new mums & mums to be !!! Who`s baby is due next ???

Hi Helen.

Glad you are home and both well. Hope the spd is starting to calm down.... and that you are finding some sort of routine.

I think I might find out whether it's a girl or boy - but I also think I won't be telling anyone. LOL.

I'll be 19weeks on Sunday - just where has the time gone ??

I feel fine in the main , but HATE brushing my teeth in the morning as it makes me wretch now :-(

Dad is down visiting and helping build the new office for the new showroom this week. I'm going back up to my mum and dad's the day after my scan for a weekend and hope to tie up meeting a few friends - some of whom I haven't seen since I got married 6 years ago ! It'll be a busy weekend that weekend.

Hiya ......im still here, boo hoo.........still getting the tightenings but dont mount to anything.....! Anyway this weekend would be ideal as the boys are at there dads this weekend......so Hannah be a good girl.....lol.

Well if nothing has happened by the 19th we have an appointment at hospital on 19th to discuss induction......!

Heya guys!

Thank you so much for all the well wishes and congrats! Also thank you sonkie for updating everyone and for all the texts, they were very appreciated!

Things are trundling along here, Jocelyn is starting to come through the withdrawal now and is gaining weight.. Im on antibiotics for sepsis - temp was 39.3, oops! Feeling much better now theyve kicked in! Feeding is still half and half, breast feed abd top up but its going ok, hopefully eventually we'll be able to cut those out!

Hows everyone going?

Naomi - sweeps arent that bad, little more uncomfortable than a smear altho if your cervix is still round the back of the baby's head it can be a little more sharp! As bea said, it was more my pelvis and the fact I had so many that made it so sore for me!

Sonkie - really hope things start moving for you soon!!

Bea - gosh, 2 weeks left? Bet you cant wait!!

Sarah - cant believe you're nearly 19 weeks! Will be your 20 week scan soon, bet you cant wait! Are you finding out whether you're having a boy or a girl?

:D Yay!!! Your back!!! Great to see you back on the site.....you are sounding strong and delighted everything is getting on track.....what a journey you both have had over the last couple of months. Sonkie said your spd is still giving you grief. Its good to hear Jocelyn is getting there...what a little tropper. I found the first 6 weeks when I had my little guy a bit of a blur and we both got used to each others routine (well me getting used to his schedule LOL)...and getting the breastfeeding on track.........

I cant wait till 18th....I finish work tomorrow so the time will fly next week!!! So excited!

buggy / pram wise.... what do you think is best - 3 wheelers or 4 wheelers ? I'm still doing all my research :p

I personally love 4 wheel 2-in-1 prams......like this one

SILVER CROSS ,MARINA,CLASSIC CHASSIS + VENTURA CAR SEAT on eBay, also, Pushchairs Prams, Pushchairs Prams, Baby (end time 05-Jun-08 21:26:59 BST)
hope the link works. But you must try for yourself, go into shops and push them round, try folding them down etc. It also depends on whether you will do a lot of walking or if you will be mainly using a car.

I feel HUGE today - and I don't even really have much of a bump to speak of yet. I think quite a bit of it is water retention though - there is no way I've put on 5lb since yesterday !!!

I dread to think of what's to come right enough.....

I had days like that....its about a 1llbs a week weight gain on average but I had days where I had gain loads but it has averaged out over the weeks....

Midwitch appointment on Monday and 20 week scan a week on 19th

Oh how exciting.....you get to see loads and it makes the whole thing feel so real.

buggy / pram wise.... what do you think is best - 3 wheelers or 4 wheelers ? I'm still doing all my research I got a three wheeler sporty one this time around as I plan to do plenty of walking.....I found mothercare really helpful - it depends if you plan walking or just want a small light one for shopping with the car etc.:p

Keep us posted on how you are doing!:D

Hiya ......im still here, boo hoo.........still getting the tightenings but dont mount to anything.....! Anyway this weekend would be ideal as the boys are at there dads this weekend......so Hannah be a good girl.....lol.

Well if nothing has happened by the 19th we have an appointment at hospital on 19th to discuss induction......!

I am crossing fingers for you Sonkie....its would be great if she arrived this weekend. I am sure you are using your "chair" method you mentioned before! Get rocking.... LOL!

We could be having our babies the same week if shes too cosy where she is!

Heya guys!

Thank you so much for all the well wishes and congrats! Also thank you sonkie for updating everyone and for all the texts, they were very appreciated!

Things are trundling along here, Jocelyn is starting to come through the withdrawal now and is gaining weight.. Im on antibiotics for sepsis - temp was 39.3, oops! Feeling much better now theyve kicked in! Feeding is still half and half, breast feed abd top up but its going ok, hopefully eventually we'll be able to cut those out!

Hows everyone going?

Naomi - sweeps arent that bad, little more uncomfortable than a smear altho if your cervix is still round the back of the baby's head it can be a little more sharp! As bea said, it was more my pelvis and the fact I had so many that made it so sore for me!

Hi all
Helen - glad you and baby Jocelyn are ok and hope you start feeling even better.
I see what you mean about the sweep, i had it today. It was ok for me, slight pain on my pelvis afterwards but not for long. I have been booked in for Saturday 8am to be induced if nothing happens between now and then.

How is everyone else today?

Hopefully things start to move on their own hun! Not long now eitherway you will have your baby maybe over the weekend!!

Good luck for sat naomi... You'll probably find you go into labour on the friday night, I've looked after a number of women who have done that!

Sonlie - no posts today? Fingers crossed something's happening for you...

Bea, how are you going? :)

Sarah - we haven't bought a pram so I can't really advise.. We have, however, bought a number of slings - we really dont get on with the ring sling at all, the pouch sling we have is great around the house.. The best two we have though is a "snuggly sling" (google it, it's a cow print one and pretty cool!) and, our favourite, a kari-me sling.. We dont mis having a pram in the slightest, we do a LOT of walking (and I even managed to get on to the moors for a slow 20 minute hobble today, yay!! :D ) and taking a 3 wheeler over the moors would be a complete nightmare, even more the coastpath.. So slings for us all the way and, for the moment, it's really workng out well!
Things going ok here, pelvis improving by the day and jocelyn is doing good too - we're 24-48 hours into sole demand breastfeeding and it seems to be going ok, lots of wet and dirty nappies.. We're seeing the midwife tomorrow so I'll ask her to weigh her just to make sure we're still gaining weight and that it's not gone static or dropped again..

Hiya.....im still here, just been busy, trying to encourage madam down more, been shopping and walking as much as my back and pelvis would let me.
Good luck for sat (tomo) Naomi, hope things dont take too long.

I like the idea of a sling - but I wont get away without a buggy / pram with a carrycot attachment.

Two reasons really - one is a long car drive to Scotland to mum's at Christmas when little one will be 8 weeks old IF he / she comes on time. They cant sit that long so young in a car seat.

Second reason is that I'm pretty much self employed.... I do employ staff too - but there is no one who can take over my job and when baby comes it will be the height of peak season. I'm intending doing a fair bit from home, and coming to work complete with baby for at least a couple of hours a day after the first couple of weeks.... so baby will need a carrycot to sleep in.

Saying that, I'm probably still in complete denial - do you reckon ? :rolls-eyes:

On the weight front (I'm paranoid) - I'm doing ok. I feel a bit better today and yesterday. The scales are being TOO kind atm and have gone significantly backwards. I think they're taunting me. Typical ! The 5lb gain from the other day has gone again - and so has my 2lb gain over the last 10 weeks - so according to today's weigh I'm exactly the same weight as when I postponed the diet almost 11 weeks ago.

I so badly want to put as little on as possible, and I'm aiming to shed another 6 stone after baby puts in an appearance. If I lose heart now, heavent knows how long before I'm in the right frame of mind to get back on the bandwagon. Don't worry - I'm eating healthily and sensibly...

My only real worry is that I'm 19 weeks tomorrow and haven't felt baby in almost 2 weeks. I've got my 16 week midwife appointment on Monday though and my 20week scan on 19th - so hopefully I'll have some reasurrance just shortly.

Hi there Sarahloveswelshcobs! There are lots to think about when you having your first..will you have any help with the baby if you have to work - it would be worthwhile thinking about that as it can be a little stressful doing both....

If you are worried about movements etc - I would pop by the hospital and they can do a trace straight away - lots of women do that without waiting for their appointment and from experience they have no problem with you seek assurances.....there is nothing worse than being stressed out or worried......

Take care hun and let us know how you are doing!

Good luck for sat naomi... You'll probably find you go into labour on the friday night, I've looked after a number of women who have done that!

Thats what I was thinking too! Wonder if Naomi has gone into labour? How how exciting!!

Sonlie - no posts today? Fingers crossed something's happening for you...

Bea, how are you going? :)

Doing fine - finished work yesterday so in my sun dress in the garden (with the laptop) this am...relaxing....our son is playing playstation:sigh: so trying to pry him away from the tv at the moment.......hubby gone out to get some crusty rolls and salads for lunch.....pretty perfect eh? Really looking forward to having a week and bit off..before the 18th! Keeping thinking I will go into labour!!

Sarah - we haven't bought a pram so I can't really advise.. We have, however, bought a number of slings - we really dont get on with the ring sling at all, the pouch sling we have is great around the house.. The best two we have though is a "snuggly sling" (google it, it's a cow print one and pretty cool!) and, our favourite, a kari-me sling.. We dont mis having a pram in the slightest, we do a LOT of walking (and I even managed to get on to the moors for a slow 20 minute hobble today, yay!! :D ) and taking a 3 wheeler over the moors would be a complete nightmare, even more the coastpath.. So slings for us all the way and, for the moment, it's really workng out well!
Things going ok here, pelvis improving by the day and jocelyn is doing good too - we're 24-48 hours into sole demand breastfeeding and it seems to be going ok, lots of wet and dirty nappies.. We're seeing the midwife tomorrow so I'll ask her to weigh her just to make sure we're still gaining weight and that it's not gone static or dropped again..

Delighted the breastfeeding is going well! I did sole demand for 6 months and when well established (and I was eating really healthily) baby didnt have any dirty nappies except every 3th or 4th day - totally worried about this I rang my mid-wife and apparently when established breastmilk can be so pure that its totally digested!!! How amazing is that!! Hope the weight gain is going well - its a real sense of achievement when constantly feeding to see the ozs piling on!!

Hiya.....im still here, just been busy, trying to encourage madam down more, been shopping and walking as much as my back and pelvis would let me.
Good luck for sat (tomo) Naomi, hope things dont take too long.

Thinking of you Sonkie!! Come on Hannah - time to meet the world!!!:D

Thinking of you Sonkie!! Come on Hannah - time to meet the world!!!:D

Thanx.....bet you are pleased to be able to rest as you need, the last few days I would be watching tv and next minute I would be fast asleep......poor Mark would be talking away and then realise he has been talking to himself.

Well the last couple of hours the cramping has got much more intense so hopefully something is happening.

Any news from Naomi? Are you still with us Sonkie? Glad you are getting some rest now Bea!

Hope Nina and Sunflowerbride are both OK and enjoying Sujoud and Jocelyn

Who's gonna be next?

I am off on my jollies in about an hour, will be thinking of all you mums to be and hoping everything goes well for you. Can't wait to see what you had (except for those that know already that is lol) x x x

Back