new mums & mums to be !!! Who`s baby is due next ???

The whole MMR thing is so difficult. I gave it to my older son with no reaction and with the increase in the diseases its difficult to know. I hadnt heard about mercury.....another thing to google!!

Sonkie my little guy is now in his cot in his room next to ours....I had to admit its soooo weird having him next door - even when he is sleeping I am in there every three hours checking up on him LOL.

Glad hannah is doing well........

I am for a long buggy walk this afternoon.....weather lovely for a change!!

when she was talking it over with her GP she found that the research is out as to whether the repeated boosters we give at 3 and 4 months actually give any better immunity than if we just gave them the first jab at 2 months.. It's such a minefield isn't it?

I was supposed to get sujoud's 4month jabs in the beginning of september -- but canceled due to weather conditions -- since then I had been reading about vaccinations for babies -- well, I do know that some vaccines are useful and beneficial to the community's health...but I too had been debating if she really needed this 3rd lot of jabs since she had the other 2?

and in terms of the MMR -- we were told as speech therapists in the working field that it was best to delay giving the lot upto the age of 3 or 4 -- when language was clearly present and the risk of autism related stories would have declined. so then the link bwtn MMR and autism would be apparent or not...

I am not against the mercury in our bodies -- cuz its even in the fish we consume -- but its so dangerous on a developing baby's nervous system etc...perhaps to delay is better?

I think it's more that my friend was saying that it's stored in fat and the fat within the brain is where it's most easily absorbed - or something like that.. Oh I dont know - I work in healthcare and even I'm going round in circles over it yet I give vaccinations!

well, unfortunately, mercury is in many environmental scenerios in which we come in contact throughout our lives...

I am not saying that it is safe in ANY level...it cant be, cuz its not NATURALLY found in our bodies!

vaccines seem to be a necessary evil in the world which we live in -- and strains of many viruses/bateria are getting stronger each passing day!

I just think we should avoid the uneccessarily overloading of our newborn babies -- at least until their own immune systems are ready to handle foreign invaders into their systems (which these vaccines are comprised of the VERY substance they are providing immunity to!)

with that said...I HAD to give Sujoud the tuberculosis shot b4 leaving hospital -- and she has a nasty mark on her arm now!!:break_diet:

:cry:well its official I am back to work at the end of jan......feeling really sad and guilty bout it.....will have to start weaning soon...will start mid Nov when he's 6 months old..........:(

Oh Bea - it's horrid isn't it? I'm dreading going back to work.. Are you going back full time?

Spooky - yay!! Hope you feel them regularly now!! 15 weeks is early though, is this your second?

Oh Bea - it's horrid isn't it? I'm dreading going back to work.. Are you going back full time?

:cry:Yes - financially we just dont have a choice......I didnt find it nearly as hard (dont know why) with my first. My hubby works shift work so it means the kids are only in creche 3 days a week (someweeks just 2 days). We have a lovely well run creche and the lady who will be minding junior is only taking care of one other baby the same age so he will have lots of attention and a little pal.....so I am not worried on that front. I just keep :cry::cry::cry:every time I think of leaving him each morning and not seeing him for the whole day:(:(:(:(.

I am a lil hard to live with at the moment - as I go from :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: to :cry::cry::cry::cry:about 10 times a day....that coupled with having to start weaning.....I feel soooo guilty:sigh::sigh::sigh:

Hi ladies

Been a while since I was on this thread!!

Well, I am now 15+1 and I felt a definite kick earlier on :D Makes the headaches and tiredness worth it! :D

Oh well done Spoky that the first hurdle over....the next tm is much easier I think.

Spooky - yay!! Hope you feel them regularly now!! 15 weeks is early though, is this your second?

Hi Sunflower

No its my third :eek: I have 2 daughters (ages 6 and 4)

I felt my other 2 babies both at 15 weeks too!! :D

I am at the Midwife tomorrow for triple test bloods too.

Bea - Yes I hope the next few weeks will be good!!

OOOOOO its been quiet in here, I have been busy with Hannahand trying to get the usual housework and ironing which is now such a big pile its looking very daunting.........on top of this I have been trying to get the house ready for viewings as we have to sell up....!
Little miss must sense I have loads to do as when I put her down she cries or wakes up......hmmmm.

Hey guys.....Hannah seems much better colic wise, but is suffering with windy bowel which makes her cry before passing wind, she hasnt had a dirty nappy for 4-5 days now.......where she usually goes every day......should I be worried....she does seem uncomfortable and massage helps a little. So im thinking about taking her to drs.....what would you do, I am still breastfeeding !!!

Hey guys.....Hannah seems much better colic wise, but is suffering with windy bowel which makes her cry before passing wind, she hasnt had a dirty nappy for 4-5 days now.......where she usually goes every day......should I be worried....she does seem uncomfortable and massage helps a little. So im thinking about taking her to drs.....what would you do, I am still breastfeeding !!!

My Nanna's old remedy for this was warm boiled water in a bottle with half a teaspoon of brown sugar dissolved into it.

Worked with my kids at the time.:D

Also, half a weetabix would shift anything that was bunged up....lol. Not sure if you are giving Hannah anything like that yet though Sonks? Is she drinking enough cooled boiled water?

I would definitely be asking Health Visitor about it if you've got to 4-5 days with no pooh!

Lacey..xx :)

well - I've got a date for induction of 23rd Oct. The diabetes has been rather unstable and I've generally been in the hospital weekly for clinic appointments right the way through.

They've ben changing the insulin amounts every 2 days and have just changed insulin type too. I feel really really grim this afternoon and going to have to eat something soon as have taken evening insulin - but looking at dinner made me feel like I was going to throw up - so it's currently sat in the kitchen.

Not long now - it's all getting a bit scary

well - I've got a date for induction of 23rd Oct. The diabetes has been rather unstable and I've generally been in the hospital weekly for clinic appointments right the way through.

They've ben changing the insulin amounts every 2 days and have just changed insulin type too. I feel really really grim this afternoon and going to have to eat something soon as have taken evening insulin - but looking at dinner made me feel like I was going to throw up - so it's currently sat in the kitchen.

Not long now - it's all getting a bit scary

Sorry you havent been well. WOW - 23rd is only around the corner....how are you feeling about the induction?

How is she today Sonkie? My first guy went one whole week once - apparently its fairly common with breast fed babies - they use 100% of the milk so there is nothing left to excrete? :eek:

hey girls, just thought id pop in :) :) found out last week that im pregnant wasnt planned or anything but a very much wanted baby. had been tryin from sept the prev year and really really thought i was preg at xmas as had missed period but done test and it was neg. was so disappoited so decided it was time to shift the lbs wanted to shift a few more and get wedding over before trying but there ya go. im due the 5th june. seems ages away though but so exciting. cant wait. have a nearly 4year old girl already.

Blimey Karen when I saw your name last on this thread I thought Id missed an update in your diary or something :rotflmao:

Back