new mums & mums to be !!! Who`s baby is due next ???

maybe I'll get them on tomorrow then. I'm starting to show - but look more fat than anything... well - fatter than I was, and less fat than I was in Feb !

I'm sick of hoisting up these jeans that are too big (a dress size up from what I was currently wearing a week ago...) These ones had been ready for the charity shop, but I hung on to them knowing I'd expand again and thinking they might be ok.

I do feel better today without the belt.....

post 450 - you said you were talking to your sil (midwife!) about me!

Oh yeah - brain not good today!! LOL. She was saying that they probably want you to go into labour yourself so that they are minimising the level of intervention.....she said her experience has been the more intervention necessary the higher the changes of ending up with a c/section. She did find it unusual that you were being left for sooo long with being so uncomfortable - she said that would be enough reason to induce....

Hi guys ....last scan went well, Hannah currently weighs about 5lb 13oz so if she puts on average she will be around the 8lb mark which will be good after Callum......!
Wow she has loads of hair the guy who did the scan pointed it out straight away. Everything was on track.

Actually saw my named consultant today, though couldnt tell you her name......Mrs something or another, she is Indian ....(who is yours Helen) she seems very nice and we had a good old chat so hopefully all will go smoothly and if no sign of Hannah I have another ANC appointment for the 19th of june.

sarah - enjoy the new jeans! dont chuck out the other ones yet, youll be glad of them afterwards while loosing your post pg bump!

bea - yeah, thats why thyre leaving me - but it wont be for ever.. at the moment an induction wouldnt work so theres no point even starting!

sonkie, i know the consultant you mean, she's lovely isnt she? very confident and the sort of woman you automatically have a lot of faith and trust in!

well, the consultant managed to get to me at 5.30 - shes had a rotten old day bless her by the look of things! she examined me and agrees with the reg's bishop score, she can JUST get her finger through now but my cervix is still 3cm long and reasonably firm.. she feels people need to be quite vigourous with the sweeps to get anywhere with them so she's going to do another one tomorrow herself and then one of the senior sisters from labour ward is going to come up over the weekend and do them.. must admit, todays one hurt more than any of the others have, it was very very painful - both generally and on my pelvis.. i might ask for some gas and air tomorrow, hubbys hand was squeezed to within an inch of its life earlier but he probably wont be here for the others.. but as i said to the consultant while she was doing it, theres no point in being halfhearted, if youre going to stretch and sweep then do it with purpose or theres no benefit! hopefully 4 days of very vigourous sweeps will really soften up my cervix and either tip me into labour or make me more favourable for an induction.. in the meanwhile i will keep on with the oils and the raspberry leaf tea! the consultant also said that if ive not gone into labour by next thurs then theyll induce me. so at least i have a date to aim for!

sadly, unless she arrives in the next 4.5 hours, it no longer looks like i will be having my first baby in my 20s as its my 30th birthday tomorrow! hubby is making me a cake bless him! other than that, unsurprisingly, i dont have much else planned.......!

birthday.gif

Helen hope you had a good day .....and you were not in too much pain !

Hope everyone is ok ......I have just had a reality check and omg just over 3 weeks to go.........!!!!!!

Hope it was a good one Sunflower! Your hubby is so sweet baking a cake.....no long now till your little bundle of joy arrives!!

Sunflower Helen, just wanted to say hi (from Confetti) and hope you have your baby in your arms very soon. You've had a such a rough time.

Been reading through this post and guessed it was you.

thank you guys!

birthday started with consultan coming round first thing, she tried to do another sweep like the day before but my pelvis was so bruised/inflamed/generally grumpy from the one the night before that she could only stay in there for about a 5th of the time as there were tears streaming down my face in pain.. sadly there was no change wha so ever - so that was sweep number 10 with very little change, just goes to show, you can use all these lotions and potions and tricks of the trade - but if your bodys not ready then it wont make a blind bit of difference! the rest of the morning was spent taking painkillers and trying to sleep - the pain in m pelvis from the sweep the night before meant that i had less than 2 hours sleep and could only just walk as far as the en suite loo but that took a loooooooong time! a friend popped in with card & pressie and my vicar also popped in which was lovely! of course though as i havent been to church for 17 weeks he couldnt get over the size of my huge bump, he looked really shocked bless him!! (his wife has a son but they havent had children together so i suppose hes no reason to know how gargantuous (sp) pg women can get - and im definitely on the large side!

hubby came in mid afternoon with cake - it was gorgeous!! he also bought me a really beautiful original oil painting of an abstract sunflower, its gorgeous! mum popped in for a bit too.. in the evening hubby and i got a chinese and chilled, it was lovely.. all in all it was a very nie day (well, afternoon/evening!) and hubby worked very hard bless him to make it as special as he could!

had a really good night - woke up quite a few times for a wee/painkillers/generally trying to move and waking up in the process but i still had 7 (SEVEN!!!) hours sleep i reckon added up together! (note to jocelyn, if you would care to oblidge mummy has enough energy to cope with labour today.. :D )

waiting for the mw to come up from labour ward to do my next sweep, not sure if shes working an early or a late shift to know when shes going to be coming..

hope everyone else is ok, looking forward to hearing about nina's baby - she must have had him/her by now! (her? do i remember rightly she was having a little girl?)

heya lana, yes, its me - thank you!

Hi there.....so glad you had a nice birthday all things considering.....also a good few hours sleep how good is that....hope today's procedure goes ok and you get some movement.....your body definately has its own agenda!! ........

doesnt it just bea!! :D

Hi all
I have only just found out about this thread the other day, wish i had noticed it from before. Congratulations to you all, those that have already had their babies and those who are about to:D I do not have very long to go now and am hoping that i dont go over. My last pregnancy with my son he was born on the edd weighing 7lb 7oz and my daughter was 5lb 13oz. My midwife thinks this baby could be anything between 8-9lb:eek: I hope i can get he/she out lol. I have gained so much weight this time:cry::cry::cry: I havent weighed myself but i think i have gained about 5st:sigh::sigh::sigh: I am trying not to let it get me down as i know i have the cambridge now.:D:D

Hi NAOMI...PLEASED YOU FOUND US....!

Post as often as you like we all have our bad days and know how lonely it can be......!
Hope all goes well for you........we are all gonna keep updating our progress from being mums to be to all the fun of being new mums the joys and tribulations of having newborn babies to care for so do keep popping in !

We are all still waiting to hear how Nina has got on.......!
Hopefully all went well and mum and baby are doing well.

Hi all
I have only just found out about this thread the other day, wish i had noticed it from before. Congratulations to you all, those that have already had their babies and those who are about to:D I do not have very long to go now and am hoping that i dont go over. My last pregnancy with my son he was born on the edd weighing 7lb 7oz and my daughter was 5lb 13oz. My midwife thinks this baby could be anything between 8-9lb:eek: I hope i can get he/she out lol. I have gained so much weight this time:cry::cry::cry: I havent weighed myself but i think i have gained about 5st:sigh::sigh::sigh: I am trying not to let it get me down as i know i have the cambridge now.:D:D

Hi there and welcome! No long now eh? I am having a csection so having baby on 18th June.......not sure how I have done on the weight side of things....as I havent weighed myself in weeks......as you said least now we have good diets to go back to that we know work........

My sil whos a midwife says that with each baby they can get biggger......but least you have been through it before so you should do fine!!

hiya naomi, welcome on board and congrats on baby number 3! do you knw whether youre having a boy or a girl? not long for you now! ahh, dont worry about the weight, each pg's different and, as you say, it will comeoff again! 9 months on and 9 months off and all that! also it migt not be as bad as you fear.... i keep telling myself my body has done something amazing and im trying to focus on that - whether that will still be the case once jocelyn is here and i cant fit in anything other than mat clothes for months i dont know though... ;) :D

ok, now had sweep number 11 and theres -still- no damn change.............. the mw doing it though said the fact that its a) softening and b) central means that hopefully prostins should at least be able to start some of the ripening off which is positive.. jocelyn was really funny though and went CRAZY at having her head touched!! must admit i wont miss the sweeps, theyre getting more and more painful - withmore and more tears..

must admit, i tried to have tht last sweep on my back - big mistake.. it was 2-3 hours ago, i had oramorph an hour ago but walking to the loo just now had tears streaming down my face.. think i must have opened my knees too much with the sweep, it felt like the only thing keeping bean in was my pelvic floor while sitting (sorry...), very strange sensation.. least i got lots of sleep last night, think im going to be chasing pain tonight!

onwards to tomorrow..

Only a few days to Thursday at least........have you had any conversations about a birthing/labour position.....given you were in agony from being on your back.....

Hope you get a bit of respite today.........assume no more sweeps? Will they start on hormones now or wait a few days?

morning guys.. i know i just seem to be posting the same things but another difficult night.. the sweep yesterday really did exacerbate things - put off and put off going for a wee as long as i could to let the oramorph kick in, managed to get there bathroom (4 foot away from bed) but when i stood up i couldnt move, just lifting my foot off the ground sent the most searing pain through the middle of my pelvis and made all the bits at the back grate over each other.. stood there for a few minutes trying to get back but buzzed for a mw in the end, took nearly 10 minutes with crutches just to get back to bed.. rest of niht was spent knocking back oramorph - 4 doses in 12 hours. jocelyn, unsurprisingly, went soundly asleep!

seen the reg this mrning ut its weekend cover so just said keep going.. so just waiting for sweep later...

hubby not able to come in today, his shift tonight is in cornwall near his parents so he's going to go and see his dad before work.. my parents go back today so theyre going to pop in at 2 briefly but to be honest i think ill spend most of the day tying to catch up.. havent had a shower yet, really cant face it which i know is minging bt will try and have one after lunch..

only 4 days til trial of induction! (keep telling myself that in 4 days something will start to meet our daughter and end the pain!)

Hi all

Great to see you on here Naomi :D:D:D

Only a few days to Thursday at least........have you had any conversations about a birthing/labour position.....given you were in agony from being on your back.....

Hope you get a bit of respite today.........assume no more sweeps? Will they start on hormones now or wait a few days?

heya bea..

yep, first thing theyll do (before they break my waters or do anything is give me an epidural and get me comfy.. i'll labour on my side and push on my side.. if i need a ventouse or forceps then, sadly, my legs will have to o in stirrups with me on my back but theyll bring the stirrups in as far as they can..

sweeps continuing daily until thurs (ow!) and they'll start prostins then!

thanks bea, youre always sokind, encouraging ans suportive - thank you!

xx

Back