New Mag recipe review

maypole

loves to eat
I made the med tray bake yesterday. Followed the recipe to the letter & after 20 mins in the oven (which is what the recipe said) the spuds where still raw & the chicken wasn't fully cooked so I put back in for about another 30 mins & it was cooked but looked nothing like the picture! My advice would be to pre cook your spuds

what else has everyone made? I'm going to try the one pot chicken thing on monday

I've done this sort of tray bake before and always par boil the spuds and cook the chicken for longer.

Last week we had:-
  • Pork & Cider hotpot - very nice
  • Bacon wrapped chicken with cheese - very nice
  • BLT Burger, not so nice it lacked seasoning & just wasn't a burger, but then again I'm not really a big meat eater & would usually have just chicken or pork.
  • Welsh onion cake, I enjoyed this but OH didn't
  • Egg & gammon loaf - very nice, OH doesn't like peppers so we put in spinach & cabbage, which worked well.
  • Sweet chilli pork - not too sure about this one, it was ok.
  • Tonight I'm trying the garlic chicken;)

• Pork & Cider hotpot - very nice
  • BLT Burger, not so nice it lacked seasoning & just wasn't a burger, but then again I'm not really a big meat eater & would usually have just chicken or pork.
  • Welsh onion cake, I enjoyed this but OH didn't
  • Egg & gammon loaf - very nice, OH doesn't like peppers so we put in spinach & cabbage, which worked well.
  • Sweet chilli pork - not too sure about this one, it was ok.
  • Tonight I'm trying the garlic chicken;)

Let me know on the garlic chicken please? x

Am fancying trying the welsh onion cake - looks lovely

I had the prawn linguine tonight - very simple and quick to make, and pretty nice.

Tried the eton mess too - it came out a bit runnier than the photos suggest, but was tasty, although definitely only for the very sweet toothed!

I've got as whole chicken defrosting the fridge for tomorrow so going to use that but good to know it was nice

hi, i made the cauliflower curry and it was lovely, like to try and have a veggie based lunch, i love the garlic chicken, use to make it all the time, going to do it for sunday lunch next week:D

OH cooked me the Beef Wellington and Eaton Mess last night, both of which I found to be delicious.

I've tried a few more things from the mag :)

Pasta primavera - very simple to make and tasted fine, though not very exciting. Nice to have a pasta sauce that's not tomato-based for a change though!
Lentil pie - very yummy! Made a nice hearty meal, and a good veggie alternative to shepherd's pie.
Lamb and spinach curry - delicious!
Mexican bake - lots of flavour, very enjoyable. I had half a butternut squash left so I bunged that in and halved the amount of potato, which worked well.
Greek-style lamb casserole - absolutely delicious. The boyfriend made very happy noises while eating, lmao.
Cauliflower and potato curry - I cooked this for 40 mins instead of the 20-25 suggested and it was only just cooked, even though I cut the potato up very small. Tasted pretty boring as well - pretty flavourless. Would put more spices in if I made again (but won't - have nicer curry recipes to choose from!)

we did these, added mushroom and red onion to the egg loaf, that was fantastic

but the chicken is to die for.

Back