new person needing a kick start pls

thanks for reply luv.

i dont normally have decaff, just got it today for diet as bit unsure what drinks i can have just yet.

how much have you lost on the diet? are you still on induction?

Hi and welcome, based upon your confusion of who can eat what and what part of the diet are people on, think we should all put in our signatures what level we are at so it is easier for the newbies?

I'll be doing it later I think, I'll start a new thread later asking others to do it, I'm on induction btw xx

Hi emma, welcome to this lovely friendly part of the board. I am only just setting out on atkins journey and just into week 2. If you want to take a look at my diary you can see what i have been testing out over last 8/9 days. i must admit that even after 1 week i feel much more confident to go solo either at the work canteen or out for dinner.

hon i have caffiene still the new book doesnt say about decaf.
i lost 29ish lbs on atkins, had a major week off went onto dukan, got to goal, went mental and came back to atkins cos i missed the food :)

hi emma,
i just started atkins too,
i tend to have a protein shake or eggs for breakfast, salad with goats cheese and chirizo/egg/ham for lunch, MIM for snacks (see recipes), stirfry spring onions, celery, pepper and chicken for tea.
the sugarfree jellies are great for a sweet tooth too.

yey snickett welcome to atkins (number 3!!!)

Hi Snickett and welcome to our little forum.

Hi Emma how you getting on?

Hi and welcome, based upon your confusion of who can eat what and what part of the diet are people on, think we should all put in our signatures what level we are at so it is easier for the newbies?

I'll be doing it later I think, I'll start a new thread later asking others to do it, I'm on induction btw xx

You can get that from the stats bars on the left hand side missy.

I've read most of the posts to this thread, but not all. Just remember to limit your cheese to 4 oz a day....
That alone, is one of the reasons I generally "low carb" and don't do Atkins... ") I can eat cheese all day, lose the weight, and not have any bowel issues so... Yeah ")
And also, remember that it's 20 NET grams of carbs these days. It certainly helps a bit. To calculate your net grams (if you know, I don't mean to step on toes!) you take the total carb and subtract the fiber. In the fall, my "cheat" snack was a honey crisp apple* (because they're SOOOO good and only around a month or two a year). I don't remember the numbers, exactly, but it was something like 25 g of carb, 6 g of fiber, so 19 net grams of carbs.

*remember, as I stated, I don't follow Atkins, but low carb. I've always had a difficult time with the vegetable intake, so I simply try to limit my carbs. Apples, if following true Atkins, are not re-introduced into the diet until OWL.

UK labeling shows the true NET carbs unlike US labeling. Only deduct the fiber when in US or using US products :)

Back