new mums & mums to be !!! Who`s baby is due next ???

wow, i didnt know we had all these ppl following the thread --

thank you everyone for your warm wishes...now we just have to root for helen to have her baby next!!

sujoud weigh 7 lb 15 oz, she has dark hair like her daddy and she looks like a mini version of me!

someone asked if we did anything specific according to algerian culture after her birth -- the answer is not really...but we did just have a party of her on saturday!

on another note, since i am american...i wanted to point out that she was born on our mother's day! heheh...life is ironic sometimes!

She is beautiful..... this thread makes me broody lol!!!!!

sujude is arabic for 'prostration' --> u know the way muslims pray while bowing their heads down to the ground in worship to God.

i would take any suggestions on spelling cuz i dont want there to be confusion with her name as she grows older

btw, sarah asked about nappies --> i have already started with the reusables -- not difficult at all...just make sure you have enuf to last 2 days -- so anywhere btwn 12-22 is adaquate...and and u need only bout 4-6 wraps (cuz u dont have to always change these since they dont become soiled) hope this helps!

OMG she is just beautiful.....you must be sooo over the moon. Love the name....I am planning on an Irish name and people always get confused about how to say them but once it gets known it wont be a problem.......I agree with Sonkie on that...

Thanks for posting the photo......oooohh I cant wait till 18th to meet mine.......its really made me soo impatient now!!!

Are you at home now? How the first few days been etc.......

Sending cyber hugs to you both hun!

Hi all, so i have noticed today that when i go for a wee there have been little spots of blood on the tissue(sorry) could this be the mucus plug? I never noticed it with my other 2 so im not sure what it is like. No matter how many times we do this it always feels new to me:rolleyes:

It could be the show.......mine with Callum was more pinky than red blood.....but I think it can be like you describe it too.

Wow .....another new baby soon....fingers crossed.
I was having braxton hicks for about 2 weeks before Callum then a show then 2 days later 1 strong contraction that woke me up ....went to the loo and waters trickled a little.
I am just like you Naomi I wonder how it will start this time and will I know ........it really is weird as each labour can present so differently.

I didnt get to bed until 2am, as we spent the evening at derriford A&E with Callum.....he jumped of a freight container that the council are storing kitchens in and hurt his heel/ankle.......only a 10-15 ft drop.....dozy boy. Anyway nothing broken just sprained. But we were there for over 4 hrs.

morning guys, sorry - no news! dozed quite a lot yesterday morning and then hubby came in about 4, i then spent the next few hous attatched to the monitor - there was one part of the trace wich was suspicious so they needed to leave me on for a good while after to make sure she was ok, rest of trace was ok though! movements have slowed -right- down now, shes finally run out of room!!

just waiting on tomorrow really!! didnt sleep well at all last night, combination of pain and being oh my life absolutely starving hungry! bless them, the ward is packed at the moment so i couldnt ring to say please may i have some toast, wouldnt have been a good move!! i had some walkers french fries that hubby had brought in, i think i ate 4 packets overnight, ooops!!!!

Going to try and get some sleep today and just rest up as much as i can for tomorrow! the ward here kees on with the pessaries every 6 hhours whether its in the niht or not so thats good for nudging things alonng timewise, although labour ward has been heaving for the last few days so my only witing point might be a bed on there but fingers crossed thell get me dowwn soon, doesnt always work thatway - sometimes you caan be ready to go down but its a couple of das before theres a room free -but as long as jocelyn is safe then i dont mind, ill get there eventually!

naomi - no, your show looks, for want of a better way of desribing it, like bloody snot.. it migt be the start of things but if the spotting continues then ring you mw just so she knows your spotting! has anyone ever said your placenta is low lying? if so then do ring someone!

bea - which name? or are ou keeping them under wraps until the birth?

nina - glad youre settling in at home!! either spelling is fine, i think if i had to choose id go for sujoud! hope youre getting plenty of rest and enjoying those all important first few days together!

sonya - i dont know how i cope sometimes - i think because i have to and not coping would only give me other problems to cope with too.. i do ok if i can get some sleep - i havent been able to for the last two nights and it does make a difference to the amount of reserves i have to put a smile on my face and deal with the pain.. it seems to make even little things like sitting up for a drink so much harder too.. glad youre sleeping better, ive heard some people say that once the head engaged it eased their spd -- maybe shes acting like an internal splint for you?!

blimey sonkie, theyre keeping you busy between a broken foot and a sprained ankle! hope you manage to get some rest today to make up for the lack of sleep...

ps - :D sonkie and naomi - jocelyn is next in the queue... NEITHER of you are allowed to go in to labour before i have her!!!!!!!!!! please? i dont think i can take many more birh announcements from people who are behind me - from friends "in real life" and on other forums!!!

Best of luck today Sunflower....hope all goes well and you are priortised.....cant wait to hear your annoucement as you deserve it sooo much given the few months!!

Names.....well we have a few....Caoimhne (pronounce Kee..va) , Roisin for girls and Fionn, Setanta for boys....although no decisions....

Sonkie....boys will be boys....my little fella has all the makings of plenty of trouble...whats the fasination with jumping and climbing I'll never know LOL!! He's 6 and has already had to have a CT head scan, two days in hospital (jumping off his toy car and hit his head) and cracked one of this baby teeth!)

naomi - how you feeling today....any sigs of labour...Sunflower has given some good advice also!

Nina....how are the first few days being a new Mum??....you are making us all sooo excited...

thanks bea!! i hope it all goes quickly too!!

i love all your names, theyre lovely! we love celtic names but people just dont know how to pronounce them here, we had a baby aoife in the unit recently and it realy threw people!! i went to uni with a lot of irish girls though and one of them was called aoife funnily enough!

todays the day it all starts!!

cant believe todays the day at last!!!!

didnt sleep too great, was in a lot of pain yesterday evening but unfortunately where i had been boarded for 2 hourly oramorph, theyd changed it to 4-6 hourly so when i asked for it at 6.45 i couldnt have it.. rang at 8.45 but ward was so busy - was gone 10.30 before i got it.. by that point i didnt know where to put myself as no where was comfy.. managed half an hour at midnight and another 20 minutes at 2.. there was a very cross little baby at the nurses station, really really cross bless him! (or her?!) jocelyn must have heard him, she was fast asleep but when he started crying she went absolutely crazy - really wriggling and kicking.. bearing in mind i was already awake it wasnt like i was doing anything different! what made me smile was as soon as they managed to settle the baby at the nnurses station, jocelyn went back to sleep!!!!! hoping shes not going to be that responsive to babies crying when shes out or im soundproofing her cot until we go home!!

had more painkillers at 3, got up at 4 and had a shower in case the warmth of the water helped - managed to get just under an hour from 5 so must have done something..

mw came in at 6 and put me on the monitor, trae was fine! she was fast asleep at first but woke up after about 15 minutes! first pessary in at 7. so we've started!! consultant been round, shes happy for me to have up to 4 pessaries depending on howmany i need... if they dont get me to a point where anything happens enough for them to break my waters then I'll have a section on saturday morning.. hopefully i will be on labour ward by then though! its her weekend on call too which im really pleased about, nice to know shell be around if we need someone senior as she knows my history now!

not the slightest hint of a niggle yet which im happy with, if i started contracting then they would assess me as usual 6 hours after the pessary but then have to leave it 4 hours before reassessing to see whether the contractions are doing anything.. being as i would be happy for as many pessaries as possible to efface my cervix as much as possible id much rather just be able to keep on having them without having to wait!!

i am pretty much able to keep you update while im up on the ward, once i go to labour ward i'll be out of range til i have her but will text sonkie when that happens so she can let you know!

thank you all so much for your support over the last few months, youve all been great in helping me through what has been a horrid pregnancy, it has been very much appreciated!

xx

Helen.....at long last, lets hope the pessaries do the job and get you going........I want to wish you all the best and hope things go as smooth as possible. Oooooohhhh its so exciting.
At least you know if there is no progress or its too slow you will have your little one by saturday evening.

Ooooo I am so excited, I cant wait to meet Hannah now, whilst we were at casualty on tuesday night there were 2 newborns there one was obviously a prem baby as he was 5 months old but size of newborn......the boys were gushing over him.

I have been sat with my feet up this morning and had a few cramp type pains .....very much like period pain.....eeeek, she cant come just yet, Marks dad is in hospital having stents put in his veins/arteries in his legs and cant drive for a week. So next thursday would be ideal ....and its Mark`s mums birthday next thurs too.

Hope everyone else is fine....Naomi any more signs of labour yet......?

OOOOOOoo a bit more cramping, hopefully it is sympathy pains for you HELEN........lol.

Wishing you all the very best Sunflowerbride - can't wait to hear that Jocelyn has finally arrived!

This may sound like a silly question but once she is born will your pain stop or will it take quite a while for you to get back to 'normal'?

Morning all
Goodluck Sunflower hopefully today will be the day you get to see your beautiful baby :)

As for me there have been no more signs really :( A little backache but nothing major and the usual braxton hicks. Hubby wants me to eat a curry tomorrow since he believes that really works lol.

Bless your OH Naomi.......!
Im still getting the cramping.......Im not getting on as much as our router cable is burgered ....lol. So I have to use Marks pc at the moment, and im not comfy sitting on his chair...!

well ive had no contractions or tightenings.. was put back on the monitor at 12.30 and the fetal heart was lovely, nil uterine activity what so ever though! mw did another v/e, cervix completely unchanged from this morning so 2nd pessary now in... plan is (unless i start contracting in the meanwhile whch she said is unlikely given nil progress thus far!) i will go back on the monitor at 7.15 and have 3rd pessary at 7.50 this evening.. then it will be a wait til 2am for the 4th and final pessary and check at 8am to see whether theyve done enough for me to go to labour ward!

so looks like jocelyn is still quite cosy and contented in there thank you very much!!

helen - in mild-moderate spd it goes pretty much when the baby is out.. however because i haveit so severelythe hope is that i might at least be able to walk out of the hospital on crutches.. however as there has been such a sarp ecline over the lat month that one is up for review at the moment! they expect me still to need crutches for 3 months and it will be up to a year before im near better... persoanlly, once i can get going i usually heal very well - i had an awful awful knee injury a few years ago which i as told, unless i had surgery, i wouldnt walk more than 4-5 mils at a time.. a year later i di a 22 mile coastpath walk in one day) and the year after that i ran a half marathon (from not having run for years) so when i get going i can heal very well so maybe the same will apply here, i cant wait to get back into the running again!

naomi - hope the curries help!

sonkie - hope laptop up soon, nightmare when wireless down isnt it?

Awwww I was induced with Dan (pre-eclampsia) and had to have 3 lots of pessaries before they could break my waters........then drips went up......ouch....lol.

Hope they do the trick though.

Hi guys.........just wondering how Sunflower is getting on???!!

heya guys... thanks bea!

so, startedoff with some period type pains at about 2 - not enough to make bump go hrd or be uncomfortable though.. carried on like that for 3 hours or so before picking up and theyre not mild period pains now! much stronger and very palpable too.. theyre very incoordinate though and im getting 2-3 back to back then a 3-4 minute gap before the next lot.. theyre also quite tough on my pelvis too unfortunately and i think half the pain is from there as much as the contraction.. feel so so bruised own there... the contractions are clearly picking up on the monito now..

in view of that she examined but had to withold prostin... still no bloody change... nothing..... cervix is beautifully central and soft but very very very long..... and oh my life did the v/e hurt, the bottom part of my pelvis (your seat bones for want of a better way of desribing it!) is so bruised and tender...
so thats it - hopefully these contractions will start picking uup in strength because,at the moment, theyre not being effective.. theyre lasting a good 60-80 second thoug which is a start, they just need to be more regular instead of being so incoordinate and toactually start doing something to my cervix!

going to be a long night as cant have more pain relief than im on - which is already a lot more than mmost get!

(((Helen)))

Thinking about you hun.

Really hope things start moving for you soon hun so the pain stops and you'll get to finally meet Jocelyn :)

xxx

Back