New, nervous

Boopers

This is the first forum that showed up in Google (yay!!) for weigh loss support.

I really want to get healthy, I'm twice the woman I used to be. I don't just want to lose weight. I'm getting informed (watching videos, reading) and choosing a path for how best I can accomplish what needs doing.

I'm in my mid-50's, so I am a bit apprehensive about how this will go - but my sister is 13 months older than I am, and she lost 16 pounds since June 8th by cutting out wheat and sugar.

I look forward to diving head-first into the community.

Hey boopers!

Welcome to the forum. We are a very friendly bunch on here so have a nosy around and don't feel shy about joining in diaries and threads people you don't know have started. Lots of us have diaries either in the general diaries section or in a subsection of the kind of diet we are following, many including mine, become sort of vents for everything, weight loss (and gains) are related to everything else that goes on in our lives after all!!

If you decide to start a diary then let me know so I can follow you!

Good luck with your journey

K x

Thanks, Kate! I did edit my signature *can see it in my 2nd post, but not my 1st, actually*

I figure I'll have to buy a scale, as I have not had one in forever. I'm just so excited that everything is falling together like this (education, support community, etc.)

Well as far as the scales go there is a very divided opinion... Some will say never weigh, just take measurements and work from those, some (most probably) think weighing at a set time once per week/fortnight/month is best, lots of people go to boots or a slimming class or the nurse at the local gp so there is no temptation to daily weigh as our weight fluctuates so much over the course of the day. Some people including myself occasionally weigh in daily first thing, but I have to be super disciplined not to dive on the scales all day long. Just try out a few things and see what seems to fit.

I can't see your sig at the mo as I'm on the iPad and I can't figure out how to see them on here!

K x

No worries - I would like to track, though. And since I know I weight twice as much as I'd like to (only just past 5' tall, so 125 is completely doable, and I'm 267), ... will see. It's going on 6:00 a.m. here, and I think I should get some sleep. :)

Nice meeting you.

welcome Boopers, I've been around here on and off for years and have always found the people here to be really friendly and supportive. So good luck with your weight los and my advice is to start a diary thread of your own, they really do work. So I must make a note to myself to start a new diary thread of my own for my own journey which I started this weekend.

Thanks! I will likely wait til 50 posts, since 20 didn't get me anywhere (I know something was supposed to happen, but it hasn't - thought it was the Avatar.) And I have three likes, but the system won't let me see what posts. A bit frustrating. :)

Boopers said:
Minnesota! :) I think I'm seeing a lot of members from UK/AU?

Hey boppers just noticed your from Minnesota I have been i've there working a few times, I think it was near Minnetonka:)

Back