New me 2012

Jane23

Hi everyone after a short stint at lighter life last year i'm back and ready to start again and this time get to the finish line.

I sort of lurked around the site soaking up everyone success stories making the odd post, this time i have decided to get the all the support i can.

I was doing really well on the diet i'd hit 40yrs lost 18lb then disaster!!!! I'd been separated from my husband for 9mths and decided enough was enough i could never see myself living with him again, started divorce proceedings, and even though i knew it was the right thing to do it was heart renching, scary suddenly all the confidence i'd gained was lost but managed to maintain weight although did not drop anymore. Then at the beginning of December my dad was diagnosed with bowel cancer suddenly i did not know where to turn. Well guess what it was food and wine.

Well i'm back 12lb on, decree nisci was issued yesterday but best of all my dad cancer has not spread and they are going for a cure he has just started chemo and radio therpy to shrink the tumour before operating.

Life is too short to be un happy this is my year to sort everything out. The more un happy i am the more i use food and wine to help but i know it makes things worse. My ex was controlling and has always been super fit and being over weight was my way of standing up to him.Well i'm getting rid of this weight along with other baggage and instead of being a lurker i have decided to get involved and write my own diary.

I went back to class last night, today has been easy so far but i have not got to my rocky 9pm time, after my 2 lovely children are in bed.

Jane x

Good luck, Jane! You did very well to maintain previously in spite of some very difficult circumstances. I use food and wine too... Had a big blip over Christmas. Anyway, best of luck and I'm sure you'll do it!

Good luck with your journey. Doesn't sound like you have too much to shift so should get it off quickly xx

Thanks Jenm hopefully I'll get in the rhythm like you soon x

Yesterday ok until about 10pm when I really wanted to eat something so went to bed with a book. It's my danger time I could blow the whole thing in that last hr. roll on ketosis please.

day 2 pint of water while drying my hair made hot chocolate with coffee in travel mug warmer to have at the side of football pitch watching son play under 8 football, they won really exciting match struggled with needing the loo (cold and all the water ) Then straight to rugby training luckily in January it is in door with toilet facilities ! Saturday mornings so hectic.

Made lunch for kids while I had my curry soup , I love it it's my favourite, I know I'm weird ha, won't say what kids had but if I was not in the zone I would have caved in with the smell.

Water water water peppermint tea and water now until dinner going to try shepherds pie, tried the chilli last time hated it.

The great thing about this diet in the first few days is that I get so many jobs done trying to take my mind off food and hunger I'm like a whirling dervish done all the hoovering already might even attempt to clean the car this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a great day out in the sunshine x x

Well I tried the shepherds pie let's just say wont b rushing to get another.

Day 4 how come i'm still struggling thinking about food and wine when I'm full in ketosis. :-( Only ever had a drink fri and sat so why thinking about it on a Monday. Well I can't crack as no wine in the house ha

I've had yet another bath (water bill going to be sky high). Painted nails red get me you won't believe the piss taking that will cause tomorrow. Not a girly girl at work as spend all my time in safety boots and not worth painting nails till a Thursday night (don't work Friday) but needed to fill some time.

Hope tomorrow food thought free night everyone x

Hi Jane, just found your diary. It sounds like you have had a rough few months. But your diet diet will be the start of a new you. Also the best thing you can do for your dad is show that you are looking after your health - he will really appreciate having a happy healthy daughter to help him through the rough times.

My Mum died of cancer (she lived in NZ so i couldn't be there for her) and I know that the ups and downs are horrible. But it sounds like you have had some positive news regarding his health and this is a great thing.

So nows the time to really concentrate on you. You are going to do fine.

Good luck. I love the shep pie - yum yum... but curry soup is vile. Funny how we are all different!

Back