new mums & mums to be !!! Who`s baby is due next ???

Hi Sonkie,

Try and gently massage the lumpy bit down towards your nipple when your baby is feeding - that should help. If not, try and lay your baby down flat on her back whilst you 'dangle' your boob above her and see if gravity gets rid of it - or, get a wide toothed comb and very gently stroke your breast from the lump down towards the nipple. use soap or bodywash or oil so there is no friction.
Definatley don't stop feeding on that side though :)

HTH!

Nicola x

Hiya sonkie

As others have said, massage the lumps either in the shower or while youre feeding.. Keep offering that boob and especially when she's hungry to help it drain.. Try hand expressing (or pump etc) on that side too! Hope it clears up soon, see your gp if it doesnt just to make sure its a blocked duct! I had a lump under my arm which was either a blocked duct or swollen lymph (gp wasnt sure) but it went within 3 or 4 days, hope yours does too!

How you feelin' today Sonkie? I have had blocked duct in the first week too - not pleasant but it moved on a about 3 days.

On a completely different topic - we had fish for dinner yesterday. It was supposed to be boneless fillet of cod but a tiny piece of bone has got stuck in my throat. I can swallow etc ok but its just stuck there. Have tried eating dry bread, gargling, drinking loads but nothing is shifting it - its so uncomfortable....any idea much appreciated. (On the slighly postive side - I have no interest in eating today as a result!! LOL) Help!!!

How you feelin' today Sonkie? I have had blocked duct in the first week too - not pleasant but it moved on a about 3 days.
It seems to have cleared now .....the massage as feeding helped.
On a completely different topic - we had fish for dinner yesterday. It was supposed to be boneless fillet of cod but a tiny piece of bone has got stuck in my throat. I can swallow etc ok but its just stuck there. Have tried eating dry bread, gargling, drinking loads but nothing is shifting it - its so uncomfortable....any idea much appreciated. (On the slighly postive side - I have no interest in eating today as a result!! LOL) Help!!!
Hope the bone shifted if not I would get checked out as it could cause infection if left.

I had a call from gp surgery today to arrange our 6-8 wk check, so we are there tomorrow, then we will get imms sorted.

Hey all - hope you're all ok :)

Gosh Bea that sounds painful - hope you get it sorted soon.
Sonkie - glad you're feeling better :)

xx

I'm due back at the hospital on Thursday. Until I go and can ask - is there anything I can take for heartburn? Carbs SO do not agree with me... but I'm doing as I'm told and eating them. However, I can't sleep and even trying to lie raised on pillows keep waking up with acid on the verge of chucking up.

Any ideas ?

I'm due back at the hospital on Thursday. Until I go and can ask - is there anything I can take for heartburn? Carbs SO do not agree with me... but I'm doing as I'm told and eating them. However, I can't sleep and even trying to lie raised on pillows keep waking up with acid on the verge of chucking up.

Any ideas ?

Have you tried Gaviscon liquid?
xx

Hi all
Well we have our first of injections today and they went ok really. He cried for about 15 seconds with each jap but was smiling by the time a put him back in the car seat.....been a bit grumpier this eveing than usual but fast asleep now after feeding for about 60 minutes lol.

Sonkie.....welll I got a throat infection...have a doc appointment for tomorrow to get it sorted....feel dreadful.

Any ideas ?

I had some heartburn in the last few weeks and found back massage was brilliant (and was sooo relaxing) which ment I didnt have to take anything. My sis is a holistic therapist so I am lucky but she just worked on the area of my back that was close to my stomach (if you know what I mean) and hey presto it disappeared!!

spooky - ooh not long to wait then! Thursday will be here before you know it!

sarah - I found sucking on a rennie tablet (rather than chewing it) really helped, I was really suffering with it by the end with laying all the time but rennies really helped!

Hi all...its 6.20am and I am the only one up in our house. My attachment is still asleep since 10pm last night....of course I was so used to waking at 4am etc was wide awake in a panic to see if he was ok.....snoozing away in his crib!

Started doing the low GI diet since Monday and its working ok as the whole family can eat and I am not preparing any special meal...just adding some pototes and rice for everyone else...feeling lighter if you know what I mean. Not eating too much has been helped by the throat infection was soooo painful. Anyway the doc gave me some antibods and they are beginning to work now.

Hope all doing well....

Well Hannah has her date for first lot of jabs.......im dreading it to be honest, I wasnt this bad over the boys, then again they didnt suffer with colic like she has. So next thursday at 3pm..........

Well Hannah has her date for first lot of jabs.......im dreading it to be honest, I wasnt this bad over the boys, then again they didnt suffer with colic like she has. So next thursday at 3pm..........

Sonkie - I was definately worse this time but to be honest it wasnt half as bad as I had myself worked up. My doc said the jabs have improved in content that babies dont have reactions and they are not as painful - once the initial shock of the jab is over our little guy was smiling again by the time I had him back in the car seat...honestly. Hugs...

Well the forum has been a bit quiet eh? With all the antibods i have been taking my lil guy hasv been really off form and very clingy. Almost finished them so hopefully they will get out of my system quickly.

We are going down the country for a few days tomorrow...renting a house on the grounds of a hotel so looking forward to nice walks and using the leisure centre....fingers crossed the weather will be at least dry. Its hard to believe this is the end of the summer.

Going out now to get the last of the school books...

Hope everyone is well.

Sounds lovely Bea, have a wonderful time!

We're going through a bit of a time of it here at the moment, it's almost like the colic is back but it can be at any time of the day and she is just unconsolable.. I really dont know what I'm missing with her, I wish I knew what the problem was.. :( Sometimes it's that she's tired but not others, sometimes putting her down works but not others, sometimes going for a walk will help - but it varies which position in the sling to use.. I have plenty of milk there and sometimes she'll feed, sometimes she wont.. I've left a message for the HVs asking someone to call me - but I'm fully expecting them to say that because she's only gaining 4-5ozs a week that it's just down to my milk but then she feeds when ever she wants to so I dont think it's that?

Any thoughts/ideas appreciated!

Well the forum has been a bit quiet eh? With all the antibods i have been taking my lil guy hasv been really off form and very clingy. Almost finished them so hopefully they will get out of my system quickly.

We are going down the country for a few days tomorrow...renting a house on the grounds of a hotel so looking forward to nice walks and using the leisure centre....fingers crossed the weather will be at least dry. Its hard to believe this is the end of the summer.

Going out now to get the last of the school books...

Hope everyone is well.

WHEREABOUTS ARE you going ????

Sounds lovely Bea, have a wonderful time!

We're going through a bit of a time of it here at the moment, it's almost like the colic is back but it can be at any time of the day and she is just unconsolable.. I really dont know what I'm missing with her, I wish I knew what the problem was.. :( Sometimes it's that she's tired but not others, sometimes putting her down works but not others, sometimes going for a walk will help - but it varies which position in the sling to use.. I have plenty of milk there and sometimes she'll feed, sometimes she wont.. I've left a message for the HVs asking someone to call me - but I'm fully expecting them to say that because she's only gaining 4-5ozs a week that it's just down to my milk but then she feeds when ever she wants to so I dont think it's that?

Any thoughts/ideas appreciated!

Hannah has moments like that, some days its after 3pm she starts then there are days where it starts earlier.
She will start to feed then get irritable and keep pulling of the breast, will wind her and try again but she just wont settle at the breast. So I give her infacol and dummy and lay her on my chest .......she will then want a top up every 2 hrs until she can take a full feed.

It is very tiring though.......after all the suffering with the colic I am then taking her for her jabs thurs afternoon. Not looking forward to it at all.

Back