new mums & mums to be !!! Who`s baby is due next ???

How'ya doing ladies? Any contractions?

Hi everyone...how is everyone this evening?

I am still waiting:sigh: Think i lost the mucus plug yesterday afternoon but because there was some fresh blood the midwife told me to go to the hospital and get checked over. Waited 3hrs before i got seen only to be told it was probably the mucus plug as i had originally thought:rolleyes: Better to be safe than sorry though. Have had a few contractions today but nothing major, still hoping i go into labour before thursday so i wont need the sweep. BABY YOU HAVE BEEN EVICTED PLEASE LEAVE THE BIG BELLY HOUSE.

Oh this baby has its own agenda Naomi! It shouldnt be long now though.....fingers crossed you will have your baby in a couple of days.

Sonkie - how are you...any sign of movement???

Hi guys, I have had period type pain this afternoon,and plenty of braxton hicks, but seems to have eased off a bit now.

I have had a text from Helen, her and baby were allowed home on friday, Jocelyn had gained enough weight to go home, though she is still having trouble with the withdraw.....bless !!!
So Helen is spending most of her time holding and trying to ease her through, hope it doesn`t take too long poor mite.

Helen herself is suffering more with her pelvis as each side is now moving independantly of each other which is agony and also makes a loud cracking sound........OUCH !!!!!!!

Helen has tried to get on today but Jocelyn has needed her time more today.

Hope everyone else is ok, hope its not too long for you now Naomi .....!

Thanks for the update Sonkie on Helen.

OMG she has really been through the mill...least they are both getting there.....poor little jocelyn going through withdrawal is just awful but babies are sooo strong its amazing what they are work through.....really hope Helen's spd sorts itself out soon....being mobile makes life so much more bearable.....my little guy needed so much TLC when he was born after the emergency section as he was poked and needled so much before he was born and for me to be able to take a little walk in the afternoon ment so much.....

We women are just amazing!!!

Cyber hugs all round!

keep us posted Sonkie....sound like things are movingfor you!! Naomi watch out you could be pipped at the post!!

BABY YOU HAVE BEEN EVICTED PLEASE LEAVE THE BIG BELLY HOUSE.

love it!!!!!!!!!!!! very funny...

naomi -- get out and walk!!!!!!!!!! walking is the tried and true way of letting gravity work its magic by getting baby into position (even just 1.2 hour is sufficient)...weight on the cervix also opens it up...

but if you have passed ur plug, it could mean that labor is near -- but walk to speed things up!!

the race is on btwn u and sonkie...believe it or not, i cant believe i just did it three weeks ago -- it feels like ages ago! enjoy these last days,,, and rest up --> cuz u will be in a haze in just a few dayz!

on that note, things are finally somewhat settling round here...whew:brainfart:

***bea, any reason why u wont consider having a vaginal birth/trial of labor?

[***bea, any reason why u wont consider having a vaginal birth/trial of labor?[/quote]

I had a really bad reaction to the standard drugs and it so likely that I will need at least some drugs during labour and given I had been through this before.... I dont want to have to go through labour (20 hours last time) with an over 80% chance of having a c/section again...my little guy wasnt breathing when he was born and lucky to be with us today....so taking no risks what so ever!!

I am a little disappointed but just want baby to be safe!!

Last edited:
naomi -- get out and walk!!!!!!!!!! walking is the tried and true way of letting gravity work its magic by getting baby into position (even just 1.2 hour is sufficient)...weight on the cervix also opens it up...
the race is on btwn u and sonkie.

Hi all, how is everyone doing today?

Oh i have tried the walking as much as i can but at the moment i can barely waddle around. At this rate Sonkie will be before me. I have the postmature appointment tomorrow, does anyone know what the membrane sweep feels like? I have been hearing so many stories about how painful it is.

I had just one and to be honest I found it ok - it not pleasant but it was more pressure that was uncomfortable from memory than being painful. I think with Sunflower cos of her condition and she was having so many they got really painful which was understandable......

Hi all, ohhhhh Naomi hope things get going for you tomorrow, I am sooooo ready for her to come, I dont want to think of going overdue.

The cramping has eased, but the braxton hicks are becoming more frequent and a bit stronger, and lasting a bit longer too.......hopefully this is getting the cervix into preperation........well fingers crossed.

God Sonkie I cant believe youre so close to your date now, it seems no time since you were feeling ill and didnt even know you were pregnant, its amazing youre almost at the end of your pregnancy. I do hope bubs doesnt keep you waiting too long

*HUGS*

Thanks, nice to see you keeping tabs on us.......ooooooo belly gone rock hard again.......I just want them to be more frequent, to get stronger and last longer.....lol.
Hmmmmmm do I sound impatient ?????:rolleyes:

Hey Nina, its good to see you hun, pleased to hear you are on a roll now, how did you get on with breast feeding, did little un (which spelling have you decided on ?) take long to get the hang of it ????

I am worried about suffocating her, with my huge bazooooookas....lol.

Thanks, nice to see you keeping tabs on us.......ooooooo belly gone rock hard again.......I just want them to be more frequent, to get stronger and last longer.....lol.
Hmmmmmm do I sound impatient ?????:rolleyes:

This is one of the first places I check, dont want to sound rude but Im almost disappointed to see youve posted when I check in lol ;)

Hi Sonkie....you have a few days to go till your due date but things seems to be moving along........best of luck hun! 2 weeks today and I will have my little guy/girl!!

I tried everything to get my little girl to come when I was due and she was still 15 days late. Unfortunately they come when they want to!

Good luck, I am also checking this thread every day waiting to hear who the next new mummy is.

Take care

FF

I feel HUGE today - and I don't even really have much of a bump to speak of yet. I think quite a bit of it is water retention though - there is no way I've put on 5lb since yesterday !!!

I dread to think of what's to come right enough.....

Midwitch appointment on Monday and 20 week scan a week on 19th

buggy / pram wise.... what do you think is best - 3 wheelers or 4 wheelers ? I'm still doing all my research :p

Heya guys!

Thank you so much for all the well wishes and congrats! Also thank you sonkie for updating everyone and for all the texts, they were very appreciated!

Things are trundling along here, Jocelyn is starting to come through the withdrawal now and is gaining weight.. Im on antibiotics for sepsis - temp was 39.3, oops! Feeling much better now theyve kicked in! Feeding is still half and half, breast feed abd top up but its going ok, hopefully eventually we'll be able to cut those out!

Hows everyone going?

Naomi - sweeps arent that bad, little more uncomfortable than a smear altho if your cervix is still round the back of the baby's head it can be a little more sharp! As bea said, it was more my pelvis and the fact I had so many that made it so sore for me!

Sonkie - really hope things start moving for you soon!!

Bea - gosh, 2 weeks left? Bet you cant wait!!

Sarah - cant believe you're nearly 19 weeks! Will be your 20 week scan soon, bet you cant wait! Are you finding out whether you're having a boy or a girl?

Back