new mums & mums to be !!! Who`s baby is due next ???

Oh no, try not to get despondent this happens to a lot of early labourers.

Are you overdue?

Just try to keep yourself busy and active if you can possibly manage it, but what we usually recommend for our ladies is to keep busy and upright. However of you've been up literally all night, grab some kip while you can!

Have you spoken to your midwife?

Sonkie, have a good meal and get some sleep.. You wouldnt run a marathon on no sleep or an empty tummy and thats what you're about to do, Ive seen someone whose contractions were flagging somewhat pick up spectacularly simply through eating.. Hopefully your cervix will still be ripening even though the contractions have tailed off..

She'll be out soon one way or another - but those last days are so hard when you're overdue.. Hang on in there!

Hi all
Finally i have grabbed a minute(12.30 at night:rolleyes:) to come online. Kayla is keeping me on my toes, i forgot what the sleepless nights felt like i am the living dead right now. She is a greedy one, and she likes using my nipple as a dummy:)
Well i am off to bed before Kayla gets back up.

Bea - Goodluck for tomorrow:D:D

Sonkie - Not long to go now im sure, how many days over are you?

Here is a new pic of Kayla

awww she is just so cute and adorable... i wanna hug her... i cant believe such a sweet baby would play you up( well i can believe it with three!!!) but you are making me broody girls x

hey sunflower - any new Jocelyn pics ? I'm fine thankfully - just got a really big fright and discovered I am not invincible !?!

Sonkie - doesn't sound like you're far away now..... lets hope baby gets a move on and gives you some peace. If she doens't hurry up - I'm going to miss out on what's happening over the weeken :p

I've got my scan tomorrow and then I'm flying up to m mum and dad's in Scotland for the weekend on Friday and won't be back until Monday night. I think they've got my schedule up there fully books - what with some big bbq party, baby shopping, chiropractor appointment, trying to tie up with a couple of friends, visiting relatives etc etc... I'll be worn out by the time I get back.

Had a funny night last night and couldn't sleep. I was up a few times. I had htis really weird feeling that I can only describe as baby's racing heartbeat. Perhaps it was how baby was laying, but it wouldn't stop. I know it wasn't my pulse - as I could feel that and it was normal ...but it was like a constant racing pulse that almost felt like my own and it really had me wired. Most odd.

Sonkie, have a good meal and get some sleep.. You wouldnt run a marathon on no sleep or an empty tummy and thats what you're about to do, Ive seen someone whose contractions were flagging somewhat pick up spectacularly simply through eating.. Hopefully your cervix will still be ripening even though the contractions have tailed off..

She'll be out soon one way or another - but those last days are so hard when you're overdue.. Hang on in there!

Well have had a sleep on sofa.....much more comfy than my bed at the mo.....had a contraction at 10.30 which woke me, dozed again and another woke me at 11....but nothing since.
Am sitting doing my ironing as my back is killing and I have a lot of pressure near the back end. Just wish the contractions came more regularly.......oh well im sure she will be here soon.......anyway I will be having an examination tomorrow at hospital in the morning if she has not put in an appearance !!!!

I hope it speeds up for you Sonia - must be really frustrating.

Hopefully all this "pre labour" means that once you get going you really get going and that pressure you are feeling sounds good - maybe head pressing down on cervix :D.

Fingers crossed for you - hope you meet your daughter soon :D

Had a bit of a show ........just woke up and as soon as I sat up had a contraction........each time I need a pee ....lol.
So discharge with streaks of pinky red so good sign.......hopefully by tomorrow night little miss trouble will be here.

Yup, that sounds like a show to me hunni!

Have you had any other niggles, backache or anything. Has the midwife confirmed that babes head is engaged or anything because if you're wee'ing like that maybe her head has come down a bit more?

Really hoping this it is, have all fingers crossed for you! IOL is not nice :(

All sounds promising sonkie.. Even if you do need to go for induction tomorrow (not that theyll do it yet unless your spd etc is bad enough) hopefully you'll be favourable enough to bypass prostins at least and just go for them rupturing your waters.. That may be enough in itself to get you going!

hopefully you'll be favourable enough to bypass prostins at least and just go for them rupturing your waters.. That may be enough in itself to get you going!

Depends on the dialtation of the cervix. At our trust and in accordance with NICE guidelines we can only ARM when in established labour.

Sonkie, are you actually being induced tomorrow or just booked? Really hope your contractions kick off tonight :)

Hi guys it is just to get booked in for induction.....but midwife said they will do internal so hopefully will be dilated !!
Have had back ache since yesterday to the point where no position is really comfortable.
Helen the spd is not too bad just getting my legs up on the bed or chair...and the initial walking around after getting up is not good. But definately not as bad as you suffered.

u crazy person! get off the net and get pushing!! lol!

good luck hun, cant wait to see the pics of li'l hannah!

Back