new mums & mums to be !!! Who`s baby is due next ???

Well Hannah is still not too brill, im not positive it is colic now.......she will feed for 10 mins or so then pull off screaming, well went to see dr who is thinking it may be reflux, so has put her on gaviscon which has helped slightly but she still screams.
I think it is to do with wind in the bowel, I feel it bubbling away and she screams just before passing wind......I did say this to the dr a couple of times but because she is usually feeding he thinks stomach prob.
I have noticed she likes to be on the breast just before passing wind !!!!!

How is everyone doing ?????
Bea baby is doing well, bet you are pleased.

Last edited:
Hi guys, congrats on all your new(ish) arrivals.... i love reading how your all doing, my partner and I really want to start a family soon so its great reading your up's and down's.

Sonkie, i could be a million percent wrong but hannah's symptons sounds v similar to my friends little one. She is intolerant to cow's milk, the dr originally thought it was colic and precribed gaviscon then something else (i've forgotten the name). Poor little soul cried one day for 20 hours almost solid, HV said to try swaddling her, my poor friend really went thru it but now she's like a different baby, she gets powered milk from the dr and is coming on great.

I know its not my business and it might not be that but everything is worth checking.

Keep up the good work mummies, G_D

Hi guys, congrats on all your new(ish) arrivals.... i love reading how your all doing, my partner and I really want to start a family soon so its great reading your up's and down's.

Sonkie, i could be a million percent wrong but hannah's symptons sounds v similar to my friends little one. She is intolerant to cow's milk, the dr originally thought it was colic and precribed gaviscon then something else (i've forgotten the name). Poor little soul cried one day for 20 hours almost solid, HV said to try swaddling her, my poor friend really went thru it but now she's like a different baby, she gets powered milk from the dr and is coming on great.

I know its not my business and it might not be that but everything is worth checking.

Keep up the good work mummies, G_D

thanx.......I am breastfeeding though if the gaviscon doesnt work he wants me to introduce 1 bottle feed a day.......????

thanx.......I am breastfeeding though if the gaviscon doesnt work he wants me to introduce 1 bottle feed a day.......????

Poor Hannah.......when are you back to the doc? I really hope gaviscon works for her.

When I went for the 6 week check I asked the doc about introducing bottles. I said I was planning to introduce them at about 3 months to slowly start the weaning process.....I am back to work at the end of January so he will need to be on formula by then. Breast feeding is going really well and to be honest I couldnt be done with all that that sterlising etc ....I havent started yet.

Sonkie - keep us posted on how Hannah is doing.

G_D that was a really interesting read, thank you!

Sorry if i'm butting in here. I have only recently joined but I have two girls. Ellie who is 2 on 1st October and Ruby who is 10 weeks, born 11th July.

Sonkie Hannah sounds very much like my oldest. I wouldn't rule out colic all together. Sorry I only skimmed the previous posts but have you tried dentox and infacol. With Ellie we ended up switching to Dr Browns bottles and C&G comfort formula. This did settle her down within days but I regrette not doing more to continue breastfeeding. The sucking reflex helps the bowel process wind as a bowel cannot spasm while the baby is suckling. You get the same affect with a dummy or her thumb.

Sorry if i'm butting in here. I have only recently joined but I have two girls. Ellie who is 2 on 1st October and Ruby who is 10 weeks, born 11th July.

Sonkie Hannah sounds very much like my oldest. I wouldn't rule out colic all together. Sorry I only skimmed the previous posts but have you tried dentox and infacol.
I have put her back on the infacol, though before going to the dr I was giving her infacol then next feed dentinox which had the best results on her so far
With Ellie we ended up switching to Dr Browns bottles and C&G comfort formula. This did settle her down within days but I regrette not doing more to continue breastfeeding. The sucking reflex helps the bowel process wind as a bowel cannot spasm while the baby is suckling. You get the same affect with a dummy or her thumb.

I have just got back from baby clinic and spoke to a locum health visitor, I told her the only effect the gaviscon has had is bunging her up, so increased pain whilst trying to go. We have both agreed to put her back on the colic drops and to give her cooled boiled water between breastfeeds to encourage her bowels to get going.
As for the comfort from sucking I introduced her to a dummy from about 2-3 weeks which does help to comfort her.
She is now 11lb 6oz so still gaining and plenty of wet nappies.

Anyway I feel much more positive after talking to her so fingers crossed Hannah will soon grow out of the colic, or should I say that her bowel gets going soon.....lol.

HHHHM see if I can remember how to put up a pic, with daddy showing him how to drive.....lol

Attachments

• SDC10108.JPG
    SDC10108.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 49
Sonkie - she just sooooo cute and looks a lot like you I think!

Today I went to Gymboree....which was a bit of an ordeal to get us ready and out the door but we got there on time. They had lots of games for babies from 3 months, soft balls, colourful scraves and bubbles......we were exhausted afterwards LOL.....he's been in good form all day.

Hiya Sonks :)

Just been catching up a bit on you and your gorgeous girlie. All I can say is that I really hope for both your sakes that once solids are introduced, it helps all this wind pain and colic.:bliss:

I think you have been amazing to hold up like you have, from day one with this. :)

Lots of love....xxx

Hiya Sonks :)

Just been catching up a bit on you and your gorgeous girlie. All I can say is that I really hope for both your sakes that once solids are introduced, it helps all this wind pain and colic.:bliss:

I think you have been amazing to hold up like you have, from day one with this. :)

Lots of love....xxx

Thanx hun.........she does seem to be getting better since stopping the gaviscon, still occasional screaming.
I must say she is doing well at night now going anywhere from 6-10 hours at night, so am now catching up on some sleep though I keep waking to check on her.
I know some will not agree but she sleeps much better on her belly.......I know with the cot death etc I shouldn`t but if thats the only way she gets comfortable then so be it......she cant go under the covers and I check she isnt too hot or cold.

Hey Helen......a question about the 3rd set of imms......am I right in that they have 3 jabs :eek: if so where do they do them as they have 1 jab in each leg with the first 2.......poor mites. :sigh:

Hannah has her second lot on tuesday, Im not looking forward to it.......willgive her calpol before hand again

Thanx hun.........she does seem to be getting better since stopping the gaviscon, still occasional screaming.
I must say she is doing well at night now going anywhere from 6-10 hours at night, so am now catching up on some sleep though I keep waking to check on her.
I know some will not agree but she sleeps much better on her belly.......I know with the cot death etc I shouldn`t but if thats the only way she gets comfortable then so be it......she cant go under the covers and I check she isnt too hot or cold.

I put Sujoud on her tummy at 1 1/2 months -- while she was still in the moses basket next to me -- yes i kept waking up through the night to check on her -- but thats when she started sleeping through the night! tbh -- as a baby my mom put me and my two brothers on their tummies to sleep -- ad in terms od SIDS/cot death -- the medical profession dont have any one real reason why it happens to some babies...basically 'back to sleep' is a program set up to possibly prevent SIDS -- but its still happening! Tummy time is essential for upper trunk strength and control...in no time, you will see her start to want to turn over! glad to know she is doing better...does she enjoy warm baths? sometimes that helps (us adults!) xxoo

Sleeping on back v tummy is interesting. My first guy was in an incubator for first few days and they put them on their tummy cos its more comfortable for them breathing is what I was told by the mid-wives....think you are right Nina its hasnt been estalished the cause of cot death etc. I find myself waking every three hours or so to checkup on him regardless......

My little guy is now in his cot and thinking of moving him into his own room (next to mine) just to get him used to it....we couldnt get our first guy out of our room for nearly 2 years!!!

Well another 7 1/2 hrs last night, she is still in her moses basket though when stretched out on belly she nearly fills it, so will have to go into cot soon......though that will mean in her own room as our bedroom isnt big enough .......the boys have the biggest double so our room is nearer Hannahs.
She is settling down tummywise too, even feeding for longer and better.....though we had huge explosion in the nappy dept this morning so much so I binned her trousers and vest !!!!!

We put babies on their tummy in nicu because it helps them absorb their food better and settles them if they're more refluxy - but ONLY if they have an apnoea monitor on.. The stats are overwhelmingly in favour that putting babies on their backs significantly reduced the rates of cotdeath.. If they roll there of their own volition then there's not much that we can do - but I'm still putting Jocelyn on her back to sleep although she ends up on her side within seconds, that's where she's comfy! :D That said though, I know she cant obstruct her airway on her side!

Sonkie - yeah, it's 3 jabs, 2 in one leg and one in the other..

Talking of jabs, I was talking to a friend of mine who's been researching the MMR and she said that mercury is still in the jabs and it's at a level which is 25 times higher than is considered safe.. Personally I dont think that there would be a drug in there at levels which are unsaft but it's interesting that the mercury is still in there, under a different name (something beginning with T) and the single jabs dont have them.. It's in there, she was saying, to give the virus something to bind to so that the body cant excrete it while it's building up antibodies - but because it's mercury it cant ever excrete it.. So I dont know what to do now - I do want her to have it in some form, that goes without question, but I dont want her to have the mercury.. It's bad enough that it's in the routine jabs also and, interestingly, when she was talking it over with her GP she found that the research is out as to whether the repeated boosters we give at 3 and 4 months actually give any better immunity than if we just gave them the first jab at 2 months.. It's such a minefield isn't it?

Back