new mums & mums to be !!! Who`s baby is due next ???

I havent tried a bath together sounds lovely....will do that one of the nights....

having my hubby sis and 2 kids to stay....the extra handling is not going down well and he's picking up on me being a bit extra stressed too I think......

Still only managing to express about 2 ozs but I know i have plenty cos it flows out of me when he's feeding...just cant seem to get let down...will try each morning and see how it goes.......

Wow how long since I last came online ?????
Not getting much time to myself, Mark really cannot handle Hannah, as soon as she passes wind or cries he tries to hand her back, so I go and do something and try to take my time.......but it doesnt take long until Hannah is screaming as he is not relaxed whilst she cries.

Thankfully Marks mum and dad will be down next week so will get time then, ive been struggling to even get a bath what with her colic etc.She is spending more time awake during the day, and enjoying sitting in her bouncy chair.

Took her to baby clinic today, she now weighs 7lb 15.5oz..........she was so dainty against the other babies there......bless, her weight is on the same line as her birth weight so doing well.

My hubby was exactly like that on our first (so much so it was only when I went back to work that he spent any time with his son) based on what I learnt ...when you can express some milk he might have to learn how to know her "the hard way";);)...take an hour or two to go and get your hair done...leave him with the bottle and plenty of nappies - he'll get there........hugs its tough going!!

Mark really cannot handle Hannah, as soon as she passes wind or cries he tries to hand her back, so I go and do something and try to take my time.......but it doesnt take long until Hannah is screaming as he is not relaxed whilst she cries.
See - as a first timer... I think this is what worries me most. They're so tiny and fragile as littlies and I'm mega worried about having to touch them and how to soothe them. I'm terrified at the idea of having to handle them actually.. Maybe I'm worrying about nothing as everyone says it's different when you have your own... but I'm just worried I can't do it.

Can you tell I'm a born worrier ??? :wave_cry:

Think we all worry a bit like that....but it does come to you promise!!:D

I havent tried a bath together sounds lovely....will do that one of the nights....

having my hubby sis and 2 kids to stay....the extra handling is not going down well and he's picking up on me being a bit extra stressed too I think......

Still only managing to express about 2 ozs but I know i have plenty cos it flows out of me when he's feeding...just cant seem to get let down...will try each morning and see how it goes.......

I used to do it from the other breast as I was breastfeeding as they are encouraging the let down for you.

Thanks for the tip....have tried that also and its a little better but not much!

Sonkie, Sunflower, Nina, Naomi, Sarah - how we all doing????

Had the worse night ever with Hannah, the colic was really bad, though she was feeding pretty much every 2 hours or so. Got some gripe water last night as she is now 4 weeks old..........that shifted a fair bit of wind. Though she is very clingy .....though if you are in pain you want comforting.

Sorry to hear you having such a tough time with colic....sounds hellish. Good old gripe water....my mum swore by it....there were 5 of us as kids as she said 3 had really bad colic. I can relate to the feeding every 2 hours...on the positive side - they are growing!!

I'm still here.

I felt positively dreadfull the past couple of days. Today has much improved. I've struggled to sleep - and ended up curled up in a ball at the bottom of the bed... then downstairs ...upstairs, spare room... you name it. On top of that, generally rough and rubbish !

My work colleagues think it's been lack of calories, and they may be right. I've been eating cherry tomatoes, the odd apple or some grapes and that's it at lunch time for the last few weeks. Cereal has been a rarity - as has breakfast. So I've been on some fruit lunchtimes and a normal meal at night, but still fairly low carb.

I had a fried egg on toast this am , a slice of some banana bread and some watermelon for lunch... and had some baked beans and a gammon steak tonight. I'll admit it - I do feel a lot better this eve.... I've pretty much taken the healthy eating thing to just too much of an extreme I think.....

:triestoputsensiblehaton:

Been a busy day at work yet again - finally the big move is nearly over. Just as well ! Next week is going to be chaos. There are now 3 of us full time and Martin is part time. Colin is on holiday all next week. Jim has jury duty - so no idea how long he is going to have off. I'm on a plumbing course / exams next Thursday... Thankfully Martin is covering for Colin next week - but it could be just the two of us.. and Martin only on Thursday !

Hiya guys, hope all are well!

Things are good here, Jocelyn's colic has good days and bad days but I'm really starting to work out what affects her in terms of my diet so definite steps forward there! Giving her a bottle of expressed milk last feed is working out well - although I'm now up to expressing 220mls of milk each morning and she STILL wants a breastfeed before going to sleep!! Aiming for 230 this morning, hopefully that should be enough for our hollow legged girl! She still really cries, bless her, when we get her out of the bath - she'll stop straight away though if we put her back in so I think it's just that she realy enjoys the bath, we've made the bathroom really warm so that she doesn't come out in to cold air and it makes no difference.. Shame though, she gets so relaxed in the bath, if we could dry her and dress her in the water she'd be happy........ ;)

Other than that, her big news is SHE SLEPT THROUGH!!! She went to sleep about 9.30ish and didn't wake until 5.55! 7 and a half hours!! (Proud mummy moment! :D ) I didn't fare quite so well, I'd fallen asleep while feeding her (if I put my head and shoulders in her cot (bedside, so one side completely down!) so I woke up about 11ish, I then woke up again at about 2am and came down to express - but then went back to sleep and the next thing I knew it was pretty much 6am! A repeat tonight would be lovely but not expecting it yet, she's 8 weeks old today so it's quite early to be sleeping through! (And isn't that proving the old bag who was on bringing up baby who advocated the 1950s route who said babies who co-share will never sleep through early!)

How long does it take to express 200mls...out of interest...

Erm, Im hand expressing so probably about 30-60 minutes depending how full I am and how frequent the let down cycles are!

Well where do I start ......?
Since Hannah has been 4 weeks old I have been giving her gripe water for her colic, which seems to have helped more than the infacol......well after her feed she started with her usual colic symptoms so went to give her some, not a good idea with a screaming baby.
Anyway she screamed breathing in as I gave her a sip and she started choking, then she went blue/purple and her body went rigid, thankfully as a registered childminder I had to do first aid so went into automatic pilot, tipping her down along my forearm, and patted her firmly on her back.......it seemed to go on for ages, she couldnt breathe !

After what must have been 30 seconds she got colour back in her face.....though she has been very quiet since......rang nhs direct and they said as she breathing ok now and is normal colour to keep an eye on her......!

I have just about stopped shaking from the shock.

I think all new parents should have some basic first aid training.

OMG Sonkie how awful....you must be in terrible shock. I agree about the first aid....I am married to a paramedic and he agrees - so many incidents with kids can be dealt with if parents had the course. Well done you for acting so quickly....she sounds like she is fine. Keep us posted....

Gosh sonkie, that must have really frightened you.. Glad she's ok - and another vote for knoweing first aid.. All nicu/tcw babies at our hospital are given basic life support but it would be great if all parents could have it.. One thing Ive found help me give meds is to pop a teat nto their mouth (minus bottle) and then drop the meds in to the teat.. Because theyre already sucking it helps their breathe/suck/swallow co-ordination!

Hope you feel better later - and Hannah too, colic's rotten isnt it? Jocelyn cried/screamed from just before 12 until about 15 minutes ago.. I had lots of raspberries yesterday, the only thing I can think of thats new.. Wont be eating those again!

Wow, she slept through again! Went to sleep at 9.15 after 215mls with no breastfeed top up and didnt wake til 5.15! Clever pudding!

She's full of smiles this morning bless her! Ive got a hideous cold, hope she doesny catch it..

She's doing great on the night sleeping that almost a complete nights sleep....I'm getting max 5 hours at the moment but it feels great compared to waking every 2 hours!!

Poor little mite is covered in milk spots they seem to have flared up the last two days - looks really awful - worse after feeding and then calm down.....

Planning a long walk and grocery shop enroute today....hmmm eating too much bread/carbs at the moment - feel sooo sluggish.....

Well where do I start ......?
Since Hannah has been 4 weeks old I have been giving her gripe water for her colic, which seems to have helped more than the infacol......well after her feed she started with her usual colic symptoms so went to give her some, not a good idea with a screaming baby.
Anyway she screamed breathing in as I gave her a sip and she started choking, then she went blue/purple and her body went rigid, thankfully as a registered childminder I had to do first aid so went into automatic pilot, tipping her down along my forearm, and patted her firmly on her back.......it seemed to go on for ages, she couldnt breathe !

After what must have been 30 seconds she got colour back in her face.....though she has been very quiet since......rang nhs direct and they said as she breathing ok now and is normal colour to keep an eye on her......!

I have just about stopped shaking from the shock.

I think all new parents should have some basic first aid training.

owww hun, that must have been awful. Its different when its someone elses child...something takes over me and I deal with it, but I freeze when its my daughter. I'm useless. My friends child got a hard boiled sweet lodged in the back of her throat. Before I knew it, she was upside down with me hitting her back and it popping out of her mouth at a mighty rate, but if it had been my daughter, I'm not sure what I'd have done.

My daughter cried for the first three months with colic. Every night from 6 - 7ish til about midnight. I often cried with her coz I was so knackered and didn't know what to do. I remember phoning NHS Direct and them telling me to strip her to her nappy and lie down on my back. Then lay her on my bare chest. She settled right down.

I love reading these threads. You're all doing a fab job. xx

Just saying hello girls and to all your gorgeous babykins :D

You're all doing an amazing job as Mum's as it ain't easy is it? :rolleyes::D:D:D

Hannah has had a very sore bum, I have been using cotton wool and water so nothing to aggravate her, also using bepanthen as this works the best so far, she has been sobbing, can tell she in pain but its different to her colic cry so not sure if it could be something else but she cries real tears and shakes with the pain !!!!!
Gonna see health visitor on thursday so hopefully she can help. She back on infacol now as I dont want a repeat of saturdays incident.

Back