new mums & mums to be !!! Who`s baby is due next ???

Having a bad day today......poor Hannah has been crying so much,.....me too, hope this passes soon, her crying and not being able to do anything for her is so hard and draining.

The breast feeding is tough when you family to take of. Try gretting Mark towear one of the tops you were feedingher in....the smellof breast milk helps sooth sometimes...works with my little guy!

Oooh, lovely lil Welsh second name for baby Hannah!

I just love this thread, you should all post LOADS more piccies :) Well done ladies, can't wait to have my own xx

I've been staying somewhat quiet recently.

Don't get me wrong - the pictures of all your little ones are GORGEOUS (wish there were more of them) - but I'm absolutely scared stiff at the idea of looking after my little one when he arrives. I find tinies very frightening. Possibly down to the fact I've never had to look after one.

The idea of crying and all aspects of looking after a tiny is very worrying. I'm really scared I don't cope...

I've been staying somewhat quiet recently.

Don't get me wrong - the pictures of all your little ones are GORGEOUS (wish there were more of them) - but I'm absolutely scared stiff at the idea of looking after my little one when he arrives. I find tinies very frightening. Possibly down to the fact I've never had to look after one.

The idea of crying and all aspects of looking after a tiny is very worrying. I'm really scared I don't cope...

Hey dont worry, there are plenty of people to help, you wont be discharged from the community midwife until you are ready, also you have the health visitor or gp if you need help. Also we will give help and advice too.......!
At the moment Hannah wants cuddles most of the time though I think me laying her on her tummy on my chest helps with the pain. Also a good support network will be great, I dont have too many people around to help.

Agree....support network really makes a difference....I just have my husband and 6 year old so it can be tough going at times....see friends who have a wide family support and it really helps you back on your feet and with coping so much better...

ps Sonkie - Hannah looks so lovely in her dress....must post some of my guy in his salior outfit - it looks so cuteeee

Ah sarah, its not as scary as you think! One thing I would also recommend is joining a good baby group - the one in the village has done wonders for my confidence as most people have usually hit the same problems you are and it just reassures you that you're normal!

Jocelyns colic is a lot worse this evening but we had a lovely night overnight last night, she slept for 6 hours from 10.30 til I woke her just before 4.30! All swings and roundabouts I guess! (where on earth did that phrase come from?!)

Agree....support network really makes a difference....I just have my husband and 6 year old so it can be tough going at times....see friends who have a wide family support and it really helps you back on your feet and with coping so much better...

I am lucky if Mark holds her while I go to the toilet, yet if she is sleeping everyone touches her and wants to hold her.

ps Sonkie - Hannah looks so lovely in her dress....must post some of my guy in his salior outfit - it looks so cuteeee

Thanx....I have put pictures in my gallery about 3 ...lol....cant remember.
Midwife told me to give Hannah a dummy when she cries with her colic, but I have been told it will confuse her...?????

maybe that's part of what worries me... I moved here 6 years ago. My family and friends are really back in Scotland, and I'm in Norfolk.

My oh's mum is ages with my gran and stays a reasonable distance away and doesn't drive. We're really rural. I'm sure my parents will come and visit a fair bit and my mum will come down when I'm due for a while...

I think I'm just so used to working and being around people and being busy - that I'm worried about spending lots of time on my own AND with a tiny.

Sarah - then have a chat with your mw, ask her for some recommendations for groups.. Go when you're ready but, honestly, it's done me the world of good - just getting out there and being with other mums is lovely! The nct does regular meet ups and you dont have to have done the classes antenatally to go to them, I enquired because I couldn't hacve got to the classes if I'd tried but I'd be more than welcome to go to the meets and nights out!

Sonkie - the theory is that breastfed babies shouldn't have dummys until 6 weeks, reason being that if they're going through a growth spurt and wanting to suck because they need to up your milk supply then giving them a dummy cant acheive that! However, sucking is known to help colic - especially the big round teated dummys )rather than the more flat ones) which is probably why she's suggested it.. If you give it to her and she genuinely is hungry she'll soon let you know that the dummy isn't what she wants!

maybe that's part of what worries me... I moved here 6 years ago. My family and friends are really back in Scotland, and I'm in Norfolk.

My oh's mum is ages with my gran and stays a reasonable distance away and doesn't drive. We're really rural. I'm sure my parents will come and visit a fair bit and my mum will come down when I'm due for a while...

I think I'm just so used to working and being around people and being busy - that I'm worried about spending lots of time on my own AND with a tiny.

Thats good advice from Sunflower...when I had my first I was a bit the same. Just moved to a new town and knew nobody. All my work friends didnt have kids and it was tough going. I went to a baby massage course in the town close by and met some lovely mums....also did a post natal yoga class that you could bring your tots with you...we used to go for lunch afterwards and keep in touch by phone for support.....it really made a difference...maybe have look now at whats around for when you have the baby......

Thanx....I have put pictures in my gallery about 3 ...lol....cant remember.
Midwife told me to give Hannah a dummy when she cries with her colic, but I have been told it will confuse her...?????

More good advice from Sunflower!! I have a dummy (on standby) sometimes they just want a little comfort suck - my guy does when I put him in this crib after a long feed just to send him off to sleep but boy oh boy -he lets me know if he wants the real thing!!!;)

I could try it as she (and you) have been having a tough time with the colic....and she what she thinks?

Jocelyn's not very well today.. She's been very unsettled in the evenings for the last couple of days but to be honest it seems to be colic symptoms so we weren't too worried and have been dosing her up with infacol.. Last night though she just wasn't herself - wasn't handling appropriately or feeding like she did usually.. Went into town with her to meet my parents and she just got more and more unsettled and more and more pale.. She also had a rash but it was only on her face and, to be honest, she generally has non-viral spots on her face most of the time - most likely the way the baby excretes the hormones in breast milk Took her to the minor injuries unit in the town as she was really white bless her, she does have a temperature but he doesn't know what's caused it..

Frustrating thing is we use calpol on NICU on teeny teeny babies but it's calculated at a certain amount of mls per kg to give a specific dose for each baby - but because it's not been prescribed I cant give it til 2 months.. She's 6 weeks today so still to early..

Hope she's better soon.. It's her baptism tomorrow too bless her so hope she's well enough..

Oh sunflower....sorry to hear she's not well. Thats so worrying - have you considered given your GP a buzz to see what he/she says (sorry grandmother and eggs).....or the hospital directly. I have rang them about my little guys weight gain etc and they are sooo sensible.

Hope she turns around soon and is up for her christening ceremony....

Ihave a couple of dummies on standby, tried her with one but she just wouldnt take it, though she will happily suck my finger.....not ideal but better than sore nipples...lol.
Though if she is genuinely hungry she will not settle with my finger. We have had a better day today though she is starting to get windy, the infacol seems to be working.

thanks bea, she is a lot brighter today thankfully!

(I did take her to the hospital before I posted yesterday -we went to the minor injuries unit!)

thanks bea, she is a lot brighter today thankfully!

(I did take her to the hospital before I posted yesterday -we went to the minor injuries unit!)

Oh thats great....babies are great at boucing back....just keeping you on your toes. Hope you have a lovely time today.:D

Ihave a couple of dummies on standby, tried her with one but she just wouldnt take it, though she will happily suck my finger.....not ideal but better than sore nipples...lol.
Though if she is genuinely hungry she will not settle with my finger. We have had a better day today though she is starting to get windy, the infacol seems to be working.

Hmmmm - our two must be reading each others minds.....total refusal of the dummy yesterday and again today - will suck my finger (not ideal as my son thinks its now totally ok to stick your finger in baby's mouth!)...:p

He's fast asleep now so going to have a shower and shave my legs - now that I can reach down - they are seriously fluffy!!:eek:

Back