new mums & mums to be !!! Who`s baby is due next ???

How exactly do you pronounce her name Nina :)

struggling with finding the right spelling**

yes, we r struggling to find the right spelling....

soo (as in soon)jude --> any tips on spelling??

hello ladies --

last you heard my waters broke at 1.30 last saturday night -- but i didnt go into hospital until 8pm on sunday -->cuz thats when the contractions really started getting strong!

well i get there, get checked by the mw at 9 and she says my cervix is still intact and no sign of leakage -- but i know the difference btwn urine a amniotic fluid...anyways, i found her obersevation to be a bit weird...my contractions at this time were irregular but getting stronger.

at 10.15 i am really begining to feel some pain -- and it feels like theres little rest btwn each cycle! she gives me pethedine because she says that if i have this much pain now (and not in established labor) -- then it will only get progressively worse over the next 18 hours! yeah! she said 18!

shortly thereafter i rememebr telling her that she needed to check my innerds again -- cuz this hurt! she checked and i was at 5cm -- she said she was amazed that in less than 45 minutes i had dialated so much.

the pain only got worse -- and i could stay still for the baby to be monitored...at 11.30 she told me she would have to clip the heart monitor onto baby's head cuz she couldnt get a clear trace on baby's well being.

once in there at about 11.45 -- she said i was fully efaced and read to go! she was inshock at how fast i progressed...and so was i -- i needed this baby out! i had the urge to push...and it only became much stronger with each contraction...

at 12.15 i started to push...and sujoud was born at 12.38

what a relief to get her out! i cant believe i was able to have a successful vaginal birth after c-section! it was definately worth it!!

so, i bet you're all wondering how did i give birth so quickly???

well there is an algerian folk medicinal tea tincture which should only be drunk on the day the contractions on childbirth start.

5 CINNAMON STICKS BREWED! DRINK 3-5 CUPS WITH HONEY/SUGAR...

well why does it work??? after some research i i found that cinnamon is contradicted during pregnancy -- cuz it brings on uterine contractions -- well i must admit my contractions, although extremely effecient at getting baby ready -- were painful, but glad to have pethedine to take off the edge ! the unfortunate thing was that sujoud was woozy for the first few days...

we had to stay in hospital for a few days...due to my previous history with HELLP -- but this was a preeclampsia free pregnancy and delivery!

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT AND WARM WISHES!

now lets all root for hellen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohhhhhh CONGRATULATIONS Nina:D:D:D:D

Lots of love to you all.....xxxxxxx

Lacey..xx :)

sonkie - get him to drop me a text, i can alays post up for you? would i be able to text you when (if??!) jocelyn ever decides to be born? glad hannahs starting to engage - 3rd babies can do that earlier but fingers crossed she stays engaged and comes earlier (although no queue jumping - please let me be next!!!) i know what you mean about nina, im dying to know how shes got on!

bea - how are you going?

sarah - how are things with you? hope youre good and enjoying those mat clothes at last!

well it was (un?)lucky sweep number 13... no change - and, sadly, no chamge prior to weekend so infact my cervix HADNT shortened after all.. consultant said no more sweeps now, theyre not bringing any benefit but they are making my spd measurably worse on a daily basis so enoughs enough.. cervix able to be stretched to 2cm and its central so at least that would make it easier for them to break my waters.. for trial of induction on thurs!

sweep was so painful again today but was done without entonox - i started being really wheezy as soon as the sweep was done yesterday and felt rotten all afternoon (hence why i wasnt on til the evening) and spent 3 hour with an inhaler glued to my side.. turned out the tubing (which id queried) HAD had latex in it (which im rather allergic to) - thankfully it looked such an old piece of tubing the latex wasnt as "fresh" as such maybe because my reaction was smallerthan usual - either that or 26 weeks off sick has helped desensitise me to it a little? felt rotten as though all afternoon, lightheaded, bp was uup a lot compared to usual, felt just generally "poorly".. nice to know why though! so no entonox this morning which made it all the more ow!!

going to try and rest as much as possible between now and thurs and just see what happens - as consultant said when i asked if there would be any benefit in waiting - i could still have a cervix like this at T+13 so the fact im not making any progress at least theyve tried, theyv waited their week to see if there would be any change and there hasnt been so theyve ticked the box as such! whether i end up with a section due to failed induction i dont know - but what will be will be and i have no honest preference either way, i wouls strongly be in favour of a normal delivery for various reasons but have other reasons which mke me strongly in favour of a section!

ohhh helen, i feel really bad that you continue to suffer --- btw, happy belated birthday!!

to be VERY honest...if your in pain cuz of the sweep, then laboring is off the charts in the area of pain threshold -- have you discussed what types of pain control would be used in labor? i had pethedine (mw thought i had time to adjust before the arrival of baby), but it didnt take the pain away, it just made me feel drunk! i still felt every contraction and the urge to push -- which in the end was great, cuz i have read that epidurals can slow down labor progress -- and i was trying to avoid a cesection!

i am glad i did have a vaginal birth -- in comparison to my csection last time...i feel alot better in terms of mobility and not having had a cathater!

keeping everything crossed for you helen!!!!!!!!!!!

Such a gorgeous little girl - can I have a 'cyber hug'?

Well done again and thanks for all the info - us lurkers are so grateful - we get all the good bits!

Awww Nina a lovely weight and a gorgeous little girl......oooo I cant wait to meet Hannah now.......!

Love the pictures.
Hope you are both well and taking it easy.

I think you should spell her name how you want it.......! It is unusual, where does it originate from......?

Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl Nina:D:D

And to all you other mum to be - Good luck with the births - you are all so close now, the time has just flown by (probably not for you at times:)).

It has been so exciting reading all your updates and news (also interesting to hear the not so good stuff too - we are trying for a baby and its good to be informed)

I wish you all the very best and please keep posting - I love hearing about babies.....can you tell I'm broody???:rolleyes:

Take care.

morning guys! wow it was nice wakingup this morning and knowing that i wasnt going to have someone giving me a stretch and sweep any minute! had a really bitty night (now ive got little britain mn my head, dont mean it that way!) in that i woke up loads all night, didnt sleep for more than 20-30 min at a time.. hopefully will catch up today..
weather beautiful out there, sun streaming through window on to my feet at the moment which is lovely!

bea - i know what you mean, im always really touched to see how many people have been following us and wishing us well!!

ohhh helen, i feel really bad that you continue to suffer --- btw, happy belated birthday!!

to be VERY honest...if your in pain cuz of the sweep, then laboring is off the charts in the area of pain threshold -- have you discussed what types of pain control would be used in labor? i had pethedine (mw thought i had time to adjust before the arrival of baby), but it didnt take the pain away, it just made me feel drunk! i still felt every contraction and the urge to push -- which in the end was great, cuz i have read that epidurals can slow down labor progress -- and i was trying to avoid a cesection!

i am glad i did have a vaginal birth -- in comparison to my csection last time...i feel alot better in terms of mobility and not having had a cathater!

keeping everything crossed for you helen!!!!!!!!!!!

ahh, dont feel bad nina!! ie just grown a huge baby girl who is far too contented where she is to think about coming out!!

with respect to the pain in the sweeps - the pain was in my pelvis, the head is still high (minus blooming 3) so theyre a) having to rumage HARD to get through to the intenal os while b) applying lots of pressure to my pelvis and c) applying fundal pressure for good measure.. due to how rubbish my pelvis is theyre going to get a good strong working epidural on board before doing anything once i get to labour ward.. pain threshold usually high (i walked arouund with 3 fractures in my hip for nealry a month once before getting x-rayed, went in to ae after a week and they said it was bruising so they wouldnt xray!!!) so the early niggly stages of labour im not worried about from a bump pain point of view- just, again, the pelvis..

lovely photo - shes beautiful!!! bet you cant take your eyes off her ay?

lenny - good luck with the ttc!!

Wow Helen.....I have actually had 3-4 nights of pretty good sleep, though hips and pelvis still playing up......I dont know how you have put up with the pain, though my pain is nowhere near as bad as what you have been through.
I am still surprised Hannah is 3/5ths head down now as Callum was lying across until late in pregnancy........the braxton hicks are back too, started again last night, and even woke me this morning.......hopefully doing some good with the old cervix......fingers crossed anyway.

I'm a secret follower too....congratulations to nina! and i've got my fingers crosssed for all of you too for the arrival of your little ones!

can't wait to see the pics

take care

rachael xxxx

Congratulation Nina! What a beautiful little girl.

I'm a lurker on this thread as I love to see how you are all getting on pleeeeeeease don't stop as would love to see how you are all getting on once your little bundles are here. I'm a little broody myself now (shock horror! where did that come from...please don't tell hubby I wrote that!) and love hearing all your stories and look forward to posting my own in time (Husband permitting LOL)..lots of love Vx

Such a gorgeous little girl - can I have a 'cyber hug'?

Well done again and thanks for all the info - us lurkers are so grateful - we get all the good bits!

thanks for her first cyber hug!

I think you should spell her name how you want it.......! It is unusual, where does it originate from......?

sujude is arabic for 'prostration' --> u know the way muslims pray while bowing their heads down to the ground in worship to God.

i would take any suggestions on spelling cuz i dont want there to be confusion with her name as she grows older

btw, sarah asked about nappies --> i have already started with the reusables -- not difficult at all...just make sure you have enuf to last 2 days -- so anywhere btwn 12-22 is adaquate...and and u need only bout 4-6 wraps (cuz u dont have to always change these since they dont become soiled) hope this helps!

aw bless - can I send a cyber hug too ? :p

My gosh - all these lurkers are coming out the woodwork.. I never realsied so many of you read this thread !

Thanks for that Nina - I'm definately aiming to go down the reusuable route.

Come on Jocelyn - get a move on ... ;-)

sujude is arabic for 'prostration' --> u know the way muslims pray while bowing their heads down to the ground in worship to God.

i would take any suggestions on spelling cuz i dont want there to be confusion with her name as she grows older.

I like the way you have spelt it......or the obvious would be sue-jude......but sujoud and sujude are both nice.
once people get used to the spelling it should be fine.

Congratulations Nina what a beautiful baby, i hope i can do as well as you during labour. Well done:D:D

Back