either doubting a loss or being surprised ??? I suppose I have struggled with my weight for so long that it is just habit :confused:
Keep on trying everyone xxx

I know I can be a bit slow sometimes but just looked at my ticker and I have lost almost 2 st and am 2 thirds of the way to goal :D
Quite a nice feeling :D

Hi Farmgirl :D

just sat and read through the whole thread, what a time youve had recently and to do cdiet at a time like that- you are a very strong women. i really wish you the best of luck on reaching your target weight and as for getting into the 10's i would kill to get into them :8855:you make sure you enjoy it for the both of us until i get there ;)

nicci x

:clap:Well, my temp CDC came over today and was fantastic. She has lost masses of weight and is a great example and very helpful.
I now have lost of supplies so no excuse for cheating. I thought that I could only have peanut and cranberry bars but now have all the other flavours so am looking forward to trying them. Had a caramel chewy bar and loved it so can't wait until tomorrow for the next flavour.
I got weighed and......have lost 4lbs in 5 days so am very happy, plus, this puts me at 10st 12 !!! I have waited 11 yrs to be in the tens :clap::clap::clap: and can't quite believe it.
That is the weird thing about this diet...it keeps on proving to me that it def works, and my weight goes down steadily, yet I still find myself either doubting a loss or being surprised ??? I suppose I have struggled with my weight for so long that it is just habit :confused:
Keep on trying everyone xxx

Hi Hon, sorry I haven't been around for the last couple of days. Just catching up now. Wow, well done on your weightloss! I also lost 4lbs in 5 days!!:D Can only dream about getting into a size 10 at the moment though. You are doing so well. You should be really proud of yourself.
As for the bars... I could NOT survive without the choc chewy bar. It is divine! Enjoy all the experimenting and have a good day. :)

Hi Farmgirl, Just reading thro' your diary and was transfixed by your determination and the fact that despite your bad start with the OH you still manage to keep a happy attitude. Absolutely fantastic weight loss - looks like you soon get to your goal and wouldn't mind betting that you feel great just eating the wholesome foods instead of a lot of rubbish and too much at that.
Will be popping back to get some of those vibes :D
Love the horses.

You're doing amazingly well! I hope to follow in your footsteps!

Well done farmgirl! Tessie is right, your brain will need a bit of time to adjust :) Also, did you remember to take pictures of yourself? It should help with realising how much you've lost :D

Hi Hon, just checking in on you to make sure you're ok? Hope to hear from you soon. x

Its been a bit of a mixed week. I've had some good days but went mad for my new chewy bars and ate too many (def not a good idea due to the accompanying gale force winds !).
My lovely boss and her mother in law then misunderstood what I had been saying about beoing able to eat fish and white meat and went out especially and bought fresh salmon as a special treat because I have been so dedicated to CD.
To refuse to eat it would have been like kicking the Andrex puppy so I ate the meal (including potatos) and knocked myself out of ketosis :(
I am so regretting doing it as I was on a roll, and have gone back to square 1 of feeling hungry again.
I couldn't resist buying a set of scales for whilst I am working here in London as seeing the scales go down every couple of days really helps to motivate me.
I will weigh myself tomorrow morning but am not expecting anything great.
Having said that, I am in a really good mood. My job is lovely and I am going home to my cats and horses for 48hrs off from mid day friday.
Hope you are all doing well ? Wish me some sort of positive result for tomorrow xxx

Hi Farmgirl, yeah I read about your ummmm side affects! ;)

Hon, you're doing fantastically well. Don't worry about your little blip. I'm sure you'll be able to get back on track in no time. Good luck with your weigh in. Keep us posted, ok!
Chat soon. x

Thanks Tess :)
Well, I lost 1 lb which is ok, but am kicking myself for mucking around.
I REALLY want to lose 2-3lb per week so am going to go back to just shakes, soups, tetras and porridge, as in the first 2 weeks of CD.
This was when I really got into the zone and lost most weight so am going all out for 100% SS for 1 week. That should be enough to see a decent loss and get me motivated again so continuing should be easier.
My lovely boss has just been out and bought me a very expensive scented candle Sweet Fig and it really does smell of fig.
I go home tomorrow for 2 days off and can't wait to get back to my little cottage, my sanctuary from the world.
I am looking forward to the welcome from my cats and horses, and seeing my little foal go out to play for the first time since she injured her leg.She is an arabian horse and they move with such grace and elegance that it is pure pleasure to watch.
I am looking forward to my wonderful memory foam matress and my silky egyptian cotton bedding and the first full nights sleep for 11 days HURRAY ( I really love my bed :D)
I am going to light my new candle, have a really long bath, and exfoliate and moisturise my whole body as a treat :)

Wow, you do have a nice boss :D

And I really like your idea of pampering yourself. I started doing that, after many years of just neglecting my body, and it is doing me the world of good. :D

I live in the countryside too, but not in a lovely little cottage (Maybe one day, who knows!) and we have a lot of horses around. A pity I am a little bit scared of them :eek: as my sister tells me there is nothing more relaxing than going horse riding in the countryside.

It's great that you're back a 100% but I agree that you did well to accept the meal your boss prepared for you. It would have put you in an awkward situation, and to be honest, it could have been worse than fish and potatoes :)

Back