new mums & mums to be !!! Who`s baby is due next ???

Ihave a couple of dummies on standby, tried her with one but she just wouldnt take it, though she will happily suck my finger.....not ideal but better than sore nipples...lol.
Though if she is genuinely hungry she will not settle with my finger. We have had a better day today though she is starting to get windy, the infacol seems to be working.

Hiya Sonks :)

Sorry to hear that the dreaded colic is giving you all a battering at the moment.:( I can also remember feeling so helpless to ease anything when my kids were that age. All 3 of them suffered with it for the first few weeks and were being breastfed.

I don't know if this idea may help or if you have already tried it but if things just got too much sometimes and both me and babykins were in tears, I used to get the pram out, wrap them up, prop them up a bit on a baby pillow to help with the colic and walk around the block a few times.

Sometimes it worked. Baby would drop off to sleep and the fresh air would make me feel better, less stressed and not feel like a caged animal:sigh: I walked for an hour or so sometimes, I remember.

Another thing we did with our youngest, who really had bad colic, was to put him in his bouncy chair or car seat while he was asleep after the late feed, strap him in, cover him up and then put the seat inside the cot next to our bed. It worked a lot of the time, because of the angle he was sleeping at I believe, and he would sleep for a good 4-5 hour stretch.

Hope any of this helps hun. It doesn't last forever so take good care of yourself as well and pass that gorgeous girlie to Daddy more often....!!!lol ;):D:D:D

Last edited:
Another thing we did with our youngest, who really had bad colic, was to put him in his bouncy chair or car seat while he was asleep after the late feed, strap him in, cover him up and then put the seat inside the cot next to our bed. It worked a lot of the time, because of the angle he was sleeping at I believe, and he would sleep for a good 4-5 hour stretch.

This is what my sister does with her babies who are suffering from really bad colic. Ang on, she's a consultant paediatrician (she doesn't collect babies.....yet!!)

Awww, poor ickle mites and poor mums! I'm gettin loads of little tips for one day in the not too distant future. Thank you! xx

Even though I have been lucky my little un doesnt seem to have colic........but these are great tips - thanks for posting.

Hiya.........had a busy day today, went into town before taking Cal to his ADHD appointment, well Hannah spent more time in my arms than her pram....the dreaded colic reared its ugly head so popped into boots for infacol.
Callum was a star helping by pushing the pram etc. She did sleep for an hour on the way home thankfully.

I had noticed she settles quicker when upright......think I will try her in her bouncy chair tonight. I am a member on a breastfeeding site, a couple of people have recommended camomile.......has anyone got any thoughts on this ???? For me to take that is though one person said to mix tabs with cooled boiled water and give by syringe to baby.....!!!

Dont know Sonkie....my sis is an Aromatherapist...will text her and ask...

Not having a great day or night either....Oisin is feeding every 1.5 hours and sleeping for 20 mintues at a time....hmmmm.....going to try to express later so hubby can feed and i can get more than an hours sleep....anyone tried expressing yet?

I have not yet tried expressing....though I got a couple of Tommee tippee nuby dummies, Hannah took a while to get going but once she got the hang of it she loved it, though she is only getting it when in pain.

Yeah, we express - I'll not take off much though deliberately, maybe 40-80mls in one go and then freeze it, we'll then use it when I'm in church or something.. We had her baptised last sunday and gave her as much as she wanted prior to the service (and a bit more as it was just starting), she took 220mls (!) and slept from 10am until I woke her at 1.45 to change a nappy!!

Bea - are you going to use a pump? Ive found the avent hand pump ok although a little sore.. I've got an electric one somewhere, must dig it out and try it.. It's lovely for hubby to be able to
do the odd feed, nice bonding time for him and a rest for me! When you're expressing, your milk is more plentiful and better quality in the morning and also you wont get anywhere near as much off as your baby will so dont panic if you dont get much off at first!

I think jocelyn is goin through another growth spurt as she's feed feed feed feed again.. Car journeys are done in 5 mile stretches with 20 minute feeds in between!! As I said, we had her baptised on sunday which was lovely, she looked and behaved like an absolute angel - bare;y even woke up when she had the water poured over her! I'll post up soon pics soon! We had a big cake at the back of the church for all the congregation/choir to enjoy and then had family/god parents/close friends back to the pub in the village for some fud afterwards, was a really lovely day.. It was our wedding anniversary yesterday too which was lovely - and all the more special to have Jocelyn with us, something we'd hoped for but you never want to assume that it will be the case!

What time are your babies going down in the evening? Jocelyn goes to sleep between 10.30 and 11.30, putting her down before that as she only really sleeps for 5-15min before then, if at all.. What time do your babies go down? Also when will she start going down earlier?

Hi ladies & babies
I hope all is going well for you and your little ones. I have had alot of trouble with Kayla she is my naughty baby lol, i knew i would get one eventually :)
I cant get her to sleep in her cot, or the moses basket(that has now become a dumping ground for her clothes as she has too many and i have no where else to put them)
At the moment she is constipated which has been hell to watch, i have never seen a baby cry like that poor thing. The health visitor advise trying to give her more water and mix it with apple or orange juice. Although my mother in law and my mother said give her a teaspoon of prune juice.
She is a good baby though, still sleeps most of the day, does'nt stop smiling. She goes down at 11pm normally and will sleep till around 5am.

Hannah usually goes to sleep between 10 and 11........mostly sleeping until about 4-5am, though this morning it was 2.30. The colic has got a little better, I am taking chamomile pilules every 2 hours .....oh ok when I remember to take them, whether they are helping or not I dont have a clue, but I also have a small cushion under her mattress in her moses basket so she is not lying flat.........this has increased her sleeping to better quality and for longer. She is still having the infacol and dummy when need be.......she has not had trouble latching on to the breast but I do have to wiggle the dummy a fair bit before she sucks on it. The suckling does help her settle when in pain.......and it saves my nipples from taking a bashing as she would root as if looking for food when in pain......which if she fed even for a short time it would increase the pain so much more.

Hi all.....my little guy goes down between 10.30 and 11.30 but is now waking every two hours for a feed....was at the clinic this am that the nurse said its a growth spur....could have guessed that myself....he put on 11 ozs in 7 days - so they dont want to see me again till September!! Really hope he settles a bit more this week - feeling wrecked!

Tried pumping got about 2 ozs which took me 20 minutes.. I fed him back to get used to the bottle....drank it in about 3 minutes......will express some more tomorrow am (thanks for the tip sunflower!) and get dad to feed in the afternoon....while I catch a few zzzzzssss

Ooh, forgot to say, we had our 6 week check today!

He was really pleased with her! He's been my GP for 23 years (apart from when I was at uni) so it was nice for me to be able to show him Jocelyn!

Everything was fine with her heart and hips etc, her head measurement is nicely on track and she's gained another 11oz (2 weeks) so she's still on the 7th centile, just above it now actually (and was just under last time she got weighed so hopefully she'll get back up to the 91st line she was born on!) so all going well!

0077.gif

Apparently though there's a nationwide shortage of vaccinations (?) so she cant have her jabs at 8 weeks, earliest they can do her is the 30th July when she'll be nearly 10 weeks!

Wow loving the pictures.......a shortage of vaccinations, blimey not long ago people were not having there children done. We got a good 5 hours sleep last night....woohoo.

How much weight did you put on when you were expecing... and how much of that came straight back off when you all gave birth ?

After having been so good early part of the year - I'm paranoid since I stopped dieting. I weighed again this morning and I've put on exactly 4.1/2lb so far...

Diet wise - I'm not dieting - but I am staying on track and avoiding fatty things and try to not have too many carbs. I've got a bar of chocolate in my bag incase I get the wobbles or feel light headed - but it's been there a good month or more now... so I'm still managing to stay off that too.

Is this a normal gain for my term - or am I putting on a little bit too quickly ?

Ticker is current weight since started the diet - including what i put on. I must admit - I don't like to see it going back up !!

Sarah - personally I gained almost 35lbs plus I had just over 2 stone to loose to get to goal before I got pregnant....so I put my ticker back up with the new weight loss target.....

There are lots of guidelines for min/max weight gain but to be honest I wouldnt get too hung up on weight gain once you are being sensible and eating well.

Are you guys really hungry as a result of the bf? I eat really well - today so far Ive had biggish bowl cereal for brekkie and jacket spud with tuna, salad and a boiled egg (I know they dont necessarily go but I wanted it for extra protein!).. Also had some grapes and a yogurt.. Had similar yesterday (beans instead of tuna though and apple instead of grapes!) but both days Ive been starving by mid afternoon.. For supper I had a morocan fish stew (onion, fish, can of chickpeas, 400mls passatta, 200mls water, garlic, fresh chilli. dried paprika, cumin and tumeric - very quick to make (10-15 min) and very yummy!) with some new potatoes.. Admittedly we ate really early because hubby needed to leave for work at 5.45 (damn 7pm start with 75minute drive!) but by 9pm I was starving again.. I had a sandwhich before going to bed but by 4am my tummy was rumbling really loudly..

Im not seeming to be losing weight at all, if anything Im a pound or two heavier than 2 weeks ago.. Do you guys get this hungry too or have I just got to ignore it and ride through it? Im trying so hard to eat well and ignore rubbish food - not easy with all the cakes at baby group each week!
0002.gif
I cant ever see me being out of mat clothes at this rate and I never wanted to be either a big mum or one who didnt lose the baby weight but Im not really sure what to do as Ive never known hunger like it!

Ive finally found the bluetooth thing so we've been able to get the photos off the phones!

Jocelyn-Harris/Birth to 6 weeks - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Baptism photos are on this one, we've not had them all sent to us yet though!

Jocelyn-Harris/Baptism 06-07-08 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

What wonderful photos! You all look like such a happy family.....

I must get mine organised into files/albums etc - they are still on our camera/mobile phones...

What wonderful photos! You all look like such a happy family.....

I must get mine organised into files/albums etc - they are still on our camera/mobile phones...

Thank you Bea!! Must admit it will be nice for family/friends/godparents to mooch through when they wish without us feeling like we're forcing pics on people!

Just to let you know, on advice, Ive password protected the albums so the links wont take you straight to the pics now.. Sad that you have to be so careful..

Back