new mums & mums to be !!! Who`s baby is due next ???

Are you guys really hungry as a result of the bf? I eat really well - today so far Ive had biggish bowl cereal for brekkie and jacket spud with tuna, salad and a boiled egg (I know they dont necessarily go but I wanted it for extra protein!).. Also had some grapes and a yogurt.. Had similar yesterday (beans instead of tuna though and apple instead of grapes!) but both days Ive been starving by mid afternoon.. For supper I had a morocan fish stew (onion, fish, can of chickpeas, 400mls passatta, 200mls water, garlic, fresh chilli. dried paprika, cumin and tumeric - very quick to make (10-15 min) and very yummy!) with some new potatoes.. Admittedly we ate really early because hubby needed to leave for work at 5.45 (damn 7pm start with 75minute drive!) but by 9pm I was starving again.. I had a sandwhich before going to bed but by 4am my tummy was rumbling really loudly..

Im not seeming to be losing weight at all, if anything Im a pound or two heavier than 2 weeks ago.. Do you guys get this hungry too or have I just got to ignore it and ride through it? Im trying so hard to eat well and ignore rubbish food - not easy with all the cakes at baby group each week!
0002.gif
I cant ever see me being out of mat clothes at this rate and I never wanted to be either a big mum or one who didnt lose the baby weight but Im not really sure what to do as Ive never known hunger like it!

Wouldn`t all the garlic onions etc make Jocelyn`s colic worse, I am avoiding all those types of food and Hannah has improved slightly.....health visitor told me not to eat any onions, garlic, or have too much caffeine etc as this will make them worse, but I already knew that.

On the weight thing....I lost a few pounds but the scales are NOT MOVING at all now....I have such a food craving its not real.....constantly have my head in the fridge. Trying to eat fruit, veggies but have such a carb craving its scary.......

sonkie - there wasnt much garlic in there.. I know she's ok with raw onions as I ate loads of those pre colic with no effect and it doesnt seem to make her worse if I have them.. But cooked might be upsetting her, thank you - will cut out!

Bea - I have serious carb cravings too! Ive found over the last couple of days having a jacket spud for lunch has really helped both the hunger and the carb cravings! So am following slimming world concepts to lose the weight now!

I've just been and ordered the cot today ! It's not coming until end of September ... but given Mamas and Papas have a sale on... it seemed worth doing now. 4 > 6 week standard wait - but I arranged it for a bit later

oooh, exciting! which one have you gone for?

What beautiful photos Sunflower, thanks so much for sharing. She's a credit to you both

Ok today eating no rubbish.....I made an appointment to have my 6 weeks check up which will see me back at the gym for 45 minutes each day from about 1st August.....better get expressing working....will try again today...actually now would be a good time based on sunflower's advice....

Good luck Bea! Must admit its not been as easy to start losing weight as I thought, Ive been so hungry! Ive had a really good 3 days though! Ive started my 4 weeks again, only another 25 days to go to see how much Ive lost!

Hope the expressing goes well, Ive started (as of today) keeping a bottle in the fridge each day which I'll hand express the odd 10-20mls off regularly and then give it to her in the evening.. I gave her a bath in the evening yesterday instead of the morning and it seemed to settle her more but then she fed for ages.. If I can build up a reasonable feed during the day a bath and a full tummy might help her settle more quickly!

Good luck on the 25 days....bringing my two boys for a walk to the village to buy dinner this afternoon....need to get moving a bit more it should help shift the pounds (less time to think about food)....

How did you go with the expressing this morning bea?

I've been out all day so Ive only got the 80mls that I took off post morning feed.. Ive realised I have a really fast let down at times and I think this is whats making her so colicky - there are times when my let down is really strong and at that point she'll keep coming on and off, make lots of clicking noises and, because she doesnt need to suck, she doesnt have a seal so swallows air too.. Each tiome she comes off its almost a race to get her back on before I drown her, it's just pouring out in jets.. Poor thing - Im chasing her to try and get her to latch back on but the more she struggles the more drowned she gets and the more cross.. Meanwhile I'm trying not to laugh!!

Ive also changed her bedtime routine to bathing in the evening, she loved it last night and really cried when I got her out.. Im also going to express more each day so that I can top her up with expressed milk after her bath, my milk volume just isnt as good in the evening and, where I can only feed on one side, as fast as I make it - she drinks it! So hopefully a good top up will help her settle and let her go to sleep earlier! We shall see!

Went to a fair in our local town today as part of carnival week - took food with me and stuck to it, even declined icecreams when everyone else had one! :D 4 days down, 24 to go!

Result! She wolfed down the 80mls in 5 minutes but was still looking for more so latched her on - she only needed 15 min.. Within an hour of getting out of the bath she was in her cot and stayed asleep for 6 hours!

Have expressed off 130mls already this morning, hubby is finally off nights (he did 5) so he can do the feed tonight which will be nice for him.. Will carry on expressing a bit more today and then she can take as much tonight as she wants and the rest can go in the freezer!

Had a major feeding day again yesterday...didnt really get a break except for our trip to the village to buy food for dinner....was feeding every 1.5/2 hours so very little to express.....he slept from 10pm to 2pm and feed for about 2 hours non-stop again....he's asleep now so need to catch up on a few zzzzs myself and have a shower.....will try expressing again in a while.....

sunflower - try tapping your nipples it prevents/stops let down....I do it when I feel it coming and dont need to use breast pads at all - a canadian girl gave me the advice when I had my first son....it works for me!

Thank you! Presuming you mean tap the end? Dumb ? alert but what about the one in her mouth?

Im getting it while expressing too now - makes life easy, just hold the bottle there!!

Sorry to hear she's feeding so much again, hope she ups your milk quickly! Have you just updated your ticker? Glad it's moving along! We both have about the same to go actually!

Awww, she never goes down in the day!

Attachments

• 14072008144.jpg
    14072008144.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 29
Oh thats a lovely sight....baby asleep! Yeah tap the nipple.....although using it to fill your bottles is an even better one!

He's more settle today and feeding at 3 hour intervals....have my mum coming to tea and more family tomorrow....need to get into a routine (a better routine) think it will also help with the weight thing also....rather than grabbing food when I think I have a break and end up eating far too often...

Updated my ticker to reflect weight after giving birth and weight now (ie today)....scales havent moved in over a week though...in fact put in a pound but least I dont feel soooo bad that I did loose a few......I am just over two stone heavier than when I got pregnant which isnt bad really.....would prefer to loose naturally than going on LT if I am honest.......

Bea and Sunflower - I admire you both so much - seems like there is a hell of a lot of determination (and pain) that goes into breastfeeding.

I'm kinda glad mine has another 16 weeks of cooking time left !!!!!

sarah - it's hard work but it's something I passionately believe in so am very committed!

bea - I've been trying that today, it really works!! Glad you've had a better day..

Jocelyn took 140mls this evening and had 5 minutes on me before she started to fall asleep - looks like I need to aim for 150mls!

Wow how long since I last came online ?????
Not getting much time to myself, Mark really cannot handle Hannah, as soon as she passes wind or cries he tries to hand her back, so I go and do something and try to take my time.......but it doesnt take long until Hannah is screaming as he is not relaxed whilst she cries.

Thankfully Marks mum and dad will be down next week so will get time then, ive been struggling to even get a bath what with her colic etc.She is spending more time awake during the day, and enjoying sitting in her bouncy chair.

Took her to baby clinic today, she now weighs 7lb 15.5oz..........she was so dainty against the other babies there......bless, her weight is on the same line as her birth weight so doing well.

It's hard sonkie isn't it? With having a bath - have you thought about getting in there with Hannah? The warm water (and warmer than is usually recommended, she'll soon let you know if it's too warm for her!) is really soothing for colic! I'll take Jocelyn in with me sometimes, she feeds away happily and the warmth of the water soothes her tum - and I get to relax in the bath for 30 minutes or so!

Mark really cannot handle Hannah, as soon as she passes wind or cries he tries to hand her back, so I go and do something and try to take my time.......but it doesnt take long until Hannah is screaming as he is not relaxed whilst she cries.
See - as a first timer... I think this is what worries me most. They're so tiny and fragile as littlies and I'm mega worried about having to touch them and how to soothe them. I'm terrified at the idea of having to handle them actually.. Maybe I'm worrying about nothing as everyone says it's different when you have your own... but I'm just worried I can't do it.

Can you tell I'm a born worrier ??? :wave_cry:

Back