new mums & mums to be !!! Who`s baby is due next ???

Aww sonkie, she's gorgeous!! She's really grown bless her!

Bea - it's tiring isn't it? Could you co-share at night? You can get bed guards to go along the edge of your bed so they cant roll out! Hope he settles soon for you, how long do his growth spurts usually last?

I must admit I've gone back to co-sharing at the moment as she has "good" nights of sleep and nights where she wakes once or twice for a feed.. I've also stopped expressing in the mornings as it was getting silly, she'd take 260mls and still want a bf - ended up I was grabbing any chance she wasn't feeding to express the odd 10-15mls to top up the amount I'd expressed in themorning so found I was either expressing or feeding all day.. Much more relaxed now I'm just bf again! Funnily enough we're having more good days than we were with her colic (probably 30:70 good:bad) so wonder if having a large volume of milk in the evening wasn't helping?

Oh wow...she looks so adorable in her little outfit! Delighted you got on so well with the inlaws...hopefully they will visit regularly! Have you booked your 6 week appointment? I have ours on Tuesday a few days over but only date I could get!

Not yet the health visitor said I should get a letter, but if iv not heard by 7 wks to ring the surgery.
Marks parents left this morning, both had tears.......bless. Though I must admit im missing them, and having someone to watch Hannah while I do a bit of housework

Awh Sonkie - they obviously had a lovely time and really enjoyed their grand-daughter. And it sounds like they were a great help.

Hmmm I couldnt get our check up appointment for both of us at the same time. So mine is Tuesday and bringing him again on Thursday - phew. The hospital is about 40 minutes away so not happy to make the journey twice in one week....anyhooo

I finally expressed enough milk so hubby could do a feed last night..but I know what you mean Sunflower it took me almost 1 1/2 hours to get 200mls so I was literally feeding and expressing all day. I will be back to work a few weeks after Christmas I think I will introduce one bottle of formula per day when he reaches 12ish weeks - it will also mean I could get down to the gym for an hour as hubby can mind him and have a bottle as a contingency if he get hungry....

How are you doing Sarah....you are almost in the home stretch.

Hannah was weighed this morning, she now weighs 8lb 15.5oz and still on the same centile line as birth so is doing well considering her colic.
The health visitor was given "colief" by a mum to pass on to anyone who needed it, so we are going to give it a try. Fingers crossed.

Awh Sonkie - they obviously had a lovely time and really enjoyed their grand-daughter. And it sounds like they were a great help.

Hmmm I couldnt get our check up appointment for both of us at the same time. So mine is Tuesday and bringing him again on Thursday - phew. The hospital is about 40 minutes away so not happy to make the journey twice in one week....anyhooo

I finally expressed enough milk so hubby could do a feed last night..but I know what you mean Sunflower it took me almost 1 1/2 hours to get 200mls so I was literally feeding and expressing all day. I will be back to work a few weeks after Christmas I think I will introduce one bottle of formula per day when he reaches 12ish weeks - it will also mean I could get down to the gym for an hour as hubby can mind him and have a bottle as a contingency if he get hungry....

hey bea,

i have been tempted to top up sujoud with formula, but all the information I have read on feeding/weaning suggests to stay with breastmilk as long as possible -- mixing BM with formula too soon could lead to stomach problems later in life -- as well as weaning too soon...i coulnt believe my ears when my friend started feeding her twins at 4 1/2 months!

what is everyone's thoughts on weaning early/later than the NHS recommendations?

hope you all are enjoying the cooler weather! and we are sending lots of cuddles to all our babes!

Hannah was weighed this morning, she now weighs 8lb 15.5oz and still on the same centile line as birth so is doing well considering her colic.
The health visitor was given "colief" by a mum to pass on to anyone who needed it, so we are going to give it a try. Fingers crossed.

hey sonya,

just wondering if you stuck with the breastfeeding, or giving her formula -- or both?

i wouldnt say sujoud has colc -- but she sometimes starts screaming her head off -- and either lets out a loud burp -- or burps from her bottom! (heheheh)

i found infacol/gripe water to produce explosive bowel movements -- which upset her even more! so now, i dont use anything...anybody else find this consequence?

hey bea,

i have been tempted to top up sujoud with formula, but all the information I have read on feeding/weaning suggests to stay with breastmilk as long as possible -- mixing BM with formula too soon could lead to stomach problems later in life -- as well as weaning too soon...i coulnt believe my ears when my friend started feeding her twins at 4 1/2 months!

what is everyone's thoughts on weaning early/later than the NHS recommendations?

hope you all are enjoying the cooler weather! and we are sending lots of cuddles to all our babes!

I started weaning the boys at around 4 months, they soon became constipated so will be taking the health visitors advice when we get near weaning time.

hey sonya,

just wondering if you stuck with the breastfeeding, or giving her formula -- or both?
Just breastfeeding her ......formula can constipate them especially if breastfeeding too.
i wouldnt say sujoud has colc -- but she sometimes starts screaming her head off -- and either lets out a loud burp -- or burps from her bottom! (heheheh)
Yes this is what happens with Hannah but she cries for hours, kicking her legs, pulling them up and clenched fists....actually she screams with the pain, which the health visitor witnessed today.

i found infacol/gripe water to produce explosive bowel movements -- which upset her even more! so now, i dont use anything...anybody else find this consequence?

This is because the meds are helping shift the wind.......hoping the colief will work, HV said to ditch gripe water and stick with either infacol or these new drops we are trying......will give my verdict as and when.

The protocols have changed so much since I had my son....feeding now is recommened at 6 months as opposed to 4 months..... My pediatrician actually mentioned giving a bottle of formula every now and then from 6 weeks - anyhoo meeting him again this Thursday and will check before I decide....my health nurse is not very good so not taking any advice there....

Just back from my 6 week check up .....all great...no excuse now but to go back to the gym!! LOL

Fab! Great to have you on board....how you been??

Hello

I've had my 28 week bloods and GTT tests done on Friday ..... which THANKFULLY after the last episode, proved uneventful !

I'm occassionally getting really strange soreness in my stomach. Not cramp (though had the odd leg cramp) and not nasty nasty - just real dull aching.

I've been stupidly busy at work and it's going to get busier still as we're heading into our busiest time of year. I'm probably due at the worst time possible for us as a company :-S

My new trainee is coming on well .... well enough that he's starting to be of some use to me... but not THAT good that I can leave him with more than minor tasks unsupervised. It just takes time - but that's not something I've got much of.. especially when we're so busy.

Still - got space for a pram behind my desk... so no reason why I can't do a few hours daily and work from home....

Am I still in denial ???

Fab! Great to have you on board....how you been??

Hi Bea

Actually I have been great this pregnancy - so far!!

My first I had horrendous morning sickness morning noon and night! and I actually lost 2 stones during my pregnancy.

Second was better but I had awful SPD and I am hoping it dosen't come back this time. Yesterday I tripped and hurt my back and I am hoping its not a trigger for the SPD to start. When I see the midwife next week I am going to ask for an immediate referral to Obstetric Physiotherapy.

No sickness yet <<crosses fingers>> touch of nausea at times but its bearable and I am staving it off with sugar free mints.

I am eating loads! :eek: I don't feel hungry though. I am into fruit this time, the other day I ate 5 peaches through the day,:eek: how I didn't end up spending the night on the loo I don't know!!!

Heres hoping for a good remaining (about) 7 months!! I figure I am almost 8 weeks now, due around 20th March, but Midwife will hopefully confirm it for me.

Anyhoo I have waffled enough!! :D

Well after being given these new drops Hannah had a pretty good evening, even fed solidly for an hour at 10.30pm, slept until 6.30 this morning.
Though she has not long had a screaming session so massaged her tummy in a clockwise direction which eventually shifted a lot of wind... I am feeling pretty rough as Mark is still not helping.....I told him this morning that im not happy, that i dont get 5 mins to myself and that i feel im gonna crack up soon if he dont change.

So we will see...

((Sonkie)) sounds like the drops helped a bit last night...fingers crossed they do the trick.

Re Mark, you'll have to give him lists :D I do this to my DH all the time, it drives him potty, but it's the only way I can guarantee that he does his share LOL

Hope everyone else is doing well.
Congratulations Spooky :)
xxx

((Sonkie)) sounds like the drops helped a bit last night...fingers crossed they do the trick.

Yeah sure hope it is the drops working, though she had an episode this morning but once I massaged her tummy it eased.

Re Mark, you'll have to give him lists :D I do this to my DH all the time, it drives him potty, but it's the only way I can guarantee that he does his share LOL

He told me his ex wrote lists, and that he did most of the housework......so when I get mad he will come to me and say "whats wrong and what needs doing.".....erm open your eyes and you will see the mess......must be a man thing......but its driving me mad I cant physically and mentally do everything.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
Congratulations Spooky :)
xxx

For a minute thought we had a new "club" member

Back